Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm super new to the buying Disney gift cards game and want to make sure I have the right idea. I can go onto Best Buy.com and buy a 150.00 Best Buy gift card. Then next month I will get an email with a 15.00 Best Buy gift card as a reward. I can take the original 150.00 gc I bought and the additional 15.00 gc into the store and buy a Disney gift card for 165.00. Is that all right? Is there a limit of how many 150.00 gc that can be bought? Thank for any help!

Perfect! I believe it is limited of 2. I will say someone posted earlier they they did one transaction then attempted do make another one but couldn't so you might want to purchase both in one swift transaction. Do you have Rite Aid or Meijer near by?

I just signed up for Plenti but didn't see Walgreens on their list. Maybe I just don't know where to look?

I'm pretty sure Walgreens only has their own points program called Balance Rewards, I've been signed up for that one for several years now.
Oops, I think you are right! I thought the points were plenti points but I guess it's just Balance Rewards. Sorry for the goof and thanks for the heads up on that!

I get the targeted emails directly from groupon though not every single time. They don't always open to the public but when they do I've never received an email from them, I find out through a site called Slickdeals . net. I have an account with them and they send an email alert. I highly suggest you sign up with this site too. OMG, this site has saved me so much $$$$ especially during the holidays! It's an excellent site.
Okay, great, thanks! Yeah, I sometimes don't get them, though my friend seems to get them every single time. Frustrating sometimes, lol. I'll have to watch next time to see if they then go public!
Hmm, haven't signed up there yet but I guess I really should, so thx! Yeah, this site right here has been really great for me, so adding another that leads to other deals would be great! This site here has been invaluable to me and very thankful for all the info learned here!

Just another try, anyone know where in Northern Illinois that I might be able to use a Sears gc to buy a Disney gc?

When it comes to paying for gift cards with Rewards points at Meijer, it's not even an option. You know how when you have rewards, after you scan your first item, it pops up on the screen asking you if you want to redeem that reward? That doesn't happen if you are only purchasing gift cards. It will pop up if you are purchasing gift cards as well as other items, but if you have a $5 reward and buy a $50 gift card and $2 worth of other items, you're still paying $50 and losing out on $3 of that reward.

In regards to redeeming multiple rewards in one transaction, you can absolutely do this. There's no limit on the number of rewards you can redeem at one time. They will pop up one at a time after you have scanned your first item and it gives you the option of whether or not to apply it. Again though, just be careful that you aren't redeeming more in rewards than the total price of your items or you forfeit any remaining value of the rewards. I did this once when I wasn't paying attention and redeemed $30 worth of smaller monetary rewards but only had $23 and change worth of stuff in my cart. I didn't realize it until I checked the receipt after leaving the store.

Ahh, thank you for this explanation. My wife is usually the one that handles groceries so I'm not familiar with how mperks works. I'm sure she knows how to work it, just need to tell her to expect rewards. Am using Chase Freedom which gives 5% back on groceries, and they tag Meijer as grocery stores.

WWYD Re: Ebates

Back in May, Ebates had their birthday celebration with 15% cash back, and Staples was one of the stores. I knew that I could order gift cards from Staples, so I clicked on Staples and got to the page that tells you all the info about the store and lists coupons/discounts available, KWIM? I carefully scoured the page for any gift card exclusions and found none. In fact, the verbiage read, "Ebates offers Staples customers a cash back bonus on all purchases made at Staples.com through Ebates." (I have a screen shot.) Nowhere on that page did it say that gift cards were excluded. So, I made a substantial purchase and was very excited. Well, I ended up only getting credited a very strange amount - it wasn't 15% (even on my non-gift card purchase) - and calculated out, it was roughly 2.5% of my purchase amount. In fact, I have no clue how they calculated the amount I was given. Digging deeper on the Ebates site, I found a different page (NOT the Staples page) where it listed gift cards as an exclusion. SO, what would you do? Would you file a "Where's my cash back?" inquiry, especially given I have screen shots? Or, just cut my "losses" and take what they gave me? I say losses because I could have purchased these same gift cards at Kroger and gotten 4x Fuel Points. Thanks!

Perfect! I believe it is limited of 2. I will say someone posted earlier they they did one transaction then attempted do make another one but couldn't so you might want to purchase both in one swift transaction. Do you have Rite Aid or Meijer near by?

Hi - I know this wasn't meant for me, but I plan on buying 2 $150 Best Buy GC's through Best Buy.com & then waiting until next month when I will get an email with a 15.00 Best Buy gift card as a reward. So I can take the original 150.00 gc I bought and the additional 15.00 gc into the store and buy a Disney gift card for 165.00.

Why did you ask if she had a Rite Aid or Meijer near her? I have a Rite Aide near me. Thank you!

Back in May, Ebates had their birthday celebration with 15% cash back, and Staples was one of the stores. I knew that I could order gift cards from Staples, so I clicked on Staples and got to the page that tells you all the info about the store and lists coupons/discounts available, KWIM? I carefully scoured the page for any gift card exclusions and found none. In fact, the verbiage read, "Ebates offers Staples customers a cash back bonus on all purchases made at Staples.com through Ebates." (I have a screen shot.) Nowhere on that page did it say that gift cards were excluded. So, I made a substantial purchase and was very excited. Well, I ended up only getting credited a very strange amount - it wasn't 15% (even on my non-gift card purchase) - and calculated out, it was roughly 2.5% of my purchase amount. In fact, I have no clue how they calculated the amount I was given. Digging deeper on the Ebates site, I found a different page (NOT the Staples page) where it listed gift cards as an exclusion. SO, what would you do? Would you file a "Where's my cash back?" inquiry, especially given I have screen shots? Or, just cut my "losses" and take what they gave me? I say losses because I could have purchased these same gift cards at Kroger and gotten 4x Fuel Points. Thanks!
Is there any harm in filing "Where's my cash back?" besides the time it will take you to do so? If not I'd file that with your screenshots and see what happens.

Okay, I'm super new to the buying Disney gift cards game and want to make sure I have the right idea. I can go onto Best Buy.com and buy a 150.00 Best Buy gift card. Then next month I will get an email with a 15.00 Best Buy gift card as a reward. I can take the original 150.00 gc I bought and the additional 15.00 gc into the store and buy a Disney gift card for 165.00. Is that all right? Is there a limit of how many 150.00 gc that can be bought? Thank for any help!
You have most of it correct, however i don't believe you can go to bestbuy.com and get the deal since it's through a cashstar promo. If you follow the link provided by others it will take you to the deal. As far as limits it says two per customer. Not sure if you could just use a different email to work around this or not.

I had a situation several years ago with ebates where they did not give me cashback on a large purchase (should have been about $60 cashback). They did not due to an ebates exclusion and not a store exclusion. Like yours, the exclusion was not listed on the store page but under a general ebates exclusion list. I tried to submit a 'Where's my cash back?' and got an answer stating their rules which excluded my purchase from cash back. I did not earn anything on the purchase to begin with so there was no harm in trying.

It is odd that you received 2.5%. Is it because you ordered non-gift card items and those were paid out at 15% but it is only 2.5% of your total purchase?? If so, then there is no harm in asking for the 15%.

I had a situation several years ago with ebates where they did not give me cashback on a large purchase (should have been about $60 cashback). They did not due to an ebates exclusion and not a store exclusion. Like yours, the exclusion was not listed on the store page but under a general ebates exclusion list. I tried to submit a 'Where's my cash back?' and got an answer stating their rules which excluded my purchase from cash back. I did not earn anything on the purchase to begin with so there was no harm in trying.

It is odd that you received 2.5%. Is it because you ordered non-gift card items and those were paid out at 15% but it is only 2.5% of your total purchase?? If so, then there is no harm in asking for the 15%.

Thanks for sharing your experience. No, the cash back I received wasn't 15% of my non-gift card purchase. I have tried the math with multiple combinations, and I truly have no idea how they calculated the cash back. :confused3

You have most of it correct, however i don't believe you can go to bestbuy.com and get the deal since it's through a cashstar promo. If you follow the link provided by others it will take you to the deal. As far as limits it says two per customer. Not sure if you could just use a different email to work around this or not.

Yes you can get the deal through the best buy website. I checked.

Hi - I know this wasn't meant for me, but I plan on buying 2 $150 Best Buy GC's through Best Buy.com & then waiting until next month when I will get an email with a 15.00 Best Buy gift card as a reward. So I can take the original 150.00 gc I bought and the additional 15.00 gc into the store and buy a Disney gift card for 165.00.

Why did you ask if she had a Rite Aid or Meijer near her? I have a Rite Aide near me. Thank you!

I am all about making my money work double duty and there are a few places that are making this happen:

Kroger:
Save $5.00 on Grocery Purchase when you buy ONE $50 MasterCard or Visa gift card EXP. 6/18/2017. Limit ONE per household.

Digital coupon for 4x fuel points on gift cards through 6/21!

Meijer
: $5 Off $50 Gift Card Exp. 7/1/17 Limit 10
So purchasing a Disney Variable load GC for $500 will yield $50 Rewards but cannot be used for GC.

Rite Aid: Buy 2 $50 Best Buy GC Get 2000 Plenti Points ($20). Deal starts June 11

Last edited:
I am all about making my money work double duty and there are a few places that are making this happen:

Meijer: $5 Off $50 Gift Card Exp. 7/1/17 Limit 10
So purchasing a Disney Variable load GC for $500 will yield $50 Rewards but cannot be used for GC.

Rite Aid: Buy 2 $50 Best Buy GC Get 2000 Plenti Points ($20). Deal starts June 11

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your experience. No, the cash back I received wasn't 15% of my non-gift card purchase. I have tried the math with multiple combinations, and I truly have no idea how they calculated the cash back. :confused3

Is it 15% before taxes? They generally exclude tax from the cash back calculation.

No, not that either. I spent $957.48 and got $23.62 from Ebates. All but $7.48 were gift cards.

I would just leave it if it where me. If you do contact them they may indeed take back what they gave you.

If you go to the staples cashback page on their website it does say this on the left side of the page.

Cash Back Terms
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on gift cards.

Special Terms: Cash Back not available on items that are placed in the Staples shopping cart prior to clicking through from Ebates.

I read on here about the Disney Gift card discounts at BJ's so I went to buy one. I ended up purchasing a $100.00 gift card for $94.99 but why is the $100.00 gift card a bigger discount than the $150.00 and it comes out cheaper if you purchase one $150.00 and two $25.00 gift cards than the $150.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter