Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I tried the Happy lady GC at BB & B and the manager would not have it. The cashier was the one who called the manager, and the manager was not very nice. He had never seen or heard of the "Happy" line of cards, and even though I told them it was to be ran like a visa, he said absolutely not. Oh well, I was able to buy $1000 on the Bj's site for 8% off, with my cc a total 10% w/o having to leave my house. Have not been able to find out when this deal expires, but I got some! Really happy about that, thanks again to jeff_H for the great info.!

Well, I tried the Happy lady GC at BB & B and the manager would not have it. The cashier was the one who called the manager, and the manager was not very nice. He had never seen or heard of the "Happy" line of cards, and even though I told them it was to be ran like a visa, he said absolutely not. Oh well, I was able to buy $1000 on the Bj's site for 8% off, with my cc a total 10% w/o having to leave my house. Have not been able to find out when this deal expires, but I got some! Really happy about that, thanks again to jeff_H for the great info.!

We are running a promotion on the Disney gift cards from now through the end of October. Since you have purchased Disney cards in larger quantities from BJs.com in the past, we wanted to reach out directly to see if you are interested in placing any orders for cards at this tim

Per the BJ's rep that @jeff_h corresponded with, end of October.

Go back again at a different time to BBB. My first try the manager said no way and only let me use one. I went back again last night and they were skeptical and tried to insist it was a gift card but let me try it and everything went through. Let me use all my Happy cards in one transaction.

If anyone experienced an error with the Happy card being declined at the BBB register, tell they have to do it as electronic funds transfer or something like that. That seemed to void out the error message.

The Happy gift cards is a line of cards that can be used at certain groupings of retailers. They put together seemingly similar merchants and that card can be used at any merchant listed on the card. Here's the website for what to look for in stores: happycards.com

So it's like a Visa prepaid gift card, but instead of it being accepted everywhere Visa is, it's only accepted at the merchants listed on the card. It's processed as a credit card on the Visa network, so for stores like Home Depot that don't accept GC > GC, this will still work because it's a credit transaction.
still trying to figure out why this is a valuable card to get....

There’s a Kroger digital coupon for 4x fuel points on the “happy” cards, but also on “choice” gift cards. I’m not familiar with Choice. Anyone know about these? I did a search and they look similar to the happy cards. The ones I saw were restaurants. Not sure if there are any out there that would be convertible to Disney.

still trying to figure out why this is a valuable card to get....

Because of the discount on the cards to begin with. Also, there are discounts on top of that at OD/OM if you have the right cc. I think you might be able to also get money back on RMN. Then the fact that this card is useable as a visa gets around any non gc>gc purchase rules. So you can use it buy Disney gc’s and get a good discount on it.

Thank you!

I can help with this! My Office Max had the individual HAPPY cards. Some Lady, some Dining, some Guy......I picked up 2 of the variable cards and rang them up in two separate transactions for $50 value on each. I was charged $40 for each of them. I was going to go to Sam's today but since this HAPPY deal expires tomorrow i decided to just go to a couple more Office Max stores and repeat my earlier deal. My local Office Max is right next door to my local Home Depot. I put the HAPPY guy cards in my pocket, walked next door, grabbed 2 disney gift cards, and rang up each of my $50 disney cards separately, paying with the 2 HAPPY cards from next door. I went to the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. Easy peasy and I just paid $80 for $100 worth of disney gift cards!

Thanks so much but just to clarify a couple things...Seems like I read/saw somewhere you have to buy (2) $25 cards for a total of $50 or can you just do a $50 one?
For multiples, separate transactions, right?

Because of the discount on the cards to begin with. Also, there are discounts on top of that at OD/OM if you have the right cc. I think you might be able to also get money back on RMN. Then the fact that this card is useable as a visa gets around any non gc>gc purchase rules. So you can use it buy Disney gc’s and get a good discount on it.
interesting...thanks!

For some reason I can't seem to pull the trigger - having trouble wrapping my head fully around this one. If bought at OD/OM, you'd be buying $50 worth at $10 off, but you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the RMN at Home Depot right? For RMN to trigger the $5 off, would you need a $100 Happy card? Of course with the Ink Cash card, you'd get 5x, so 200 UR's, so maybe the additional RMN at Home Depot doesn't matter.

Then at Kroger, lets say you buy a $100 Happy card and get 400 fuel points (worth about $14 to me - so 14%ish off). Then take that to Home Depot for another $5. So 19% total. It would be nice if we'd see Visa/Mcards get a 4x coupon while running the Happy deal. You should be able to buy the $100 Visa first go get 4x; then use that to get the Happy card for 4x - so effectively 8x minus the Visa fee.

I'm rambling on here but just trying to think through the profitability of this one.

Thanks so much but just to clarify a couple things...Seems like I read/saw somewhere you have to buy (2) $25 cards for a total of $50 or can you just do a $50 one?
For multiples, separate transactions, right?
Wondering the same thing.

For some reason I can't seem to pull the trigger - having trouble wrapping my head fully around this one. If bought at OD/OM, you'd be buying $50 worth at $10 off, but you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the RMN at Home Depot right? For RMN to trigger the $5 off, would you need a $100 Happy card? Of course with the Ink Cash card, you'd get 5x, so 200 UR's, so maybe the additional RMN at Home Depot doesn't matter.

Then at Kroger, lets say you buy a $100 Happy card and get 400 fuel points (worth about $14 to me - so 14%ish off). Then take that to Home Depot for another $5. So 19% total. It would be nice if we'd see Visa/Mcards get a 4x coupon while running the Happy deal. You should be able to buy the $100 Visa first go get 4x; then use that to get the Happy card for 4x - so effectively 8x minus the Visa fee.

I'm rambling on here but just trying to think through the profitability of this one.
This was a potential route for me-
20% off OD/OM (x2)
convert to VGC at HD
convert VGC at Best Buy through Swagbucks
On $100 it would have been 25% discount assuming the VGC fee is still what I remember. And they were all in the same shopping center so while a couple of steps it could all happen on the same trip.

Some may already know, but I saw on a FB group that Sam's has Gordon Biersch Gift Cards $80 for $100 worth. These can be used at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk. We frequent the Epcot area resorts and will be at the Dolphin end of this month. Just ordered a pack this morning (only avail online it appears).

I added on a pack of envelopes, testing to see if I could get the uber credit. I've seen a few reports of it working with online orders.
- My total was $90.66. $80 something on WM GC, remainder on my freedom
- No uber credit, which I really wasn't expecting
- Dosh credit for the full order, around $4.50, as opposed to only the $10ish on my CC?! So that was nice...and interesting.

This is really interesting regarding Dosh! I plan to use Sam's gift cards to buy Disney cards. I might put a few dollars on my Dosh linked Amex to try it out!

Thank you!

I can help with this! My Office Max had the individual HAPPY cards. Some Lady, some Dining, some Guy......I picked up 2 of the variable cards and rang them up in two separate transactions for $50 value on each. I was charged $40 for each of them. I was going to go to Sam's today but since this HAPPY deal expires tomorrow i decided to just go to a couple more Office Max stores and repeat my earlier deal. My local Office Max is right next door to my local Home Depot. I put the HAPPY guy cards in my pocket, walked next door, grabbed 2 disney gift cards, and rang up each of my $50 disney cards separately, paying with the 2 HAPPY cards from next door. I went to the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. Easy peasy and I just paid $80 for $100 worth of disney gift cards!

When you do self checkout are you buying variable load Disney gift cards?

I just got an email for BJ's online, no need to be a member to shop 10/13 to 10/14!!

Great news!
So what's the best strategy to stack the 8% disney GC savings?

I have a discover card but is the 5% warehouse club cash back good on all discover cards? And does it apply to gift card purchases?

Any click thru sites work along with this? (Ebates, RMN etc)

My trip is over 1 year away so only jumping on the really good deals right now.

This was a potential route for me-
20% off OD/OM (x2)
convert to VGC at HD
convert VGC at Best Buy through Swagbucks
On $100 it would have been 25% discount assuming the VGC fee is still what I remember. And they were all in the same shopping center so while a couple of steps it could all happen on the same trip.

Wow - thats very creative. So at HD, you'd use 3 payment methods - $50 Happy + $50 Happy + whatever cc to pay the Visa fee? This is just an intermediate step to convert the Happy to a Visa so you can use at BB, correct? You're not earning anything at HD?

Does HD sell loadable Visas or just fixed?

How do you get this deal? When I go online, it asks me to sign in. What do I need to do to shop without being a member?

I had a online account from before when you could still order and not be a member. I just logged in and it let me checkout.

But, it did have an option for guest checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter