Disney Gift Card Use?

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
Probably a silly question. My son is going on a band trip in a couple of weeks. Instead of sending him with cash for snacks and souvenirs, would a Disney gift card be able to be used anywhere in the parks and Pop Century? Including drink carts? Thanks!

Probably a silly question. My son is going on a band trip in a couple of weeks. Instead of sending him with cash for snacks and souvenirs, would a Disney gift card be able to be used anywhere in the parks and Pop Century? Including drink carts? Thanks!

Also, if you feel your son is responsible enough to have a credit card on file for his room, he would then be able to just pay with his magic band (includes drink carts) at all locations and simply charge anything to the room. He would then go to the front desk to pay the room balance with a gift card. Depending on how long the stay is and how much he charges, he would at least need to pay the balance at the front desk the evening before he checks out, otherwise all will be charged to the credit card on file.

We use gift cards all the time, works great traveling with DS and his friend. As Alesia said, there are a few of the small ice cream or drink carts that don't take them, but my guys have never complained - I think they just go to another location usually only a few steps away if that comes up.

One word to the wise: send him with a backup card or two and register them all online before the trip. If he drops or misplaces one, it is easy to log on and move the balance of the lost card over to another registered card. 30 seconds and all is well again rather than being out that money since it is like dropping cash.

Gift Cards are generally the fastest and easiest way to pay in the parks. They can be used pretty much anywhere except for some of the mobile vendors (balloons, the carts selling glow toys at night), but I think some of them even take them now. It's not a bad idea to have a backup form of payment just in case there's an issue though.

Also, if you feel your son is responsible enough to have a credit card on file for his room, he would then be able to just pay with his magic band (includes drink carts) at all locations and simply charge anything to the room. He would then go to the front desk to pay the room balance with a gift card. Depending on how long the stay is and how much he charges, he would at least need to pay the balance at the front desk the evening before he checks out, otherwise all will be charged to the credit card on file.

With this being a band trip, it is highly unlikely that the organizers will allow charging to any of the rooms. It is normally not even an option for groups of this type.

Giftcards, as mentioned, work virtually everywhere and are an excellent solution. Definitely use the giftcard site and register a couple of cards. It's a great backup if a card is lost.

Steve

My daughter just had a choir/band trip and they had a food card as well. I gave her some gift cards to cover extra expenses and she only needed them for souvenirs. She had plenty of money for snacks and food.

Gift Cards are generally the fastest and easiest way to pay in the parks. They can be used pretty much anywhere except for some of the mobile vendors (balloons, the carts selling glow toys at night), but I think some of them even take them now. It's not a bad idea to have a backup form of payment just in case there's an issue though.
as of last November, the glow cart took CC and GC but the balloon only took cash. I do agree that he can have some extra cash but I think anything ( food drink wise a GC would be ok)

My daughter just had a choir/band trip and they had a food card as well. I gave her some gift cards to cover extra expenses and she only needed them for souvenirs. She had plenty of money for snacks and food.

Thanks. Yes, he’ll have meal coupons, so it’s really just snacks and souvenirs. I’ll be there too if he really needs something, but hanging out with Mom has become officially uncool.

Thanks. Yes, he’ll have meal coupons, so it’s really just snacks and souvenirs. I’ll be there too if he really needs something, but hanging out with Mom has become officially uncool.
Of course! At least you’re there when he runs out of money ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter