Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Cashstar deals...I did 2 sets of 3 when they did the deal a while back. So far I've only gotten one set of the $10 GC's. Do they stagger in at different times or should I have gotten all 6 by now?

I did two sets of three as well, with a different email for each set. I have received all required promotional rebates.

Incidentally I just tried the promo coupon at Best Buy. It wouldn't work for Disney Gift Card. Now I need to find something else to buy.

So do the cash star "savings codes" work on gift cards or no?

Edit: disregard. Just saw where someone said no.

Last edited:
Haha we planned a last minute trip yesterday. The poor Best Buy cashiers! 15 separate $50 transactions...then I had to load them all and all they had were $25 GCs. Woof. But I’m not sad about the (hopefully) 9000 Sb and the Best Buy rewards! Worth it!

Gotta do what you gotta do!! :scratchin

hated to do it, but i sold my best buy gift cards to Cardpool. i should have just taken them to Target and exchanged there for Target GC but oh well. i had originally received them from ebates so didn't have any money tied up in them. Gift card totals were $157.86 and they are sending me a check for $139.71 - so i lost 12 % ebates had given me a 6 %- i think -for choosing BB GC. At least now i can go to Target and use RedCard and get 5% off and essentially make it even money.

RE: Target Trade

There are fees taken out during the exchange, and the trade-in values vary. One example provided by Target: A $100 Walmart (WMT) gift card would exchange for an $85 Target gift card.

• Head to the electronics department – This is where some people get confused when trying to use this program. You might assume you’re supposed to go to the Customer Service desk, or just talk to a checkout associate to trade in your card. However, this is not the case.

Card swaps are handled at the electronics department of the store. Look for a Target employee with a black shirt – these are “Target Tech” employees, and they will be familiar with the program.

Some Target associates are not familiar with the program, and may try to send you up to customer service. If this happens, simply ask to see a manager or another associate – only a Target Tech employee can perform the exchange, so don’t take “no” for an answer.
  • Hand over your gift card, and get an offer for its value – The Target Tech employee will take your card, scan it, and confirm its balance and validity to ensure that it’s fully-loaded and legitimate. This offer comes directly from CardPool, which is Target’s partner in the exchange program.

Your offer will vary depending on the value and type of gift card you sell. If you trade a low-value gift card to Olive Garden, for example, you may only get 50-75% of its value. A more desirable card like a WalMart gift card or a Best Buy gift card may get you a higher value.
  • Accept the offer, or change your mind – Once you get your offer, you can either choose to accept it, or change your mind and keep your card. There’s no pressure or commitment – so if you decide that you’re better off just spending your gift card, you can leave the store and keep your card. It’s entirely your decision.
  • Get your gift card, and start shopping – If you agree to your quoted price, you’ll hand over your gift card, and the associate will activate a Target gift card with the quoted value.

For security purposes, you will need to provide a telephone number, email address, and photo identification. This is to prevent common types of gift card fraud. Then, they will hand the card over to you, and you’re good to go – it’s just that easy.
Link: https://ejgiftcards.com/understanding-the-target-gift-card-trade-in-program-is-it-worth-it/

Last edited:
RE: Target Trade

There are fees taken out during the exchange, and the trade-in values vary. One example provided by Target: A $100 Walmart (WMT) gift card would exchange for an $85 Target gift card.

• Head to the electronics department – This is where some people get confused when trying to use this program. You might assume you’re supposed to go to the Customer Service desk, or just talk to a checkout associate to trade in your card. However, this is not the case.

Card swaps are handled at the electronics department of the store. Look for a Target employee with a black shirt – these are “Target Tech” employees, and they will be familiar with the program.

Some Target associates are not familiar with the program, and may try to send you up to customer service. If this happens, simply ask to see a manager or another associate – only a Target Tech employee can perform the exchange, so don’t take “no” for an answer.
  • Hand over your gift card, and get an offer for its value – The Target Tech employee will take your card, scan it, and confirm its balance and validity to ensure that it’s fully-loaded and legitimate. This offer comes directly from CardPool, which is Target’s partner in the exchange program.

Your offer will vary depending on the value and type of gift card you sell. If you trade a low-value gift card to Olive Garden, for example, you may only get 50-75% of its value. A more desirable card like a WalMart gift card or a Best Buy gift card may get you a higher value.
  • Accept the offer, or change your mind – Once you get your offer, you can either choose to accept it, or change your mind and keep your card. There’s no pressure or commitment – so if you decide that you’re better off just spending your gift card, you can leave the store and keep your card. It’s entirely your decision.
  • Get your gift card, and start shopping – If you agree to your quoted price, you’ll hand over your gift card, and the associate will activate a Target gift card with the quoted value.

For security purposes, you will need to provide a telephone number, email address, and photo identification. This is to prevent common types of gift card fraud. Then, they will hand the card over to you, and you’re good to go – it’s just that easy.
Link: https://ejgiftcards.com/understanding-the-target-gift-card-trade-in-program-is-it-worth-it/

I will also point out it's not available in all locations. The same site (targettrade-in) will give you a list of participating locations. You go to the Target Tech's in the electronics department because it's the same device tradein/exchange program run through those guys. I don't have any near me so I haven't tried it out. But good write up!

@disorganizedchaos didnt mention what payment type was used. Not a gc I'm sure. Still worth it to go through Best Buy. :)

I guess it depends on the situation, but I personally don't feel it is worth it to buy the gift cards from Best Buy. Many Disney hotels can be gotten cheaper using promo codes on Orbitz and park tickets can be cheaper through Undercover Tourist. Only thing left is food and I can cover that with gift cards from Target at the 10% off day in December or gift cards that I get through Amex offers.

In the situation above, the person said they were planning a last minute trip - In that situation, the small savings from Best Buy might be worth it.

I guess it depends on the situation, but I personally don't feel it is worth it to buy the gift cards from Best Buy. Many Disney hotels can be gotten cheaper using promo codes on Orbitz and park tickets can be cheaper through Undercover Tourist. Only thing left is food and I can cover that with gift cards from Target at the 10% off day in December or gift cards that I get through Amex offers.

In the situation above, the person said they were planning a last minute trip - In that situation, the small savings from Best Buy might be worth it.
I’m currently saving 21% by buying visa gift cards at Kroger and using those to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy with the swagbucks qr. I wouldn’t call 21% a small discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter