Disney is going downhill

jimaok

Mouseketeer
My family and I are at Disney this week, 7.26 through 8.1 and we have observed some crazy things. While standing in line for Navi River just inside the tunnel, we observed a 20-30 year old man enter the small alcove on the left to urinate. How do I know- I could hear it and partially see what was going on. My grandkids asked me where does that liquid go? I told them on the ground- that’s another reason we don’t sit on the ground. We also observed the same behavior yesterday in the magic kingdom parking lot. A 30 something man went next to the canal at 9:30 am and could plainly be seen relieving himself. Crowds are extremely huge right now. We started off at animal kingdom on Monday and magic kingdom yesterday. While leaving country bear jamboree yesterday there were two cms with buckets, mops and rags trying to clean up the rain water that came through the ceiling. Water was everywhere, the crowd from the show had to single file around them to get out. On every ride that had a line we had multiple people and groups use the “excuse me” line to get in front of us through the line. This is not an exaggeration. While in line for arial we had a group of eight people join their group of one person right in front of the cm. He did admonish them and told them they shouldn’t be doing that and to not do it again but he let them proceed. There’s no way that capacity wasn’t at least 70-80% yesterday at magic kingdom and the same at AK on Monday. As a DVC member and pass holder I don’t like what I’m seeing from Disney. Maybe that’s what a $50 ticket will get you.

From what you described it seems that it is not so much that Disney "has gone downhill," but that too many people have an "it's all about me," attitude. Urinating anywhere but in a restroom at Disney is plain gross. The person who did that in my book, is a pig.

Unfortunately I’ve seen this more then once throughout the years coming here. One example. I saw a kid relieve himself in the garden that surrounds the line at Spaceship Earth once (the mom stood there laughing and encouraged it - CMs didn’t notice). People suck sometimes, but can’t reay blame Disney for this.

Line cutting with the “excuse me” BS should not be tolerated or allowed by any CM though imo. But unfortunately we have been seeing this much more often then usual in this trip. We see a lot of people ask to enter the fastpass lane and then meet up with their family in the regular line. This seems to be even more common and allowed, since CMs gatekeep the fp lines. This is new for me and a bit surprising tbh.

Would have been so awesome if that alligator in the canal did what comes Natural to him too! Chomp chomp

I noticed a group following another group using that “excuse me line too” at MK. They come from behind and move so fast , they are past you before you realize it.
oh well
Kharma will get them eventually…

My family and I are at Disney this week, 7.26 through 8.1 and we have observed some crazy things. While standing in line for Navi River just inside the tunnel, we observed a 20-30 year old man enter the small alcove on the left to urinate. How do I know- I could hear it and partially see what was going on. My grandkids asked me where does that liquid go? I told them on the ground- that’s another reason we don’t sit on the ground. We also observed the same behavior yesterday in the magic kingdom parking lot. A 30 something man went next to the canal at 9:30 am and could plainly be seen relieving himself. Crowds are extremely huge right now. We started off at animal kingdom on Monday and magic kingdom yesterday. While leaving country bear jamboree yesterday there were two cms with buckets, mops and rags trying to clean up the rain water that came through the ceiling. Water was everywhere, the crowd from the show had to single file around them to get out. On every ride that had a line we had multiple people and groups use the “excuse me” line to get in front of us through the line. This is not an exaggeration. While in line for arial we had a group of eight people join their group of one person right in front of the cm. He did admonish them and told them they shouldn’t be doing that and to not do it again but he let them proceed. There’s no way that capacity wasn’t at least 70-80% yesterday at magic kingdom and the same at AK on Monday. As a DVC member and pass holder I don’t like what I’m seeing from Disney. Maybe that’s what a $50 ticket will get you.
I’m appalled at the public urination.

We were in multiple lines where people were supposedly joining their families. One person in line while 11 subsequently joined her. That one person should have just stayed back and waited for her family. Multiple times in line for MFSR which was 70 minutes, lots of excuse me’s 60 minutes into our wait to join their party all the way up front. That just tells me that one group decided to do something else and when they found out the rest of the group was still in line, they felt entitled to cut the entire line. A man cutting directly in front of me after we had been waiting in the outside queue for 30 minutes in the same line telling the CM that he was joining his family. He wasn’t because his family then also cut in front of me. And as he was letting them in, I tried to walk on by him, but he blocked me.

Although not disgusting as what you witnessed, but still inappropriate-a woman in a thong bikini with her entire behind on display at the Grand Floridian beach pool.
At another Disney resort, a family that put their infant in a float in the hot tub. Clueless.

Last edited:

From what you described it seems that it is not so much that Disney "has gone downhill," but that too many people have an "it's all about me," attitude. Urinating anywhere but in a restroom at Disney is plain gross. The person who did that in my book, is a pig.
It is public indecency and illegal. If any child sees it all sorts of nasty charges can be added.

Line breakers drive me nuts, too!
I remember when the Mine Train was new and the lines were L O N G! We had waited a long time in line and were at the part where we would be entering the queue shortly. This youngish blonde woman (I'd guess early 30's) walked right in front of us. I said, " The line starts back there", pointing to the long line. She obviously was not joining family. She just grinned at me and turned around and ignored us. There was no CM around. GRRR!

It’s not just one or two people, we have had groups of 8 to 15 people get by us. I forgot to mention the Navi river line where Disney put the beer stand right next to the Navi drums and line. We had groups of people get out of the line to get beer for themselves and their friends and then use the “excuse me”. Sorry, but I’m not going to confront a drunk in line.

Line breakers drive me nuts, too!

I remember when the Mine Train was new and the lines were L O N G! We had waited a long time in line and were at the part where we would be entering the queue shortly. This youngish blonde woman (I'd guess early 30's) walked right in front of us. I said, " The line starts back there", pointing to the long line. She obviously was not joining family. She just grinned at me and turned around and ignored us. There was no CM around. GRRR!

You can't blame Disney for people's lack of decency, loss of manners, and common sense. And, these days you're taking a big risk correcting or confronting anybody about their poor/bad behavior. Just look at the increased incidences on flights and of road rage.

Last edited:
While in line for arial we had a group of eight people join their group of one person right in front of the cm. He did admonish them and told them they shouldn’t be doing that and to not do it again but he let them proceed.

*This*is why Disney can be blamed. If the CM's allow it, then they permit it. Does anyone think that this is the last time these turds do that?

I also stop people from cutting in front of me with the arm. I think the next time it happens I'll also tell the CM that they'd cut through to me. I remember one time they argued that the person they were joining was just up ahead (about 40' in a straight line). Although they'd cut through a lot of people to get to me. I said, "Well, then, she can join you guys. No one minds when someone moves to the back of the line" They started to protest that wasn't fair that the line would be longer for them. I gave them a withering look and they shut up.

We actually did that twice at Universal, moved more to the back of the line to join together. DH and DD got in the Hagrid's line instead of waiting at the entrance to it like we had said. I eventually got mad and got in the line myself. I wasn't too far from them going through their SECOND time. We joined up by jumping the rail while loudly announcing we were going backward.

Several years ago, a family from the UK saw nothing wrong with letting their son urinate behind my lounge chair by the pool at POR. We could see the restrooms from where we were. This is nothing new and it definitely is not a Disney issue. It is a humans are horrible issue.

Thinking about this. We are socialized to not make a fuss. Maybe we should sometimes. Maybe shame some people. Like in the son urinating, maybe saying really loudly, "OH MY GOD! IS THAT BOY REALLY PEEING ON THE DECK? IT LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE ENCOURAGING HIM. ARE YOU GOING TO CLEAN UP YOUR SON'S PEE? THAT IS DISGUSTING"

My default reaction is nothing, which I think is true for most.

People are just unbelievable. Perhaps pre-Covid cast members were more stringent about confronting the line jumpers, but after everything they've been through this last year- being argued with, yelled at, insulted, and physically threatened, and in one case at least, spit on, I can see why they are reluctant to get into a confrontation with a line jumper, particularly a large group of them. Plus, Disney is just like anywhere else, understaffed and stretched to the limits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter