Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gotten an email about DVA??? Too bad:( so many of my avenues for savings have dried up.

I didn't get the email either. A friend sent me a message and I logged into my account to see that they are closing and the options. I chose the eGift card option with 5% which is good, but I would have preferred to have 2% over the long haul. I was about halfway to being able to pay my cruise off. :(

I'm operating under the assumption the money in your DVA came from those 50+ gift cards but I'm still confused...

"just have to watch very carefully to make sure the don't put it back on the 50+ gift cards we've used so far"
-but they said if you don't do anything your money will be refunded to your original form of payment or by check. If it was USD$ from a bank account they have to send a check but if it was gift cards this reads to me like they're refunding your money back to your 50+ gift cards. If you put the money in the account from the gift cards I see no way for you to force Disney to refund your money via check, they seem to have already thought that part through

"send a check... with 2% GC and roll it over again for another 10% off"
-how do you roll over a GC for another 10% off? If you meant roll the check I get how you'd get another 10% turning those into new gift cards

(Personally, it really doesn't seem like a good risk-reward here waiting and hoping you get your money via check instead of refunded to gift cards, I'd take the extra 5% on new gift cards now.)
The way I see it, it is all about customer service. I am positive there are people out there who don't have the original gift card (I do..but that is beside the point). it is not the customer's fault that Dis abruptly canceled the DVA. Therefore a check should be an expected option. Then I can take the cash rebuy Walmart gift cards for 4-5% and then Sams club DIs for 4...(so it's not 10% but still bonus saving).

The way I see it, it is all about customer service. I am positive there are people out there who don't have the original gift card (I do..but that is beside the point). it is not the customer's fault that Dis abruptly canceled the DVA. Therefore a check should be an expected option. Then I can take the cash rebuy Walmart gift cards for 4-5% and then Sams club DIs for 4...(so it's not 10% but still bonus saving).
I honestly wish the best of luck :) I see no reason they should send you a check as that would be unnecessary money out of pocket for them, but maybe they'll turn a leaf for you. Sending pixie dust your way Colorado pixiedust:

My bed Bath and beyond refuse to except gift card for gift card But they did not try in the system
We've had reports of that from others as well. BBY is seriously YMMV, works fine for some but doesn't work for others, so I hope no one who hasn't already tested this out goes overboard on the deal!

We've had reports of that from others as well. BBY is seriously YMMV, works fine for some but doesn't work for others, so I hope no one who hasn't already tested this out goes overboard on the deal!

I think I will tread lightly with this one. I was burned with the Walgreens deal (still have $300) but this one I can actually use so I'm not AS cautious. I'm registered at Buy Buy Baby so worse comes to worst I can purchase whatever I don't get from my registry.

I think I will tread lightly with this one. I was burned with the Walgreens deal (still have $300) but this one I can actually use so I'm not AS cautious. I'm registered at Buy Buy Baby so worse comes to worst I can purchase whatever I don't get from my registry.
Ugh, Walgreens is so annoying to me. Don't envy you working your way through that! Personally, it was watching the people about a year ago who got stuck with all the money in Gamestop cards that made me slow down at this. I implemented a rule for myself that if I can't spend it another way besides turning it into a gift card I don't buy it. I miss some deals here and there but at least I'm safe from getting my money stuck where I can't use it now.

i just did Walgreens last week and it worked. just have to make sure it's a red GC and not a refund credit GC.

I honestly wish the best of luck :) I see no reason they should send you a check as that would be unnecessary money out of pocket for them, but maybe they'll turn a leaf for you. Sending pixie dust your way Colorado pixiedust:
Thanks. Actually figured it out. ALL gift card redemptions on the DVA will be issued back to an EGift card. So acted quickly and grabbed the 5% offer for e-gift card redemption. Knowing Disney, the 5% could end at any time.

i just did Walgreens last week and it worked. just have to make sure it's a red GC and not a refund credit GC.

I think I tried 4 or 5 different ones and they all told me no. It is not a merchandise credit. I didn't ask - when I went to pay they asked to see my ID and credit card each time. I said I'd be using a gift card and they said they don't allow it. And I said ok but the system will. And they said no. Got managers involved and a big fat no each time.

Thanks. Actually figured it out. ALL gift card redemptions on the DVA will be issued back to an EGift card. So acted quickly and grabbed the 5% offer for e-gift card redemption. Knowing Disney, the 5% could end at any time.

Yep, and a nuclear war could break out too. I mean seriously, they said you can request a gift card with 5% up to September 27, why do you make stuff up and say they could end it at any time.

I think many of you are looking at this the wrong way. First of all, the $20 bonus on the DVA was only until the end of this year anyways. (the bonus was only on redemptions using the DVA through December 31, 2017.) In fact, in many cases, people are making more from the 5% extra than they would have with the bonus through the DVA.

Yep, and a nuclear war could break out too. I mean seriously, they said you can request a gift card with 5% up to September 27, why do you make stuff up and say they could end it at any time.

I think many of you are looking at this the wrong way. First of all, the $20 bonus on the DVA was only until the end of this year anyways. (the bonus was only on redemptions using the DVA through December 31, 2017.) In fact, in many cases, people are making more from the 5% extra than they would have with the bonus through the DVA.
I don't think they were "making stuff up" just implying that you never know what could happen. A bird in the hand and all that.

Odd question? Does anyone have a bjs membership with perks elite credit card? I just signed up for regular to use the 5 off 50 but I noticed 5% cash back. Would that be also on Disney gift cards?

Like the IT backbone for this DVA redemption program that processes the extra 5% crashes in the last week so people can't get their orders in? Yeah, I'd believe it.

The day they announced the closing I couldn't even get the website to open. It was "down for maintenance".
I imagined George Bailey working the crowd in "It's a Wonderful Life".

1470758225-its-a-wonderful-life-bank-run-with-george-bailey-and-a-crowd-1.jpg

The day they announced the closing I couldn't even get the website to open. It was "down for maintenance".
I imagined George Bailey working the crowd in "It's a Wonderful Life".
Well now I really want to go watch It's A Wonderful Life. It was the picture that did it! Curl up with a glass of wine, put that movie on and tune out the world... and now back to reality it's 7:08am. WAY to early to be wishing I could curly up with wine and movie!

The Target Cartwheel Perks program is ending!!!! I know this doesn't affect everyone, and it doesn't affect everyone who uses a Target RED card, but for those of us in Denver, Houston, San Diego, St. Louis and Raleigh-Durham, this was a huge bonus. The perks didn't extend to gift cards, but I was able to get free toys for my son, and you could get discounts of $10-$15 off things you regularly use. I think I used one to buy sheets for my son's big boy bed.

If you are a Perks person, we have until the 27th to earn points. I don't how long afterward we will have to cash them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter