Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished my BJ's orders - had Chase offers on 6 cards. I really, really, really, hope that Rakuten tracks for these gift card orders. For me, 10% MR back is almost as good as the Chase offer for $25 back on $150 spend, and the two together with the 6% BJ's discount would be phenomenal, ~35% off.

It states on the Rakuten website for BJs that gift cards are excluded

Not Disney GC but I know Universal GC comes up a lot here. I saw that Groupon is selling Universal Orlando park tickets. They are discounted, I didn't check how they compare to other discount ticket sites. I also didn't check if a promo code would work with them, could be added savings. But I know I can get Groupon GC at a healthy discount.
Thought it might help someone.

@TommyJK created a new thread for Universal tickets, I would compare prices: LINK

I have that feeling too but thinking about it, I believe that was from in store cash back offers that got people shutdown. So online orders are probably about as risky as RMN and others.

This ^ and if purchasing only gift cards that might not be enough to get cash back that's why I put the ad regarding the Diamond Earrings or something small to mix into the order.

To all,
Ebates is more strict with their policy but I did have luck with a dress & DGC purchase at shopdisney on 5/11/19 but I've not tried it since. I get a better deal at Kroger.
RMN seems more YMMV lately, we've seem more posts of DISer's adding small items to their DGC purchases not go through.
Topcash I don't know if they are an option at BJ's.

:offtopic: RE: Nintendo Switch

New Model / Old Model - You can tell by the box.
New Model: HAC-001(-01) and Product Serial Number begins with XKW.

@Haley R I'm seeing upcoming deals on Switch but there is a warning with the package deals that many are the old consoles. I forget which one you're looking for.
Keep an eye on: Slickdeals
I won't be here for Black Friday nor Cyber Monday so I think I'll just get one now at Best Buy. I have enough in gift cards via Swagbucks deal so my savings are already substantial. I believe Cashback is not an option when paying with GC's?

Last edited:
Well,I'm disney'd out for the moment, but I do want to go back at some point,I had the offer on one card so I went for it (I waffled a bit between a grocery order and this lol) I like the idea of cashing out some UR's to cover it so it's good to add a few buck to my stash for a future trip (at which point this gc will seem like a handful of gold lol)
We’re saving our URs for a trip in 2021. I reminded Dh it was 21% and he got excited lol. He’s easy to please

I have checkmarks next to all 6 of my ebates/Rakuten BJ's gift card purchases today, no filler. Now the wait to see if the cashback pays out.

EDIT: When I hover over the checkmarks, it says $0. I think these are not going to credit.

Last edited:
I finally spoke with someone from BJ’s again and was told they are NOT currently offering any discount above that listed on the website for orders over $5,000. Not sure why they offered it to others earlier but I was told no. But I guess on the plus side our plans changed and we no longer needed that much. I still would have bought to use next year but I won’t spend that much now. Oh well!

:offtopic: RE: Nintendo Switch

New Model / Old Model - You can tell by the box.
View attachment 454206
New Model: HAC-001(-01) and Product Serial Number begins with XKW.

@Haley R I'm seeing upcoming deals on Switch but there is a warning with the package deals that many are the old consoles. I forget which one you're looking for.
Keep an eye on: Slickdeals
I won't be here for Black Friday nor Cyber Monday so I think I'll just get one now at Best Buy. I have enough in gift cards via Swagbucks deal so my savings are already substantial. I believe Cashback is not an option when paying with GC's.
We decided against getting one. We need to save the money for baby stuff. We’re gonna buy the new call of duty instead for $38 at Walmart

Yes they are on sale in the store.

My husband just purchased $400 worth. They ring up at the regular price, then take an additional mount off. His receipt said $95.99 for each 100 card, then a $2.00 discount was taken off each one. They don't ring up at the lower rate, it works like an instant coupon.

Sigh. I had a manager price check while I was in the store since there was no signage. He told me they were at regular price and I had to buy online to get the discount. So guess what I did? I proceeded to buy BJ's gift cards and then bought my Dis gc online (after I did a test to make sure it would work). And one of the BJ's gift cards wasn't activated and I had to go back in store. And the wifi was bad and it took me forever. And it started to rain. Frustrating morning! :badpc::badpc:

Fyi for anyone going in store at BJ’s. . . Gift cards NOT discounted.
Sigh. I had a manager price check while I was in the store since there was no signage. He told me they were at regular price and I had to buy online to get the discount. So guess what I did? I proceeded to buy BJ's gift cards and then bought my Dis gc online (after I did a test to make sure it would work). And one of the BJ's gift cards wasn't activated and I had to go back in store. And the wifi was bad and it took me forever. And it started to rain. Frustrating morning! :badpc::badpc:
That's a bummer. I went in store today because I wanted some Uber cards too and ended up buying Uber, Itunes and Disney.
The sale prices were not listed, so I asked and they had to ring it in to check. The sale prices came up as @Bonnie1222 said.
Stinks it didn't work for you.

Super disappointed in my BJs, they no longer sell the ones with the amounts on them only the "load any amount ones" so the deal does not work on them. I hope I can get a second to order online before they are all sold out. :(

Thank you all so much for the posts about BJ's. I was able to take advantage today using what I think is a one day pass. Is there anything I need to do so that a membership will not be charged? I didn't see anywhere that I signed up for any sort of membership but I want to double check that I didn't miss something.

I have checkmarks next to all 6 of my ebates/Rakuten BJ's gift card purchases today, no filler. Now the wait to see if the cashback pays out.

EDIT: When I hover over the checkmarks, it says $0. I think these are not going to credit.

Getting the same thing. Oh well, nothing lost for trying.

I got the 3 pack dgc from bjs this morning and added the diamond earrings to get it over $150. This was before I checked the boards this morning. I’m hoping this doesn’t keep me from getting my Chase offer to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter