Disney Gift Cards - where are all the designs?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
I purchased Disney gift cards online in 2018 and had a choice of probably over 20 designs with many different characters. I wanted to purchase some for the grandkids for Christmas and went to the website I had previously used - disneygiftcard.com - and there is a total of 3 designs. Makes it impossible to get each child their favorite, let alone get a different design for each one.

Am I at the wrong site or have they discontinued offering a variety? It was a nice service as it came with a free personalized card for the recipient unlike those you can get at Target, etc.

A few weeks ago they took away all the designs except the classic Mickey (with the red background) and the Princess card. They just put out the Halloween one last week.

Was hoping they would restock the others but no such luck yet.
Target usually has a different design on the $100 card - I have several that have the fab 5 riding a rollercoaster, and I think there is a Mickey and Minnie card as well.

Oh that's too bad. They had some really cute ones and covered all the kids favorites.

Oh that's too bad. They had some really cute ones and covered all the kids favorites.
I know. I have a few but was planning on getting more designs. Took it for granted that they would be available an a lot of times just got the e-cards.

Oh no!!! Every Christmas I order several of these for my kids, niece, and nephews, all in their favorite character or Park design! I hope this is a temporary thing.

It's a shame if these are gone that they don't think it through - people enjoy going on to purchase certain ones with specific designs for special occasions, like Christmas, and to differentiate for children with favorite characters or themes - got my DS the Mickey soccer player for example or SW themed for DD. Same for Disney Dollars that we used and friends gave as gifts to our kids when trip was coming up soon. I always debated just getting a Visa type from our bank(no fee) in case there was money left over on it after the trip, or friends would now give cash instead. Disappointment for customers and missed opportunity for them IMHO!

There is one for Halloween (before the change there were 3 Halloween cards) so I bet they will have cards for Christmas.

Several years ago, they offered custom cards. You could upload a picture and they'd put it on the gift card. My friend and I each made a personalized gift card for the other with our pictures on them. It was fun though you did have to pay extra for the card.

I just saw the 3 designs online.

But are there more designs available in parks now?

I was in Disney World in June and was able to get lots of different designs. They were so pretty and so fun to collect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter