Disney Gift Cards

I just heard on the radio about a gentleman who bought a $25 gift card on line ( no idea what store ) and when his credit card company posted the charge had a $7.50 fee for cash advance added. ( no idea what credit card)

Something to check before buys large amounts of gift cards .

Costco did not. No extra fees.

I used the digital card at various stores, and thru MDE by entering the number. I did not use it at a restaurant .. because I was like would they have to take my phone? So I just put that on my credit card. My next trip I’ll pick up a physical card so I can transfer the balance.

Anyone else not able to buy the US gift cards on Costco.com? Every time I put an order in they end up cancelling it, saying there is an error with my billing/shipping or credit card order. I even purchased a Costco gift card to buy it, but they still canceled the order. I've tried about 4 times now, and I'm rather frustrated. I have my correct billing address, and use a US shipping address, to no avail.:mad:

Anyone else not able to buy the US gift cards on Costco.com? Every time I put an order in they end up cancelling it, saying there is an error with my billing/shipping or credit card order. I even purchased a Costco gift card to buy it, but they still canceled the order. I've tried about 4 times now, and I'm rather frustrated. I have my correct billing address, and use a US shipping address, to no avail.:mad:
Yes, they canceled everytime. I tried US shipping, CDN billing. Or both US. Then it blocked me because I had bought more than the limit even if I had received none. I had an online chat with Costco.com. They said that the order had to be pushed because it is a Canadian membership. They never contacted us back as promised. Then I read in the US budget board that some people had bought them and they had zero dollars on them when registering them with Disney 😱 and that they were being bounced around Costco to no resolution. So, at this point, I am happily not saving 50$ to avoid the headache 🤕

Yes, they canceled everytime. I tried US shipping, CDN billing. Or both US. Then it blocked me because I had bought more than the limit even if I had received none. I had an online chat with Costco.com. They said that the order had to be pushed because it is a Canadian membership. They never contacted us back as promised. Then I read in the US budget board that some people had bought them and they had zero dollars on them when registering them with Disney 😱 and that they were being bounced around Costco to no resolution. So, at this point, I am happily not saving 50$ to avoid the headache 🤕
So weird worked for us and I used them to pay my DVC dues I wonder why for some and not for others

I've now purchased 8 cards through this deal without issue. No idea why it worked on my end.
Perhaps try to purchase in Incognito mode so that all the cookies etc. are cleared.

Yeah, this happened both times I tried so I gave up.

Really odd how much variability in success rate there is. It allowed me to purchase 2 last week, then wouldn't allow any more, indicating I had exceeded the limit per membership. I was able to buy 2 more a few days later. Today, it allowed me to purchase 14 more (yes, 14).

I have only tried purchasing two and had no issue. I have purchased gift cards before from the US website. I use my brothers US address for shipping, and my Canadian address for billing.

I’m not going crazy with purchasing as there is always hope there Canadian $ will go up and my next trip is not until the end of Feb. (so I have not tried again)

I purchased another two last night, after having purchased 8 total mid-last week. All went through and codes have been uploaded to the disneygiftcard website withoutissue. If you really want this deal (which seems decent), keep trying. That me and others have been able to purchase well beyond the stated max shows there is no automated way to prevent repeat purchases. Use different browsers, clear the cookies/caches etc.

Agreed! Stay persistent. It seems very inconsistent with the error issues. I purchased twice last week with no issues. Once others reported being able to order additional, I tried again with variable success despite using the same billing/shipping info and credit card as the first order. Every second order seems to be successful for some reason with the cancellation reason on the other orders being billing/shipping/CC issue. I am up to 8 cards now. 10% is a significant savings. Stacked on top of our DVC discount, it just makes sense for us.

Agreed! Stay persistent. It seems very inconsistent with the error issues. I purchased twice last week with no issues. Once others reported being able to order additional, I tried again with variable success despite using the same billing/shipping info and credit card as the first order. Every second order seems to be successful for some reason with the cancellation reason on the other orders being billing/shipping/CC issue. I am up to 8 cards now. 10% is a significant savings. Stacked on top of our DVC discount, it just makes sense for us.
DVC discount on what? The cards?

DVC discount on what? The cards?
No, sorry. I meant on dining and merch! It stacks the discount if we are able to use our DVC discount at table-service or merchandise stores and then pay with a discounted gift card. Every little bit helps!

I purchased another two last night, after having purchased 8 total mid-last week. All went through and codes have been uploaded to the disneygiftcard website withoutissue. If you really want this deal (which seems decent), keep trying. That me and others have been able to purchase well beyond the stated max shows there is no automated way to prevent repeat purchases. Use different browsers, clear the cookies/caches etc.
What do you mean uploaded? I bought 2 and checked their balances online but I didn't upload them anywhere? We are hoping to use them for food on our upcoming trip.

Thought I would give that costco.com giftcard purchase another try. Order confirmed exactly 10 minutes ago and not cancelled so far. fingers crossed.
The other time I tried this back in December it got cancelled after 3 minutes

ah well, no go for me
tried and got cancelled twice
used shipping address of our Disney resort and billing address of home

Can you use the e-gift cards purchased from Costco to pay for your Disney vacation? Is it possible to enter the gift card codes when you make a payment or would the balance of the e-cards have to be loaded onto a physical card and then you can make a payment?

At the Disney Gift Card website if I add $$$ to a Canadian gift card (purchased here in Canada at dollarama) is that purchase in Canadian Dollars? Like if add $500 to a card I am being charged $500 Canadian on my credit card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter