Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have done Bing Rewards, they seem to be adding more redemption options lately. For a very long time the only useful reward was $5 Amazon GC, but now they also have $25 WalMart, which I use to buy Disney GC at Sam's Club. $25 is much easier to work with than five $5 cards, so I'm happy with this. They also have $5 Starbucks, Burger King, AMC, Dunkin, etc...

I know a couple of years ago new people who joined Bing/Microsoft rewards couldn't get gift cards, but you might want to check it out if you already have an account. Or if you want to join and see what rewards they are offering new members now.

So as a new Target RED Debit card holder as of May, my daily purchase limit for Disney GC's seems to be $200 per day.

First purchase through RMN>Target was for a $50. It did not track and is not pending.
2nd purchase through RMN>Targer was for $200 ($190). I have $10 pending in RMN.
3rd purchase through RMN>Target was for $200 ($190). I have $10 pending in RMN.

I have not been able to buy any more GC's for the past 2 days now. Guess I'm blocked or something. Going to call again and see whats going on. This is legit the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.

Ebates (now Rakuten or something equally forgettable) doesn't usually track with GCs only, as far as I remember. It's Retail Me Not that's clueless about it.

My in store purchase at Staples on Friday was only a gift card and it tracked with ebates (Rakuten).

As a side note, Rakuten (pronounced RACK-uh-ten) is a Japanese company and Rakuten in Japanese means optimism.

As a side note, Rakuten (pronounced RACK-uh-ten) is a Japanese company and Rakuten in Japanese means optimism.

That's cool and I love neat little words like that. It would be a cool name for a band or maybe a store that sells something unique, but when trying to think of a website that gives you cash back, it doesn't exactly roll off the fingertips. It seems strange that they would go with a name that, from a consumer perspective, it's really clear what they are offering.

My in store purchase at Staples on Friday was only a gift card and it tracked with ebates (Rakuten).

My in store Staples purchase on Friday did not track with Ebates. This was my first time using the app. I did add my cards and linked the offer beforehand. I made another in store Staples purchase yesterday with a different linked cc. That didn't work either. The Staples offer is still showing as linked in the app. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get it to work? At least I got Dosh on both purchases.

I'm looking at my prior Target/RMN purchases. If I bought something in the morning, I'd get an email late in the day about the purchase transaction from RMN. It didn't happen yesterday. My best guess is I didn't log all the way into my RMN account. My account says I activated an offer yesterday, so theoretically it should work (assuming Target isn't behind in updating transactions). I did already get my e-gift card.

Still, using my RedCard, The $50 card was $47.50.

This transaction from yesterday went through on RMN. It's in pending status right now.

So as a new Target RED Debit card holder as of May, my daily purchase limit for Disney GC's seems to be $200 per day.

First purchase through RMN>Target was for a $50. It did not track and is not pending.
2nd purchase through RMN>Targer was for $200 ($190). I have $10 pending in RMN.
3rd purchase through RMN>Target was for $200 ($190). I have $10 pending in RMN.

I have not been able to buy any more GC's for the past 2 days now. Guess I'm blocked or something. Going to call again and see whats going on. This is legit the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.

I have been a red card debit card holder since 2012, so I think my limit is higher than most. I often drop $500 shopping at target. I was buying Disney GC at Target over the weekend online. I bought $1K a day ($950 to target) of GC. They blocked my card at the $3,000 mark. I started last Thursday and they blocked me on Sunday. I called in Sunday, told them exactly what I was doing (paying off my disney cruise) and they said I should try using it again on Tuesday. I tried using it this morning online. The transaction went through, but within 15 minutes instead of receiving my GC link, I received an email stating they canceled my order.

I called back in, and asked why they canceled my order. The man said I had to wait 24-48 hours after the other transactions cleared. I told him I did, the first one should have rolled off by now, it was 5 days ago. Then he told me since I tried to make a purchase again today, I had to wait another 24-48 hours. That makes no sense in my mind because the purchase didn't go through... when I pointed that out he did the, " yea? well I answered your question so bye!" kind of pivot. lol

We will see how long it takes for my card to go active again. I gave the remaining money to my mom and she bought the cards for me with her red card. They sell the $5-500 cards at our local store (my mom happens to work there) and this cashier was like, "I am sorry, we can not make GC transactions larger than $300." (again, they sell the $5-500 gift cards there). So she went to another line and the person gave her the two gift cards, go figure!

That's cool and I love neat little words like that. It would be a cool name for a band or maybe a store that sells something unique, but when trying to think of a website that gives you cash back, it doesn't exactly roll off the fingertips. It seems strange that they would go with a name that, from a consumer perspective, it's really clear what they are offering.

I have always thought that too. Not exactly a name that makes me remember it as a rewards site (or remember it at all for that matter). Very strange choice.

I have been a red card debit card holder since 2012, so I think my limit is higher than most. I often drop $500 shopping at target. I was buying Disney GC at Target over the weekend online. I bought $1K a day ($950 to target) of GC. They blocked my card at the $3,000 mark. I started last Thursday and they blocked me on Sunday. I called in Sunday, told them exactly what I was doing (paying off my disney cruise) and they said I should try using it again on Tuesday. I tried using it this morning online. The transaction went through, but within 15 minutes instead of receiving my GC link, I received an email stating they canceled my order.

I called back in, and asked why they canceled my order. The man said I had to wait 24-48 hours after the other transactions cleared. I told him I did, the first one should have rolled off by now, it was 5 days ago. Then he told me since I tried to make a purchase again today, I had to wait another 24-48 hours. That makes no sense in my mind because the purchase didn't go through... when I pointed that out he did the, " yea? well I answered your question so bye!" kind of pivot. lol

We will see how long it takes for my card to go active again. I gave the remaining money to my mom and she bought the cards for me with her red card. They sell the $5-500 cards at our local store (my mom happens to work there) and this cashier was like, "I am sorry, we can not make GC transactions larger than $300." (again, they sell the $5-500 gift cards there). So she went to another line and the person gave her the two gift cards, go figure!

After calling yesterday I got the same spiel as you - I had to wait until previous transactions cleared (they had cleared my bank days ago). I'll probably only get to buy $800-$1000 total before the RMN>Target 10% special ends but I have until Sept. 6th to pay my trip off so maybe more deals will pop up before then. If not, I'll just use the 5% on the Red Card. I had other reasons for never shopping at target and after learning of their ridiculous policies I now have more. I'll only ever use them for DGC's unless I can find greater savings somewhere else.

It's a real crock they did a long time customer like you that way though.

Kroger bonus Fuel Points on Disney gift cards:

Get 300 BONUS FUEL POINTS on DISNEY GIFT

when you buy a participating DISNEY GIFT gift card totaling $50 or more. *Restrictions apply, see Store for details.
Offer not valid on online purchases. Selling or purchasing fuel points is prohibited. Fuel redemption offer cannot be combined with any other discounts. No discounts to dealers, wholesalers or fleet programs. No cash back. Not valid where prohibited by law. We may suspend or remove you from the fuel program due to violation of these terms or because of fraudulent activity or suspected fraudulent activity. Product and offer may not be available in all states.
Limit of one coupon per household. Digital Coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
Exp 07/30/2019

Kroger bonus Fuel Points on Disney gift cards:

Get 300 BONUS FUEL POINTS on DISNEY GIFT
when you buy a participating DISNEY GIFT gift card totaling $50 or more. *Restrictions apply, see Store for details.
Offer not valid on online purchases. Selling or purchasing fuel points is prohibited. Fuel redemption offer cannot be combined with any other discounts. No discounts to dealers, wholesalers or fleet programs. No cash back. Not valid where prohibited by law. We may suspend or remove you from the fuel program due to violation of these terms or because of fraudulent activity or suspected fraudulent activity. Product and offer may not be available in all states.
Limit of one coupon per household. Digital Coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
Exp 07/30/2019

I am trying to find this on the site and app but can’t 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter