Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Ebates is no longer giving cashback on GC purchases from Target, has anyone tried Swagbucks or MyPoints to see if they're still giving credit for GC purchases?
I've had swagbucks credit for giftcards plus a filler. I was meaning to use ebates, but my swagbucks somehow activated. I'm not sure if it works with just gift cards.

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I am not a Costco member (we don't have one nearby) but we do have Sams club.
I don't have Netflix, but I was thinking about getting HBO go - I had it for a month or two last summer and remember paying with itunes credit. So, would that ebates credit work for paying for HBO now too do you think?

I'm not sure you can get a recurring cash back through Ebates for a monthly subscription. I will try when I set up my Netflix subscription under my iTunes account later this month, but I'm not expecting much. Aside from that, I do a good amount of movie, music and app purchases for which I've gotten Ebates credit.

For those who have used the staples/Amex offer, have you seen the $25 credit appear on your statement yet, or credited yet? I just checked and usually it's fairly quick, but I noticed they separated my our has of the target GC and the other item I bought into two transactions. I checked the "terms" of the offer again and now I see "not valid on e-gift cards" which I don't remember seeing before.

Update: Got the $25 credit despite the e-GC purchase showing up as a separate line item on my statement from the other supplies (~$20) that I happen to have bought in the same purchase as well.

Last edited:
For those who have used the staples/Amex offer, have you seen the $25 credit appear on your statement yet, or credited yet? I just checked and usually it's fairly quick, but I noticed they separated my our has of the target GC and the other item I bought into two transactions. I checked the "terms" of the offer again and now I see "not valid on e-gift cards" which I don't remember seeing before.
Yes my husband and I both had the credit post within a couple of days of our purchase in April. We bought physical gift cards but I know others did purchase e gift cards and reported getting the credit also. The terms did say not valid on e gift cards since it was made available by American Express

Perk might though. I couldn't find any terms and conditions for Perk shopping. If I remember correctly, it was 5/$1 for Target.

Perk was still doing it when I stopped buying last month, but it is not much. I think I earned $17.50 for spending $3,500.

I've been trying to skim this thread once per day while we are here in FL and it seems like even more has changed. I went a head and converted the rest of our Target to help pay to upgrade to APs. The less I need to make for our next 2 trips, the better.

Yes

For those with an Amex card, check your offers for a $10 statement credit for a $50+ purchase at Joann Fabric. I'm in the store now and they have a Gift Card Mall display with many of the usual restaurants, shopping, etc. including $25 and $50 eBay and $50 Best Buy. I'm picking up an eBay to churn for Best Buy next time there's a bonus offer.

I went to the local Joann Fabric and they had gift cards, but there was a sign that siad gift card purchases could only be made with cash. Anyone have success with this?

Yes I got that deal and used it to buy a Disney GC and the $25 was credited to my account within the week.

I went to the local Joann Fabric and they had gift cards, but there was a sign that siad gift card purchases could only be made with cash. Anyone have success with this?

My local Joann had a sign that said cash or debit/credit. The cashier asked me to show ID and called his manager for approval before he rang up the purchase.

i received my gamestop cards from the $50 for 60 promo that was on sale last week from eBay. took them to gamestop and turned them to eBay card. the cashier said oh I'm glad they are physical gift cards if they were digital we are really cracking down on being able to be used for gc's especially for such a large purchase. i told him, oh really I've used digital lots of times to purchase and that was too bad.

They are mostly games I just buy and trade back in. Right now this weekend, they bumped up trade in values AND have a promotion for 50% more trade in credit when you purchase the Doom and the Uncharted 4 game. I usually just buy the game, ask for a gift receipt, and return it back on my gift card. For instance, right now the Rise of the Tomb Raider for the 360 is $20 at Best Buy with their gamers club unlocked membership, and you can trade it back into gamestop for $40 with the promos. Same with NBA Live 16 (bought at Fry's for $12.99 and traded it back for $33). Some of the games I traded in yesterday are from my own collection that I just don't play anymore too.

Also... I was at the mall today, went to the Gamestop I normally don't frequent and checked for Ebay cards. They didn't have any, so I asked the employee If I could consolidate my gift cards because "it's leaving an indent in my wallet" ::yes:: The employee combined the rest of my gift cards onto one. She basically bought 1 $500 gift card with my 5 $100 gift cards and it went through just fine. I was asking her a bit more about the gift cards and she said you can put a max of $500 on a gift card AND you can purchase them digitally and physically online. I haven't yet checked if the website GC > GC purchase works, but it's a great option if you want to stay low key/don't want to look weird swiping 5 gift cards at the register.
Can you tell me how I can check to see when they do the promotion to give you more for your trade in credit? My son wants to sell his Skylanders game and everything (about 100 pieces) I would love for him to get the best return, since he paid out of pocket for most of it over the years.
Also, if he takes it on a gift card, is it the type that can be used for other gift cards (unless the put a stop to that at that point) or are the gift cards good for trade or merchandise only? I am asking you since you seem to actually sell stuff to the store. :)

Last edited:
i received my gamestop cards from the $50 for 60 promo that was on sale last week from eBay. took them to gamestop and turned them to eBay card. the cashier said oh I'm glad they are physical gift cards if they were digital we are really cracking down on being able to be used for gc's especially for such a large purchase. i told him, oh really I've used digital lots of times to purchase and that was too bad.
Hmm a bit strange that it matters whether it's physical or digital, but at least they are okay with the physical cards! I don't have any problem with either at my GS store, but used more physical cards lately so as not to have to buy digital thru PPDG anymore than I have to.

Sorry for being such a Noob. Attempting my first flip. Target.com is out of $100 gift cards and only has $50 in stock, of which I can only by 4 at a time ($200). I need to buy 13 of them to receive by the June 14th ($650). Is it ok just to do 4 back to back transactions online or should I spread them out over a couple hours or days? Based on what I have read on the thread it seems $650 is a relatively small purchase and should be fine just unsure if I need to spread them out at all or just order back to back to back (which is ideal since I don't have much time to receive the cards).

Sorry for being such a Noob. Attempting my first flip. Target.com is out of $100 gift cards and only has $50 in stock, of which I can only by 4 at a time ($200). I need to buy 13 of them to receive by the June 14th ($650). Is it ok just to do 4 back to back transactions online or should I spread them out over a couple hours or days? Based on what I have read on the thread it seems $650 is a relatively small purchase and should be fine just unsure if I need to spread them out at all or just order back to back to back (which is ideal since I don't have much time to receive the cards).
Ordering back-to-back-to-back will most likely result in one or more of your orders being canceled. In addition to that warning, I want to add that you might already be too late to receive those GCs by 6/14. If you absolutely need them by that date, your safest course would be to go to a Target store to make your purchase. You will most likely be able to make your purchase in a single transaction and there's a possibility that the store will have $100 GCs in stock.

Last edited:
I made a PPDG purchase of 2- $100 Lowe's egcs yesterday & one of them was delivered but not the other. Today, I purchased 2 more & both were delivered quickly. Is it normal for one to be "hung up" & have to wait on it, or should I go ahead & call them? I sent an email already, but thought I should consult here before panicking. :) TIA!
Update: I received the Lowe's gc in an email just this morning, so all is well now!

Hello! New to the Disney GC world, and have been wondering why I did not think of it sooner!

A few weeks ago, we bought enough Disney GC at the wholesale club to cover my AP. I used cash for some (silly me) and the Disney Visa for the rest. In an effort to minimize the number of cards, I consolidated them down to two GC on the disneygiftcard site. They worked fine for my AP, but, now that I am home, my disneygiftcard is LOCKED, and there does not seem to be any way to get it unlocked. I've done the code and get to the password reset screen, only to get a message that my password can not be reset at this time. I called Disney and did not get any clear answers or any help, but they seemed to make a note of it, though that was a week ago and I've not seen any changes.

Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to use that account to make sure both cards are at a zero balance and to add the F&G key tag gift card I picked up at EPCOT. The locked account makes it seem like I did something wrong, but really, the gift cards I combined were all gifts received in the past year, or were bought specifically to be used toward my AP. :confused3

Hello! New to the Disney GC world, and have been wondering why I did not think of it sooner!

A few weeks ago, we bought enough Disney GC at the wholesale club to cover my AP. I used cash for some (silly me) and the Disney Visa for the rest. In an effort to minimize the number of cards, I consolidated them down to two GC on the disneygiftcard site. They worked fine for my AP, but, now that I am home, my disneygiftcard is LOCKED, and there does not seem to be any way to get it unlocked. I've done the code and get to the password reset screen, only to get a message that my password can not be reset at this time. I called Disney and did not get any clear answers or any help, but they seemed to make a note of it, though that was a week ago and I've not seen any changes.

Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to use that account to make sure both cards are at a zero balance and to add the F&G key tag gift card I picked up at EPCOT. The locked account makes it seem like I did something wrong, but really, the gift cards I combined were all gifts received in the past year, or were bought specifically to be used toward my AP. :confused3

Try a different device - if you've been using a phone, try a laptop. If you've been using a laptop, try a phone. Not sure this will fix your problem, but I ran into a verification issue with the disney gift card website and that solved it for me and one other person here. (I'm drawing a blank at the moment who it was.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter