• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in May?.... good time to go? after being a die hard November fan?

Toffeelady68

Earning My Ears
Our last 8 trips to Disney have always been in November, and we have always loved that the fact that we have had great weather, little rain and get to enjoy the F & W Festival and see Christmas decorations.
We were contemplating a trip in May next year, when I know F&G Festival will be on. Any other benefits or pitfalls with May that I should be aware of? Any info/ pros or cons greatly appreciated x:worship:

I went in May last time, it was beautiful. Warm but not roasting, I’ll either go May or January now

It being my birthday helped

I'd pick May over November every single time. I like the weather better and the crowds are better.

We typically go to Disney in May and Universal in Nov. May is hotter by about 10 degrees (give or take) but still that same lower humidity which is nice. For us it's been similar amount of rain.

We went the first week of May in 2017. Crowds seemed lighter than other times we’ve gone. We didn’t have any rain on our trip, but it was hotter than I was expecting (90s every day). Unfortunately, my son will be starting school in the fall, so May won’t be an available option for the next 15 years, but I certainly recommend that time if you have the ability to go!

Last edited:
May is a great time to go. You get the last bit of nice weather before the summer heat and rain. The crowds also tend to be manageable

We’re going in early May this year for the first time. I’m hopeful it’s going to be less crowded and not as oppressively hot as our regular June/July trips.

We have been numerous times in May. Crowds can very but are very doable. Weather has varied from very warm to very hot. A couple of times id did not get below 90 and was in the mid 90's most of the time. A couple of times it was in the mid 80's most of the time. and a few times it was from the high 70's to the mid 90's from day to day. The evenings in May are awesome.

We were there last May, we are going again this May, and we enjoyed it! All of the CM's kept telling us that the torrential rain we experienced for the better part of the ten days we were there was unusual. That being said, it kept things cooler and we are hoping for some more rainy days this time around. We skipped out on 3 things we had planned (usually we are the ones who gear up and go out in the rain) because we were soaked before leaving our resort, so instead we walked through 6+ inches of water to get the main house at Poly for dinner! It made for some comical moments and lots of laughter The Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful and worth it! Prior to May, we have always been April and December travelers for the most part.

I’m excited to visit during May this year. Going May 10-18 l. We are doing universal may 10 departing May 12 for POFQ until the 18th!

I love going in May. Last few times have been in late April/early May after the spring break crowds have disappeared and right before Memorial Day weekend. Always a great time to visit. It's not super hot just yet plus you get to experience the F&G festival and it's offerings. Will be there from May 9th - May 18th this year.

We've been twice in late April/early May. Crowds weren't terrible but it was hot in the afternoons and one of the trips it rained steady and heavy something like 4 of the 7 days we were there, which was miserable and made it feel like a lot of money down the drain. We've also been twice in late October/early November and thought the weather was better and the crowds a bit heavier, at least for our last November trip. On average May isn't a whole lot wetter than November so we perhaps just had bad luck. We are planning another May trip in 2020.

I'm glad to hear so many positive reports for May, since we are going this May for the first time. We usually go in September (so HOT!) and November. We went in June once and went this past January for the first time. We liked the weather in January. It was a little chilly at night, but not at all bad.

As long as you're not going toward the end or last half of May. We did that for three years straight in 2015-2017; over the Memorial Day weekend +/- some days and it was way hot (I live in Alabama so I should be used to it) and very crowded.

I haven't been in early May since 2008 so I can't help there.

Wow, thanks for all your replies, it sounds like it is going to be a good alternative for us.... I am guessing that the daylight hours will be longer too, which is a huge plus ...I have always wanted to go to F& G festival as it looks so beautiful x

We went the third week of April last year, and in November in 2014. This year we're doing a quick trip in mid-May. I liked the weather in April better (our November trip was a little cooler than we ideally like), the crowds were better, and my Flower & Garden experience was nicer than Food & Wine. I'm hoping May will be similar to our April trip!

May and early May I should say. Is without a doubt the best time to visit Wdw. Crowds are very low. It’s the only time we go. Unless my wife is in Orlando for business. Then we’ll do a day then. But as for vacation. It’s the first week of May!! Simply cannot be beat.

May is awesome! It is usually pretty warm (90ish) for our last May trip on most days, but the Flower and Garden Festival is my absolute favorite!! It is definitely the most beautiful time to be in Epcot, and the food booths have some very good offerings. I like the F&W food slightly better, but the park is SO much prettier in the spring! We went in November last year, and while I preferred the milder weather better, my husband was missing the May heat.

May is great, has my favorite festival at Epcot, but just be aware the crowds are there. It’s hard to find a time that isn’t crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter