Disney Hilton Head - non-DVC cash booking

challer

DIS Veteran
Around 8-10 years ago, I used to be able to book rooms in August at Hilton Head straight through the website or through hotel booking sites. (I think it was Orbitz back then.) After 2 trips, I couldn't find any rooms to book until last summer. I felt like I won the lottery.

Is there any secret tips anyone has to get rooms at DHH by booking direct?

(BTW, I'm well aware of renting points. However, my kids' schedules can be fluctuating and I need to have the ability to cancel.)

Thanks. DHH is my favorite Disney resort, believe it or not.

No real trick and it is extremely hard in summer. Because it is a timeshare, very limited rooms are released on cash and I would expect very few to be released during the high demand season at HHI.

There are many non-Disney resorts in the area, many offering better beach access and amenities.

Around 8-10 years ago, I used to be able to book rooms in August at Hilton Head straight through the website or through hotel booking sites. (I think it was Orbitz back then.) After 2 trips, I couldn't find any rooms to book until last summer. I felt like I won the lottery.

Is there any secret tips anyone has to get rooms at DHH by booking direct?

(BTW, I'm well aware of renting points. However, my kids' schedules can be fluctuating and I need to have the ability to cancel.)

If you book directly on the cash disney hilton head island website, there may be availability when 60 days from check in.

My secret would be to look beyond Disney. For example, Sea Pines Resort has hundreds of units for rent, and has all the amenities of Harbortown, tennis, golf, bicycle trails, restaurants and beach. You can rent from 1 to 4 bedrooms for reasonable prices.

I recently booked by calling member services and was able to add on an additional night for our March trip. Not sure how hard it is to get a room in August, but it was $150 cheaper booking through member services. With the remodel starting this summer I would think it will be difficult since rooms will be out of service.

I believe it! It's also DH's favorite resort. The main reason I convinced him to join DVC was that DVC had a resort at Hilton Head-to this day, I think he believes that only DVC members are allowed to go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter