Disney improvements during these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discruisin

Earning My Ears
With all of Disney being shut down, theme parks and ships I wonder how much improvements will be done to them during this time. I imagine there are lots of projects that needed to be done that just couldn't be done while parks and ships were in operation or if they could be done they would take a long time cause they had to do them at night. I would think the parks, resorts and ships will almost get an entire makeover and once they are re-opened everything should look brand new. Or maybe not, and I am just trying to find some type of hope out of this depressing situation.

Hoping that they can get a lot of maintenance done during this time. Seems like more ride issues the last few trips. This would be a good time to fix the pieces that weren't working.
This may even help with some of their construction as they won't have to worry about site appearance for guests.

Darn, I was hoping maybe they would fix that Yeti.
From what I understand, fixing Betty would be a major undertaking. Someone here will know more, but it's something like removing one entire side of Everest to make the repair. That's an exaggeration but it's something huge.:)

Oh man.....totally planning my 2021 trip to catch Guardians.....still haven’t seen SW, but decided to wait another whole year to get Tron and Guardians too. Gonna suck if it’s not done.

I don't think they'd undertake anything not currently planned, like the infamous Yeti people mention, as they don't know how long the parks will actually be closed. Might open in a few weeks, if things relent (unlikely, but might) or it might be years, the nature of it being up in the air is what will stay Disney's hands from taking on extra, unplanned work.

Now, it would be great if they could pull forward refurb plans during this time, like, the SpaceShip earth makeover that's scheduled for May 26th, pulling it forward to now, would hopefully get it done sooner. But that's going to depend on whatever 'state of emergency' and other regulations they would have to work around. If they're not going to be allowed to bring in workers to do the work, then well, they're not going to be able to bring in workers to do the work. In that case, we might even see the planned refurbs and ongoing construction, like Tron, pushed back.

I just saw an aerial photo from an empty MK that seemed to show 7 buckets extended to the castle. Was that all just there before, for the new paint job?

I just saw an aerial photo from an empty MK that seemed to show 7 buckets extended to the castle. Was that all just there before, for the new paint job?

That is for re-painting the castle which was well underway for the past week+. Much to the annoyance of many guests who had their castle photos consumed by crab-leg like cranes extending in all directions. :-)

I'm so tired of the constant overreaction.
Agreed. After listening to leaders say today that this might end in July or August, I felt so frustrated. That's 6 months of enforced isolation and idleness. No one has the right to take away 6 months of my life and my son's life, to try to pretect a subgroup of society from getting a disease that might be difficult for them. The people in the subgroups are the ones who should isolate themselves (with society's support), not everyone else. This is getting oppressive.

I'm so tired of the constant overreaction.
Agreed. After listening to leaders say today that this might end in July or August, I felt so frustrated. That's 6 months of enforced isolation and idleness. No one has the right to take away 6 months of my life and my son's life, to try to pretect a subgroup of society from getting a disease that might be difficult for them. The people in the subgroups are the ones who should isolate themselves (with society's support), not everyone else. This is getting oppressive.

I’m really not sure a Theme Park forum is the appropriate place for that discussion.

Regardless, construction has officially been halted. Crews did get some work done on Monday (when most of those aerial photos seem to have been taken), but we might see some delays. At this point, the extent of those delays will probably depend upon the length of this closure.

Wow.

Unfortunately, Kenny the Pirate posted a little while ago that all Disney World construction has been halted due to CoronaVirus, as per the Orlando Business Journal.
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...h4iOQs_0lYpuTEGrD_nRJSwUg3aQjLf-UT6GHeVV7Ff9Q
Well... That't not fun. I was hoping they would use this opportunity to really fix up all of WDW. Seems like a tremendous opportunity to do tons of work that otherwise could not be done. But, oh well, I get it.

Wow, wow, wow. I disagree with your premise - but let's ignore that for a moment. This is what I end up saying to people like you who are so fixated only on themselves and their health:

Part of why people are being asked to do this is so that they don't become sick and lose significant lung capacity - because if that happens to you, or your son - when the next major issue hits, you will be in that subgroup you feel doesn't deserve protection/should be isolated. Even if all that matters is you (sigh) - you still have a vested interest in not getting sick (because at best, getting sick sucks - at medium, losing 20-30-40% of your lung capacity can be debilitating - and at worst, you're dead and that's a lot more idleness than from now until July). Forget being a good person and helping others in your community: even from the most selfish standpoint you can muster (and - wow, this post mustered a lot of selfishness) - it's not good to get this virus.

Since this thread has gone way off track, closing.

There are lots of threads on the Community Board available for discussing the virus.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter