Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rite Aid has a deal

Buy a $50 Best Buy GC get 1000 Plenti Points=$10

You can do this deal twice.

Then go to Best Buy and buy $50 Disney GC

If you're using Shopkick, don't forget to pull up purchases and have the cashier scan the QR code for an extra 2 kicks/$1 (or 0.8% bonus towards more Best Buy, Target, Walmart gift cards).

I use the Plenti points towards my AT&T Cell bill

So 20% off

Sorry this deal Starts June 11

Does anyone know if there are any Sears in mid northern Illinois that will let you buy a Disney gc with the Sears gc? I have one $100 Sears gc I bought accidently, (thinking it was a Lowes card, on my phone and guess I couldn't see it very well). Really want to convert it but can't see driving all over Illinois trying to find where I can buy a Disney gc with it, so any thoughts would be much appreciated!
I will say you might want to open an account with Groupon, several times each year they have "Buy $20 Target GC for $10". Sometimes this is a targeted email offer but if you get one buy it and then when it becomes open to the public you can buy another one.;)
Ooh, I didn't know they eventually opened to the public after you can get one thru email. I finally one last year, and then they continued sending me emails to buy one! So I'd try and they'd say you already have one, so no more for you. Then send me another email to buy one! Frustrating, lol. How do you know when they go on for the public?
It isn't just Disney Cards ....ive seen other ones go for more than they are worth. I don't understand
this. Heck I can ALWAYS find something to buy on ebay and wouldn't pay for more than what it is worth. Some people just want to unload those ebay bucks though.
I've seen this happen with Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Disney cards. Makes no sense when I see a $450 gc listed as 'buy it now' for $500, someone buys it and gives great feedback that it was a good deal and a great ebay seller they'd use again. And that's not being able to earn any ebay bucks anymore like you used to be able to, so it's really mind boggling!

Rite Aid has a deal
Buy a $50 Best Buy GC get 1000 Plenti Points=$10
You can do this deal twice.
Then go to Best Buy and buy $50 Disney GC
I use the Plenti points towards my AT&T Cell bill
So 20% off
Sorry this deal Starts June 11
As Walgreens uses plenti points, too, I wish they'd do a deal like this, that'd be great! Unfortunately there are no Rite Aid's here in northern Illinois.

As Walgreens uses plenti points, too, I wish they'd do a deal like this, that'd be great! Unfortunately there are no Rite Aid's here in northern Illinois.

I just signed up for Plenti but didn't see Walgreens on their list. Maybe I just don't know where to look?

Yes, I noticed that the reward I earned for purchasing a Disney GC was listed with an expiration date of July 29, 2017. That date is 55 days from June 4, the day I purchased the GC. Whether it's always 55 days to expiration, I don't know, but apparently these rewards do have to be used within a certain time.
Follow up question, does the rewards terms and conditions prohibit buying a gift card with the reward $? I was planning to buy 10 Disney GC, get $50 reward, then use that to buy another $50 gift card. Not a big deal if I can't, we shop at Meijer anyway for our groceries.

I just signed up for Plenti but didn't see Walgreens on their list. Maybe I just don't know where to look?
I'm pretty sure Walgreens only has their own points program called Balance Rewards, I've been signed up for that one for several years now.

I've never bought GC from Best Buy. It's pretty much widely known and standard practice that they let you buy Disney GC using Best Buy GC.? I'm a little leary bc I know with Target it's hit or miss doing this.
(I really want to do both the Rite Aid and Father's Day $15 bonus deals for Best Buy GC but I want to be fairly confident that I won't be stuck with hundreds of $ in BB GC before I pull the trigger on the deals)

Last edited:
I've never bought GC from Best Buy. It's pretty much widely known and standard practice that they let you buy Disney GC using Best Buy GC.? I'm a little leary bc I know with Target it's hit or miss doing this.

I think there have been a small number of people reporting they had trouble. But, it is very rare. It's standard practice at all of the best buy stores I have bought them at. The guys at one of the stores recognize me now and get excited about my trips, lol.

I think there have been a small number of people reporting they had trouble. But, it is very rare. It's standard practice at all of the best buy stores I have bought them at. The guys at one of the stores recognize me now and get excited about my trips, lol.
Thanks. There are a couple Best Buys within a 15min or so drive from me so I guess if I have trouble at one, I could just try a different store.

Follow up question, does the rewards terms and conditions prohibit buying a gift card with the reward $? I was planning to buy 10 Disney GC, get $50 reward, then use that to buy another $50 gift card. Not a big deal if I can't, we shop at Meijer anyway for our groceries.

I glanced through the Help/FAQ at the Meijer site but could not find anything specific on this. It is common for this type of promotion to exclude such things as phone cards, prepaid cards, etc. Whether Meijer applies this exclusion is, to me at least, unclear.

The other thing is that the $5 rewards show up individually in the customer's Meijer online account, as another poster previously mentioned. In my case, I have two separate $5 rewards even though I purchased a total of $100 in GC's in a single transaction. On top of that, I have a separate $2-off reward from an unrelated promo. I can't remember if these rewards can all come together in one subsequent purchase, so that I'd get $12 off next time. If someone bought a $500 Disney GC, it appears the promo would give ten separate $5 rewards -- seems kinda silly, but there you go.

I just noticed the $500 Disney gift cards are no longer listed on the Sam's Club site and the $150 packs are listed as "out of stock". Anyone know if these items usually restocked regularly, or are they only offered sporadically throughout the year? I think my local store has a few of the $150 packs available, but they don't carry the $500.

:confused3Hmmm, worried about this, I have gift cards ready to go and too lazy to go to the club.

They're both back in stock as of this morning. The $150 packs seem to be restocked within a week or so, but the $500 ones seem to have longer "soldout" periods. Last year, I finally had my Walmart gift cards ready, but ended up having to get $150 packs instead of $500 because they weren't back in stock in time for my trip.

Best Buy is doing the $15 Gift Code with $150 Best Buy gift card purchase again.

• Valid 6/4/17-6/18/17
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 7/7/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 7/7/17-7/20/17
  • Savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store
  • MAXIMUM 2
https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/
I was able to buy 1 of these, but when I went do buy another it wont let me card go through. Anyone else have problems?

Ooh, I didn't know they eventually opened to the public after you can get one thru email. I finally one last year, and then they continued sending me emails to buy one! So I'd try and they'd say you already have one, so no more for you. Then send me another email to buy one! Frustrating, lol. How do you know when they go on for the public?

I get the targeted emails directly from groupon though not every single time. They don't always open to the public but when they do I've never received an email from them, I find out through a site called Slickdeals . net. I have an account with them and they send an email alert. I highly suggest you sign up with this site too. OMG, this site has saved me so much $$$$ especially during the holidays! It's an excellent site.

Last I tried I wasn't able to. That was back in December. Since we go to Meijer for most of our groceries I'm taking the funds from that and reallocating to our vacation fund.

The guys at one of the stores recognize me now and get excited about my trips, lol.

I had 4x $100 gift cards and 4x $10 savings codes from the last promo, and $50 and $5 gift cards earned from Shopkick when I redeemed them at one of my local BBY last week. 10 cards to scan!

Before going to the store, I pulled up each gift card/savings code on my iPhone, took a screenshot of each of one so I could easily flick through them at the register.

I grabbed a variable load Disney card, asked the cashier to put $500 on it, had him scan my Shopkick QR code to earn more kicks on the purchase, and then showed him the first of the many gift cards on my phone when it came time to pay. When he caught on that I had more than one or two gift cards, he mouthed "wow" and got more and more excited after each one. To make it easier, he'd scan the barcode and I'd read him the pin, and on to the next one. When it came down to the final $5, I put it on my credit card and he exclaimed, "Wow, that's some savings!" Of course, not all those gift cards were free, but I'll take what savings I can get!

I had 4x $100 gift cards and 4x $10 savings codes from the last promo, and $50 and $5 gift cards earned from Shopkick when I redeemed them at one of my local BBY last week. 10 cards to scan!

Before going to the store, I pulled up each gift card/savings code on my iPhone, took a screenshot of each of one so I could easily flick through them at the register.

I grabbed a variable load Disney card, asked the cashier to put $500 on it, had him scan my Shopkick QR code to earn more kicks on the purchase, and then showed him the first of the many gift cards on my phone when it came time to pay. When he caught on that I had more than one or two gift cards, he mouthed "wow" and got more and more excited after each one. To make it easier, he'd scan the barcode and I'd read him the pin, and on to the next one. When it came down to the final $5, I put it on my credit card and he exclaimed, "Wow, that's some savings!" Of course, not all those gift cards were free, but I'll take what savings I can get!

I love you! - Seriously what a GREAT way to save!!!:thumbsup2

Just noticed $20 off $100 at staples and $10 off office max on my amex business card offers. Is staples to target still the best option? How about OfficeMax?

I glanced through the Help/FAQ at the Meijer site but could not find anything specific on this. It is common for this type of promotion to exclude such things as phone cards, prepaid cards, etc. Whether Meijer applies this exclusion is, to me at least, unclear.

The other thing is that the $5 rewards show up individually in the customer's Meijer online account, as another poster previously mentioned. In my case, I have two separate $5 rewards even though I purchased a total of $100 in GC's in a single transaction. On top of that, I have a separate $2-off reward from an unrelated promo. I can't remember if these rewards can all come together in one subsequent purchase, so that I'd get $12 off next time. If someone bought a $500 Disney GC, it appears the promo would give ten separate $5 rewards -- seems kinda silly, but there you go.

Thanks for the heads up on separate rewards, I assumed we can just combine them all and use at once but maybe not. I'll give it a try this week hopefully and see what happens.

Last I tried I wasn't able to. That was back in December. Since we go to Meijer for most of our groceries I'm taking the funds from that and reallocating to our vacation fund.

OK thanks, like you, we can just apply it to our regular grocery then.

Just noticed $20 off $100 at staples and $10 off office max on my amex business card offers. Is staples to target still the best option? How about OfficeMax?

If Staples or OfficeMax has Disney (I know Staples does), you might want to just go straight to Disney, since you can't stack REDcard discounts with gift cards anymore at Target. You'd be buying a Target gift card that you'll trade for a Disney card 1:1 -- it's just an extra step with no gain. If there's Best Buy gift cards, you can take that in store to buy a Disney card and earn Shopkicks that you can save up to redeem for more useful gift cards at usually a 0.8% bonus. If there's Walmart, you can use those at Sam's Club which sells Disney cards at a discount.

This is how I would stack it on June 11th

Go to Kroger Save $5.00 on Your Grocery Purchase when you buy ONE (1) $50 MASTERCARD® or VISA® gift card. * Restrictions Apply. See Store for Details.
Exp 06/18/2017

Then go to Rite Aid (In-store): Buy 2 - $50 Best Buy GC = $100 / Get 2000 Plenti Points = $20

Next Best Buy (Online): Buy 1 - $150 Best Buy GC / Get $15 Gift via email

Finally on July 7: Best Buy (In-store): Buy $200 Disney GC
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 7/7/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 7/7/17-7/20/17

Wholly cow that's some serious savings!!!

You can't use the Best Buy Gift Cards with the online best buy gift card deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter