Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a limit to the number of GC allowed for purchase in the current deal at BJ's?

I'm not sure, I didn't see anything that said there was but I didn't look either. Like I said I ordered 20 $50. cards with no problem. I just couldn't be bothered doing the $25 ones even for a little more savings.

Chase offer Lowe’s 10% off (up to $12 back) was on my CFU, CSP, CSR! I’m thinking this offer could be more widespread than some of their others because it’s the only offer I’ve ever seen on my CSP...

We have the Lowe's offer on all of our personal Chase cards (except DH's Disney). Nice thing is that Lowe's allows you to split tender at the register. So you can purchase 1 large dollar value card (I will do several Visas) and charge $120 to each Chase card.

We have the Lowe's offer on all of our personal Chase cards (except DH's Disney). Nice thing is that Lowe's allows you to split tender at the register. So you can purchase 1 large dollar value card (I will do several Visas) and charge $120 to each Chase card.

Do you know how many splits you can do? I've only done 2 at Lowe's but between the 2 of us we've got it on 3 or 4 cards, plus I still have 10% offer left on my AmEx, and been wondering how far we could go with one purchase.
(Unfortunately we're not looking at anything as fun as GC's, so it'd have to be a single purchase.)

Do you know how many splits you can do? I've only done 2 at Lowe's but between the 2 of us we've got it on 3 or 4 cards, plus I still have 10% offer left on my AmEx, and been wondering how far we could go with one purchase.
(Unfortunately we're not looking at anything as fun as GC's, so it'd have to be a single purchase.)

I've done 4 or 5 before but it has been a while. I seem to recall a post by Frequent Miler where he did like 15 or something outrageous.

However, if you're buying merchandise, you could always just buy yourself $120 Lowe's gift cards in separate transactions. Then use the Lowe's gift cards together to get whatever you need.

Even better, you might want to use the gift cards to make the purchase online if you can. I've had good luck in getting rebate portals (topcashback mostly) to payout when paying with Lowe's gift cards. But note there is a limit of 5 when using gift cards online to pay.

And finally, I ALWAYS purchase a coupon on Quik Coupons to use at Lowe's. You can typically find one for 10% off for bigger purchases or $20 off $100 for smaller purchases (but note the expiration date on these).

I've done 4 or 5 before but it has been a while. I seem to recall a post by Frequent Miler where he did like 15 or something outrageous.

However, if you're buying merchandise, you could always just buy yourself $120 Lowe's gift cards in separate transactions. Then use the Lowe's gift cards together to get whatever you need.

Even better, you might want to use the gift cards to make the purchase online if you can. I've had good luck in getting rebate portals (topcashback mostly) to payout when paying with Lowe's gift cards. But note there is a limit of 5 when using gift cards online to pay.

And finally, I ALWAYS purchase a coupon on Quik Coupons to use at Lowe's. You can typically find one for 10% off for bigger purchases or $20 off $100 for smaller purchases (but note the expiration date on these).

15?! Wow, that is outrageous. I think I heard BB would let you do up to 10.

Been thinking about the GC route but it's an appliance so I'm looking up purchase and warranty protections from the CC. It'd be a pain to file separate claims but could be worth it. Haven't finished that research yet but I'm not expecting Chase to have anything spectacular so may just do the GC thing. I think Chase portal pays out even if you use GCs so I was contemplating that route too :) Too many numbers; to complicate an already complicated purchase, Best Buy and Home Depot are selling the same models for the same price and I have angles for both those too. So running the numbers for all on what's the best deal. I occasionally envy the people who just plunk down retail price for everything and not lose any sleep... I need to win the lottery :)

Hey everyone. So I went to Disneygiftcards.com and combined by Gift Cards into 1 $1000 GC. This is the first time I have done this. It is Ok to toss the ones that I combined (no longer have a balance on them). Correct??

Hey everyone. So I went to Disneygiftcards.com and combined by Gift Cards into 1 $1000 GC. This is the first time I have done this. It is Ok to toss the ones that I combined (no longer have a balance on them). Correct??
You absolutely can but I do tend to keep mine and toss them after I've used all the $$ on the combined card. I usually bring 1 or 2 of the "empty" gcs just in case something happens to the one I've combined everything on. You know, like you misplace it or something like that. That way I'm still able to go online and move all the $$ from the combined card to an empty one (that I have kept in my possession). It might offer a little peace of mind!

You absolutely can but I do tend to keep mine and toss them after I've used all the $$ on the combined card. I usually bring 1 or 2 of the "empty" gcs just in case something happens to the one I've combined everything on. You know, like you misplace it or something like that. That way I'm still able to go online and move all the $$ from the combined card to an empty one (that I have kept in my possession). It might offer a little peace of mind!

I hang on to my empty cards too until I’ve spent the $$ on the combined card. I keep them rubber banded together with a post it with the last four digits of the main card # written on it. Last January I combined a bunch of cards into one right before our trip. A couple of days into our trip I went to the front desk with my gift card to pay down our dining charges and learned there was a zero balance on the card. After combining I put the empty card in my wallet by mistake and left the full card at home. Fortunately the full card was still saved on the Disney gift card site and I was able to transfer the balance over. If I had deleted it from the website and if I had thrown out the empty cards, I would have been out that money.

I too bring couple of empty cards with me. My son and I each carry one in case one of us loses our wallet. I don’t like carrying a lot of money with me and those gift cards are just like cash, irreplaceable if lost or stolen.

I agree with the PP. Always keep at least one zero balance card just in case the $1000 cards gets lost or stolen. I can quickly upload the zero balance card and transfer to it.

In addition to shoprite having their fri/sat gift card deal, they will be having another one next week as well. Buy $100 in gc and get $20 off your next shopping order.(that's fri and sat only). Next week is $15 off next order when you buy $100
yeeesss, for ShopRite, I am going Friday and Saturday for Disney and uber cards

I know the answer is probably within this thread but I'm struggling to find it. Can I buy Disney GCs at Sam's, using Wal-Mart GCs or is it more of a ymmv situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter