• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed last week that there are a couple of stores on shopkicks where you can scan your receipt and get 1 kick per $1 spent. Walmart and Target are two of them. This is fairly new. They didn't used to do this.

I noticed last week that there are a couple of stores on shopkicks where you can scan your receipt and get 1 kick per $1 spent. Walmart and Target are two of them. This is fairly new. They didn't used to do this.
Target has done this before, it's usually only for a few weeks, then it goes back to just scans. They did it a few months ago, and they are doing it again now.

Hey everyone,
I just had an online chat with Target customer service. I was told that we can no longer use Target gift cards for Disney gift cards. My Target in San Antonio would not let me use them so I thought I would check into it while I was still in store. I am now out 600 I was going to use for Disney Vacation.
Just purchased $600 worth of Disney gift cards using $600 worth of Target gift cards today in store.

Got $500 in Disney gift cards for $500 target cards last night. Have to go back for another $100. On accident printed one $100 target email gift card twice, we were running out of ink and it was so light I missed one was printed twice oops.
I checked out in electronics and the staff member did not even question trying it.

Scanned them, they were the ones offered 10% off around Christmas. I got 3, DH got 3. There are for DVC dues. I just printed the gift cards at home, I do not have a smart phone.

Did the Target employee have to enter the access codes on the Target gift cards? Or did he/she just have to scan the cards? Thanks.
I used Target GC on Sunday, they were the GC with purchase cards I had collected. She had to enter the access code for all of those. And for the one on my phone from Shopkick as well. That one only had a PIN listed, nothing that said access code, but the PIN worked.

I just got back from Target. Bought $400 worth of Disney cards in the self check. The cashier had to come and enter the access codes for my cards.

Have you guys been scanning your target gift cards on the regular scanner or using the handheld scanner? For some reason, I thinking only prompts for the access code if you run it across the regular scanner.

Have you guys been scanning your target gift cards on the regular scanner or using the handheld scanner? For some reason, I thinking only prompts for the access code if you run it across the regular scanner.

On Saturday I was at Target buying things other than gift cards and using two of the promo gift cards I received for buying other things. I used the handheld scanner to scan my gift card and it immediately prompted for a manager's approval.

I used the handheld scanner both for my Disney cards and the Target cards I was using to pay with. I also had a mix of the $300 cards from the 10% off deal and a card I received through my credit card rewards points. The latter one had two barcodes and I made sure to scan the appropriate code.

Like the others, I've been using the handheld scanner.

The scanner won't make a difference, they are the same thing. It's all going to be whether your store has the updated software or not and it will eventually be everywhere without a way to get around it. It wouldn't surprise me to see more stores doing this as a way of combating giftcard fraud.

Just went to Target and bought regular essentials with gift cards on the APP. THAT was super annoying having to request the access code by email. And I had two gift cards. Ugh. First time having to do that. The lady said, "It's more annoying to peel the stickers off and there's a lot of bad people out there."

I went to target yesterday and had a $25 gift card and a $15 on the app. The first one the cashier scanned didn't ask for the access code. The second one did though, so I had to do the request access code, i agree with it being super annoying CalDisneyMomof2!!

I've got 6 gift cards to use at Target this afternoon... Already dreading it... I wrote down the last four of the gift card and all the access codes on a piece of paper so I can just read them off. I've had the same really nice cashier the last couple of times I've gone in Target so I'm hoping maybe she'll be working and I can get her.

Hi, I'm new. Could someone please share with me ways to get Disney gift cards. I'm scanning this thread, but have more questions than answers. So how do I save money at Wal-Mart and get gift cards? I don't have a target red card, and cannot open any new cc. I already have a Disney Chase visa, but has only $500 limit. We are on tight budget but want ways to come up with money to go to Disney world yearly. And I'd really like to stay somewhere close than Pop cause we have babies and the commute at night back to resort with cranky babies is not ideal.

Hi, I'm new. Could someone please share with me ways to get Disney gift cards. I'm scanning this thread, but have more questions than answers. So how do I save money at Wal-Mart and get gift cards? I don't have a target red card, and cannot open any new cc. I already have a Disney Chase visa, but has only $500 limit. We are on tight budget but want ways to come up with money to go to Disney world yearly. And I'd really like to stay somewhere close than Pop cause we have babies and the commute at night back to resort with cranky babies is not ideal.
You say you can not open up a new CC. If that is because of the 5/24 rule and you are waiting till some CCs fall off to apply for more, know that business cards won't count against you. Did you look into swagbucks or discounted target cards through dicount gc card sellers like Raise or saving in other ways and applying that saving to a Disney vacation? Do you have a Sam's or BJ membership to buy discounted Disney GCs? I think that even if not you can still get discounted Disney gc through BJs even though it won't be as much as if you had a membership. Sometimes Disney hotels show up on Priceline or Hotwire but they are opaque and you have to research how to figure out if the hotels are in fact on Disney property. There are many many ways people here save for a Disney vacation. I hope you can find ways that work for you!

No, I can't get anymore because I quit my job to be a SAHM and basically my credit is tanked for now because we took quite a pay cut for me to stay home. I do have a Sam's, I never thought about the gc cards there till these threads. I never heard of swag until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter