• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say you can not open up a new CC. If that is because of the 5/24 rule and you are waiting till some CCs fall off to apply for more, know that business cards won't count against you. Did you look into swagbucks or discounted target cards through dicount gc card sellers like Raise or saving in other ways and applying that saving to a Disney vacation? Do you have a Sam's or BJ membership to buy discounted Disney GCs? I think that even if not you can still get discounted Disney gc through BJs even though it won't be as much as if you had a membership. Sometimes Disney hotels show up on Priceline or Hotwire but they are opaque and you have to research how to figure out if the hotels are in fact on Disney property. There are many many ways people here save for a Disney vacation. I hope you can find ways that work for you!

No, I can't get anymore because I quit my job to be a SAHM and basically my credit is tanked for now because we took quite a pay cut for me to stay home. I do have a Sam's, I never thought about the gc cards there till these threads. I never heard of swag until today.

No, I can't get anymore because I quit my job to be a SAHM and basically my credit is tanked for now because we took quite a pay cut for me to stay home. I do have a Sam's, I never thought about the gc cards there till these threads. I never heard of swag until today.

A lot of us get gift cards through Swagbucks (great for a sahm although January isn't the best time for Swagbucks), shopkicks, ibotta, checkout 51 and other digital coupon apps. My personal fav is the 4x fuel points offers at Kroger. If you have more than one vehicle or can fill gas cans on a regular basis that's a big money saver.

Your credit rating should not tank just because you became a SAHM. I was a SAHM for years (my kids are now grown) and I was still able to obtain credit cards in my own name based on our household income during those years. However, I can understand your reluctance to take on any new credit cards at a time when your budget is tight. As someone else pointed out, you could get a Target debit card (it will be tied to your checking account). Open a free online checking account with CapitalOne360. Tie it to your PayPal account for any rewards programs that pay cash and funnel the cash from PayPal into that account. Then use the Target debit card to get your Disney GCs for 5% less than face value. That way, your Disney money is kept separate from your household money.

Also, you can just order Disney gift cards from BJs.com at a 4% discount and tack on any additional rewards you might get through your credit card. With most CCs offering rewards around 1%, it probably works out to be about the same benefit with less work/hassle.

Also, you can just order Disney gift cards from BJs.com at a 4% discount and tack on any additional rewards you might get through your credit card. With most CCs offering rewards around 1%, it probably works out to be about the same benefit with less work/hassle.
I just bought another 3 pack of $50's from BJ's online. The discount was 4% and I get 1% from my cc. Beats going out in the cold that we have had in NJ.
Lots of ice and snow. And shipping was free and fast.

I have some amex offers that are expiring soon. Does anyone know if Macy's or GNC sell gift cards (other than their own)?

Bunch of Sams Clubs closed abruptly today! Now I need to drive 25 miles to get my Disney GCs to use Discover. Even without Discover, I would buy WalMart GCs with my Disney Visa and get 2% back. Then I would buy Disney GCs with the Walmart ones at Sams for another 4% discount.

Does Costco sell Disney GCs?

Bunch of Sams Clubs closed abruptly today! Now I need to drive 25 miles to get my Disney GCs to use Discover. Even without Discover, I would buy WalMart GCs with my Disney Visa and get 2% back. Then I would buy Disney GCs with the Walmart ones at Sams for another 4% discount.

Does Costco sell Disney GCs?
I don't believe they do.

Do you know your credit is "tanked" or are you assuming? Income literally has nothing to do with your credit score. Now if you racked up a bunch of debt increasing your utilization OR were late on a bunch of payments, OR even worse defaulted on a loan then I can understand your statement.

Also when applying for a Credit Card you can report income to which you have "reasonable access." This would basically be your entire gross household income (including your husband's salary).

Well mine just opened less than 6 months ago, so I assume it is good.

One would think but we had a store here that took longer to build than it stayed open. Gander Mountain built a whole new building, took over a year, I'm pretty sure they were open for about 8 months before they put the 'Store Closing' signs up and gone before a year. They had a little different situation but it still happens sometimes.

One would think but we had a store here that took longer to build than it stayed open. Gander Mountain built a whole new building, took over a year, I'm pretty sure they were open for about 8 months before they put the 'Store Closing' signs up and gone before a year. They had a little different situation but it still happens sometimes.

Was it the one in Warrington, Pa? The same exact thing happened to that Gander Mountain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter