'Disney' holiday or 'Orlando' holiday?

Which one are you?

• 'Disney' holiday

• 'Orlando' holiday

• Other (just Universal etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think some people have kinda misunderstood what I mean by 'orlando' and 'disney'.

Those saying if it wasn't for WDW then they wouldn't go to Orlando at all, well I think that sums up most of us, if not all. Not least as I imagine it'd still be a small city and swamp land...

I was more getting at asking who goes **only** for Disney, and those who go for a combination of Disney, the other parks, the shopping and the dining ('Orlando' holiday) :)

:goodvibes

I think some people have kinda misunderstood what I mean by 'orlando' and 'disney'.

Those saying if it wasn't for WDW then they wouldn't go to Orlando at all, well I think that sums up most of us, if not all. Not least as I imagine it'd still be a small city and swamp land...

I was more getting at asking who goes **only** for Disney, and those who go for a combination of Disney, the other parks, the shopping and the dining ('Orlando' holiday) :)

I guess that I'm confused then because I thought that one of the choices was people only going to Univeral! :confused3

I think people mean (well I do) if the rest of Orlando was exactly the same as it is now, but WDW got up and moved to say Texas. Then they would be going to Texas, and not Orlando.

Sure, Universal is a nice day out, but that is not enough of a draw for me to travel to it. It's also not enough of a draw to sacrifice Disney time, nor is shopping or eating, I can do those at home/in New York or Boston, where I don't need to worry about missing out on Disney!

Sure, if Disney had never been built in Orlando none of the other attractions would be there, but people aren't talking about that, they mean if it were Orlando as it is now, sans Disney.

Either way, I go for Disney, not Orlando, and were it in any other place, I'd never visit Orlando, even if it had US/SW/outlet malls.

Well I guess I'm not very good at explaining what I mean :(

I KNOW Disney is the main draw for most people, me included - I also wouldn't go to Orlando if not for wdw.

But I just don't understand why the hypothetitcals? WDW IS there, so we go. BUT do you go solely for Disney, or do you love to do the other stuff too?

Like I say, even the minute I posted the poll and thread, I thought to myself that maybe I hadn't explained it very well :lmao:

Well, you can add me to the list of those who misunderstood - I was about to post about how Central Florida as we know it wouldn't exist without Disney, blah de blah...

However, to answer your question as you intended it, then definitely Orlando for us. There is undoubtedly something very special about Walt Disney World and, without question, that was the sole purpose of our first trip, but we've grown to love everything else the Greater Orlando area has to offer. I can't think of anywhere else on earth where so much great dining, shopping, leisure and entertainment is packed into such a relatively small area.

luke said:
But I just don't understand why the hypothetitcals?
Because this is a discussion forum and that's what we like to do. :teeth:

The hypotheticals are just my way of stating how much of a 'Disney' trip our 'Disney' trips are.

I don't have a clue what Orlando is like at all. Could be more fool me, but for the next couple of trips I'm not willing to take the time to find out either.

Disney holiday, I didn't go off site on my last trip and have no plans to go offsite in November.

I think Luke is asking if you're one of the following:

- someone who goes to Orlando JUST for WDW and doesn't go offsite at all
- someone who goes to Orlando for WDW and all the other stuff (Universal/Sea World/shopping)
- someone who goes to Orlando and doesn't spend any time at WDW

Please tell me if I'm wrong Luke! :)

- someone who goes to Orlando for WDW and all the other stuff (Universal/Sea World/shopping)

Thats how I understood it.

:)

Kirsten

Thanks Lauren, that's exactly what I meant but you've worded it much better than me :)

I also have no idea what Orlando is like, I've not been to actual Orlando for years. But it was just easier than saying 'Orlando/Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee/general Florida' holiday :lmao:

I voted Orlando holiday ~ although we spend most of our time at Disney, I can't imagine going all that way and not doing/seeing other things.

Orlando for us but like many here we stay on site at Disney as the feeling of being at Disney a great but we will also have a sort stay at Universal andgo to universal, Sw etc and do some shopping.

If you ask me from all our trips top 5 days that have stood out Disney would not be in them.
1, Seeing a shuttle launch (one of best experiences of my life)
2, Guided Adventure Tour, Busch Gardens (fave park)
3, Discovery Cove
4, Day out to Savannah/Tybee Island Georgia.
5, SeaWorld VIP Tour

We would love to visit Savannah - how long a drive was it from Orlando?

We would love to visit Savannah - how long a drive was it from Orlando?

Took just over 4 hours going, 5 hours back as we hit an accident.
We did it in the day, about 20 hours all in so very tiring, would advise to stay overnight. Well worth the trip though.

would advise to stay overnight
I can thoroughly recommend Mansion on Forsyth Park. We had a wonderful stay there just a week after it opened. It would be criminal to go all that way and not visit Charleston as well. We stayed at Planters Inn which was very different, but equally good. Charleston Place, on the opposite corner, is another fabulous hotel which boasts Prince Charles as a former guest.

Disney all the way for me. If WDW wasn't in Orlando I highly doubt i'd ever have visited Florida or plan to return. I've visited other Orlando/area attractions and don't feel i'm missing out by never going to them again. On the contrary, I think the people missing out are those who only ever plan to visit Florida and no other US states.

It's an 'Orlando' holiday for us.

I couldn't imagine going and not venturing out to see other things. I love to head down to I-Drive and have a wander around and play mini golf etc. And I love to go to the Mall and see what's different from the UK.

We head to Universal and SeaWorld also. Not for as many days as we hit Disney, but none the less, it's a much needed break sometimes, as if you hit those parks on the right days, it's much quieter than the Disney ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter