Disney Hinting at New Themed Day at Sea cruises?

Which cruise would you most likely book?

• DCL 25th Anniversary

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Disney Heroes vs. Villains

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Disney Through the Decades

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Disney Princess & Pirates

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • International Food & Wine

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Disney on Broadway

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Disney Animation

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Disney Music

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Pixar

Votes: 19 12.5%

• Total voters
I sailed on the first Pixar cruise on the Disney Wonder in 2012 and it was great! DCL only offered three of these Pixar Cruises but I wish they would do more. They where plenty of Pixar character photo opportunities, special Pixar themed presentations, sneak peeks into some upcoming movies (some where just storyboards), special tour in San Francisco (Lasseter Winery), free books to Gold & Platinum Castaway members and a private meeting/photo with one of the guys who developed Cars Land. I would really enjoy another one of these themed cruises.

Last year's Marvel cruise was terrific, so good that I booked another. Food and wine could be really good.

Just got it! Broadway all the way!!

I find it funny they had Star Wars and Marvel on there since they ALREADY have those.

I was on the DCL website yesterday when the survey popped up. The survey stated that the theme would be for the entire cruise not just one day of the cruise. My favorites are Pixar, Disney Animation, Broadway and DCL 25th Anniversary. I have yet to go on a Marvel or Star Wars themed cruise but they're on my list!

There are two versions of the survey that I've seen, one asks users about the theme for an entire cruise while another version inquires about the theme as a Day at Sea option.

Some of these would probably lure our family back to Disney for a cruise. When I read this on Scott's blog yesterday, I was actually pretty excited. I hope something comes from it. I even went to DCL's website for the first time in ages, playing around trying to get the survey to come up. Unfortunately the only survey that popped up was one about how well I thought the website worked. Oh well. :P

I voted for Food and Wine in the poll, but there are several that would interest us. I know we would definitely enjoy the animation one or the Disney through the Decades, but a lot of them look fun.

I've been on a few themed cruises and I didn't know there was something different going on.

Broadway because they are based on Disney movies, which are the only on board shows I go to anymore. Of course, I'd really prefer that they just have MORE Broadway shows because I've seen all of them already and doubt I'd go on a more expensive Broadway-themed cruise....if that makes sense. :-)

I don't particularly like themed cruises. Why make a whole cruise one theme? Any of those ideas would make a fine show to run in the theater. In fact, a couple of them already are.

Since DCL seems to want to limit the costs involved with individual entertainers in the Walt Disney Theater, why not just use the DCL entertainers to mount a show or two using those ideas?

I'm not crazy about the Food & Wine concept. They already do that at WDW, I don't think they need it on the ship.

I voted for Pixar, but the villains are a close second. I have taken my DM on a Star Wars Day at Sea, a Merrytime cruise, and in October we will try the Halloween on the High Seas. We do plan on eventually trying the Marvel Day at Sea too.:)

I voted Heroes and villains! I did this survey and I would love for this to be a sea day! (I wouldn’t want it as the whole theme and I wouldn’t pay extra for it) Some villains are rare even at Disney so an opportunity to see them would be great!

I would love to be a on a cruise and take pictures at meet and greets with the villains of various movies. So fun!

On one of my TA cruises we had a villain night where various Disney villains entertained the guest and took pictures in the main atrium. I enjoyed the event but it was difficult to get pictures since it was more of a quick show and mingle so everyone was crowing around. On a subsequent TA cruise they didn't have the villain event so I'm not sure if it's no longer offered. Nevertheless a villains cruise would be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter