Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the fine print of what doesn't count, it has both gift cards and prepaid cards listed, so I'm assuming it wouldn't work for a Disney card. Has anyone had luck?
Most discounts and stuff says it excludes gift cards. They all mostly work for gift cards. I used the 5% extra target sent last week Ordered a e disney gift card and got 10 % off. 5 % red card +5 % discount code.

Question: I bought Disney gift cards. A lot- enough to pay for my entire trip haha. But what do I do with the physical gift cards after I’ve transferred the balance? Do you guys just throw it out? Or recycle (are they even recyclable?)

Question: I bought Disney gift cards. A lot- enough to pay for my entire trip haha. But what do I do with the physical gift cards after I’ve transferred the balance? Do you guys just throw it out? Or recycle (are they even recyclable?)

Keep the cards! DH has a stack of them, he keeps them in a desk drawer, and there are several reasons why you should keep them.

1. If you money needs to be refunded, it goes back to the card it came from (we use a marker to designate which cards were used for the cruise balance)
2. They work great instead of using your key card to turn the lights on in the room (Fantasy and Dream)
3. You can load money back on to them to use as gifts or to give smaller balances to your kids so they can do their own shopping.

Once you are done with the trip, and know you have no refunds coming you can toss them I guess or if it were me shred them. And I know me (and DH) we would go through and check every single card again to make sure there was no balance left lingering for some reason before we dispose of them. 😉

Keep the cards! DH has a stack of them, he keeps them in a desk drawer, and there are several reasons why you should keep them.

1. If you money needs to be refunded, it goes back to the card it came from (we use a marker to designate which cards were used for the cruise balance)
2. They work great instead of using your key card to turn the lights on in the room (Fantasy and Dream)
3. You can load money back on to them to use as gifts or to give smaller balances to your kids so they can do their own shopping.

Once you are done with the trip, and know you have no refunds coming you can toss them I guess or if it were me shred them. And I know me (and DH) we would go through and check every single card again to make sure there was no balance left lingering for some reason before we dispose of them. 😉
Lol, I have 177 gift cards so far that I've used to pay for our upcoming trip. I will not be double checking all of those:rotfl2:
I only have so many bc the best deal at sams is the $75 packs which are 3 25 cards.

We keep ours until the trip is over and then we shred them after checking there is no balance. I think we always keep at least one around.

I combine all of the small ones up to the $1000 limit on the website. I keep the big ones and number them with a permanent marker so I can keep track of their balances and what purchases I’ve made. As soon as I’ve combined the cards, I toss the empty ones. If you need a refund that is more than the $1000 limit (because you’ve reloaded the card and used it multiple times maybe) then they will just issue you a new card. Takes a bit longer to get back but you won’t be out the money.

TL/DR: Keep the ones you actually purchased something with, toss the rest if you already transferred the balance off of them.

Lol, I have 177 gift cards so far that I've used to pay for our upcoming trip. I will not be double checking all of those:rotfl2:
I only have so many bc the best deal at sams is the $75 packs which are 3 25 cards.
Is there is deifference between In store or online? Online, the $50 cards are better at 4.04%, the $75 pack is 4.03% - and less cards to enter :)

I combine all of the small ones up to the $1000 limit on the website. I keep the big ones and number them with a permanent marker so I can keep track of their balances and what purchases I’ve made. As soon as I’ve combined the cards, I toss the empty ones. If you need a refund that is more than the $1000 limit (because you’ve reloaded the card and used it multiple times maybe) then they will just issue you a new card. Takes a bit longer to get back but you won’t be out the money.

TL/DR: Keep the ones you actually purchased something with, toss the rest if you already transferred the balance off of them.
This is what I tend to do too. I also tend to keep a few of the oldest empty ones around. If I use one for something I might refund like a room or deposit, I try not to keep reloading it - often I'll use some for room costs/cruise payments, etc, then I have a cute design one that I will load and that is what I spend on in the parks so I don't worry about using/reloading it all the time.

Is there is deifference between In store or online? Online, the $50 cards are better at 4.04%, the $75 pack is 4.03% - and less cards to enter :)
I guess maybe I was incorrect, but you can only buy 2 50 at a time online, and our store doesn't carry the discounted ones online. So I always buy 2 $50 ones, and 3 $75 at a time.

Wanted to share my experience, and express thanks to the helpful people on this thread! Got my 2x $100 HappyGuy gift cards in that I ordered online with the 2x $15 off $100 Amex offer for happycards. Just went and used them at Home Depot with no issues whatsoever for 4x $50 Disney cards. Total savings = 15%, or $30 ($170 for $200)!!! Woohoo!

I hit up ACME (Alberson family grocery store) for 10% off Happy Cards and $10 off $100 Mastercard deals on their app. Both were one time use (Mastercard stated it but Happy did not).

I hit up ACME (Alberson family grocery store) for 10% off Happy Cards and $10 off $100 Mastercard deals on their app. Both were one time use (Mastercard stated it but Happy did not).
If you look at the coupon info it shows the offer type for both as "one time" vs "unlimited". They don't always list it in the description but when you view the full offer it's there (tap the little 'i' in the corner)

Curious if they have a way to actually enforce the "1 per household" listed in the MC description. (They said household vs account) I have my doubts but it was interesting wording.

I have about 5 gift cards with different designs i got at shopdisney before they got rid of the different ones. I usually just transfer all gift card balances i get to one of the main ones. I always pay with one of the main gift cards. I do not pay with all the others i get. That way if there is a refund or something it will go back to one of my main cards and not one of the many i have purchased.

I received the extra 5% coupon from Target. I needed $8000 of gift cards total for 2 families. Was going to do it in 2 transactions. A few days ago I completed the first transaction for $4000 worth of gift cards.
$4000 - 5% coupon=$3800.
$3800-5% Red Card discount = Total cost $3610

I got another coupon with a different code today, and wanted to do the second transaction for $4000 of gift cards. The new code didn't work for gift cards. I tested the coupon on a TV and it worked. So do we think that they changed the terms in the last few days? I understand that it states "No Gift Cards" and also understand that Disney gift cards code as Entertainment Cards. My issue is it worked the other day, and not today.

Thoughts?
Coupons have never worked on gift card purchases before so congrats but I agree with others it's a fluke of Target programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter