Disney in Jan 2013..

downunder

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We are headed to TDL and TDS in Jan 2013. Will be travelling with my hubby, 2 girls aged 4 and 2, my parents and sis, brother-in-law and theuir 1 yr old son..

I know it is going to be cold, but how cold exactly? Anyone on the forums live in tokyo or have experienced disney in winter?? any advice would be great!

What are the crowds like in Jan? we will be there wed 15th-saturday 18th January.

We are staying at the hilton and will also travel into tokyo for a few days.
Any advice on must sees?

I wanted to go to
1. Ueno Park and zoo
2. kiddyland
3. see the harijuku girls (on sundays??)

any other hints or tips would be great:)

Jess

downunder said:
Hi all,
We are headed to TDL and TDS in Jan 2013. Will be travelling with my hubby, 2 girls aged 4 and 2, my parents and sis, brother-in-law and theuir 1 yr old son..

I know it is going to be cold, but how cold exactly? Anyone on the forums live in tokyo or have experienced disney in winter?? any advice would be great!

What are the crowds like in Jan? we will be there wed 15th-saturday 18th January.

Any advice on must sees?

I wanted to go to
1. Ueno Park and zoo
2. kiddyland

Jess

Crowds in January will be light so you can get a lot done! I'm at Disneyland now so can't reply in detail by I live by the resort and it does get really cold. I'll write a longer reply after getting home.

Hi all,

Any advice on must sees?

I wanted to go to
1. Ueno Park and zoo
2. kiddyland

Jess

Ok! It's going to be very cold mainly because of the wind off of the bay and DisneySea is always a couple of degrees colder than Disneyland. It more than likely will not snow in January but if there is any snow it usually will not stick. For the little ones I really recommend bringing a blanket that you can clip onto the stroller if you are using strollers.

Crowds in January are very very light. If you see that the parks close early like around 7pm due to it being the off season don't worry because you can still get every done.

For Tokyo I recommend avoiding using a stroller if at all possible and instead opting for a baby carrier like Bjorn because it will be much harder to move around the city. Places like Harajuku on Sunday can get crowded and with narrow walkways it will be hard to move with strollers not to mention train stations don't always have an elevator. When we move here my son was 2 and if we could avoid the stroller when visiting the city!

Good luck with your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter