Disney Gift Card in App

wowzadisney

Earning My Ears
i have combined my gift cards to one # and am planning to use it in the app for food/merchandise etc.

in the app i dont see an option to add the gift card as a payment method.

does anyone know how to pay for items via the app using gift cards?

thanks

i have combined my gift cards to one # and am planning to use it in the app for food/merchandise etc.

in the app i dont see an option to add the gift card as a payment method.

does anyone know how to pay for items via the app using gift cards?

thanks
You can't store a gift card in MDE, but you can manually enter the numbers off the gift card at the time of purchase. Many people will store the gift card numbers in a notes app so they can copy and paste them.

Above is correct, I do it all the time! Wanted to add that because the system defaults to saved cards, you might not get to change payment until the final page. Just take a pause before the confirmation page to make sure it's all correct. It can slow purchasing processes down a little bit (adds like an extra 15secs), which is fine for most purchases, but it might be easier to get ILLs (if you plan to get those) with the card that's saved on file

If you have lots of money stored under 1 giftcard number, be very careful with that number!

It is a little hard to find the 'pay with a giftcard' option when buying G+. It is there, but itis a bit of a pain.

It can slow purchasing processes down a little bit (adds like an extra 15secs), which is fine for most purchases, but it might be easier to get ILLs (if you plan to get those) with the card that's saved on file
Yes, trying to do it at 7am, before the coffee had kicked in, added a little more than 15 seconds. At least on the first morning.

But then, on my most recent visit, I had e-gift cards, and was trying to do everything on one device.

With the plastic giftcards, I kept a running balance with a sharpie or else wrapped the most recent receipt around the card.

I think going forward I will go back to using a combination of plastic cards and e-gift cards. Sometimes it is easier to whip out a plastic card, but they are also easier to misplace.

Yes, trying to do it at 7am, before the coffee had kicked in, added a little more than 15 seconds. At least on the first morning.

But then, on my most recent visit, I had e-gift cards, and was trying to do everything on one device.

With the plastic giftcards, I kept a running balance with a sharpie or else wrapped the most recent receipt around the card.

I think going forward I will go back to using a combination of plastic cards and e-gift cards. Sometimes it is easier to whip out a plastic card, but they are also easier to misplace.
Don't forget that you can pass $ between cards with the Disney gift card site! I like to always have my physical cards listed there so if I ever lose them, I can transfer off it

Thanks everyone
Quick followup.... So I have 2 plastic gift cards, I go to the Disney gift card site she combine them into one gift card. The site gives me the new combined gift card number. I use that one to input until the app for purchases. Does the app provide me an update on what the remaining balance is? Or do I need to manually calculate every time I use it? Also when I'm low on funds on the card does it use the remaining balance left then then auto switches to the credit card on file? I just want to ensure I can use up all the money on it card and not just leave a few bucks that can't be used.

Thanks

Personally, when I've combined gc, I transfer from one to another, so idk what the new number you got is. The app will tell you how much you have left and will default to the credit card on file if the gc doesn't cover the whole cost

Thanks everyone
Quick followup.... So I have 2 plastic gift cards, I go to the Disney gift card site she combine them into one gift card. The site gives me the new combined gift card number. I use that one to input until the app for purchases. Does the app provide me an update on what the remaining balance is? Or do I need to manually calculate every time I use it? Also when I'm low on funds on the card does it use the remaining balance left then then auto switches to the credit card on file? I just want to ensure I can use up all the money on it card and not just leave a few bucks that can't be used.

Thanks
You don't get a new number; you transfer the balance on one card to the other.
The website will show you your balance. Your receipt should show your balance, too.

Are you staying on site? Are you able to just charge to your room and then pay off with a gift card at the end of your stay?

Are you staying on site? Are you able to just charge to your room and then pay off with a gift card at the end of your stay?
You can't do that with Mobile ordering, unfortunately. It is charged to the card on file, not to your room. If you order at the register at a QSR, then you can use your Magic Band to room charge and pay the night prior to check out.

Don't forget that you can pass $ between cards with the Disney gift card site! I like to always have my physical cards listed there so if I ever lose them, I can transfer off it

You might want to be careful about keeping your cards stored on that site. There have been several reports of money or cards missing after being left there. Some people have gotten their funds back after a lot of work, but some have just lost their money. Most people just combine their cards & then delete them. You could keep the numbers stored somewhere or take a photo of the numbers. That way you can re-enter the number if you lose the physical card.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/stolen-funds.3876035/

Thanks, I just assumed combining cards gives you a new number. I'm planning to combine the cards soon. Thanks everyone for the Help. We are staying offsite and will be using the cards for kids merchandise and food

Remember that if you combine, you must combine the entire amounts on the gift cards. You cannot choose a different amount

Thanks, I just assumed combining cards gives you a new number. I'm planning to combine the cards soon. Thanks everyone for the Help. We are staying offsite and will be using the cards for kids merchandise and food
You can combine them onto a separate GC - but the site won't make one for you, you'd have to buy it elsewhere. Most people simply transfer funds from one GC to another so that all funds are on one card. Then delete both cards from the website, to avoid being hacked and losing everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter