Disney in March?

Spectro is #1

DVC Member
I am planning a trip to OKW in March of 2002...(17-23) What is the weather like in March....can you swim? How are the crowds? Would love advice from past March visitors.

We've been at Disney in that week in March for the last 7 years. The weather has always been great, except for this year when it rained and was cool (it just happened to be the days we were at Disney, right after we left for another part of Florida it went to high 70's and sunny) but usually it's warm during the day and maybe a light jacket at night.
Yes, swimming is terrific - it's warm but not humid yet so swimming is very refreshing. The crowds depend on when Easter falls - but usually it's fine, lines are few and crowds manageable.
We like March because being from New York it's the end of Winter and by the time we come back it's getting warmer here too - Winter is gone. Also, if you're interesting in doing some travelling around it's prime time for Spring Training baseball - catch a few games!! Actually, at WWOS the Braves play.
Can you tell I love March?

:D

We have gone every March for the past 26 years. We are there usally the last week in March. It's warm, but I like a light jacket in the evening (after 8pm).

Two years ago, my son & wife went the second week in March and it was too cold to swim, etc. We went the last week, and it was great.

December is much more unpredictable for us!

We went the last week of March this year and the weather was nice. I wouldn't say great because there were several days when it was very chilly swimming. The sun was out, but it was very cold when you were wet from the pool.

We wore jackets every night and one night it was just plain cold and windy. We didn't let it stop us though!

Being from the Midwest, we very much enjoyed just seeing the sunshine! Our last day (March 30) was fantastic - close to 80 degrees.

The parks were extremely crowded as this is spring break time for most of the Midwest. (That's why we were there).

I guess I would tell you that we prefer September, but with school schedules, I am sure we will go again in March one of these years.

Hi!
We, (4 adults and 3 boys plus infant) were in OKW from March 9 to March 19, this year. The weather allowed us to be at the pool when we wanted to except for one rainy day. We went to Disney Quest which was very crowded.

I have to say that in all of my years of going to WDW, this was the first time that we couldn't get near Small World because of the crowds... Magic Kingdom was packed. The other parks were busy but not that bad.

Coming from New Jersey in horrible weather and walking over to Olivia's that night (without jackets) was absolutely wonderful!

June:pinkbounc

Only had one year of cool weather in March. It was the El Nino year and the week we were there it was low 70's during the day and upper 40's at night.

The other times we went in March were excellent, though. Swimming and crowds were no problem.

We've been going to WDW the third week of March alternate years during my spring break from the small university where I teach. We'll be at BWV next March. Weather has always been very pleasant. I sometimes need a sweatshirt or light jacket for my early morning walk or for an evening trip back to one of the parks (usually Epcot), but daytime temperatures have always been shirtsleeves and shorts weather (of course after the midwest winter, it might not take much to get me into a pair of shorts; just about anything above 60 deg will do the trick ;) ). We're more likely to sit around the pool enjoying a beverage than actually swimming, but there have always been plenty of people in the pool wherever we stayed. In March, 2000 we were at the Disney Institute and the pool was generally very quiet in the morning and busier in the afternoon. All-in-all, it's a good time to visit WDW.

Next year, March 23 is the last night of Magic Season right before the 2-week Premier Season around Easter (a fairly early Easter in 2002), so I'm hoping we avoid most of the crowds associated with the week before and week after Easter.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter