Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know before we were all kind of holding out hope of the e-gift cards with GCM. Could it be that they're converting and they have gone through their Target stock, so they're not replenishing until the conversion is through? If that's their biggest seller, maybe going electronic can help them AND us. We'd get GC's faster, they wouldn't have to ship them in the mail, could possibly restock faster, etc.
Just trying to stay positive ;)
I'm with you here, it makes sense! They did say to keep an eye out for egc's to show up. Why even state that if they hadn't actually been working on it already?

contacted GCM asking when they thought they would have target gc since for the last two weeks they have been out every time I look. the response I got was yes they plan to restock and keep checking.
I contacted them, as well, again, figuring I'd get a different rep. They again said they would be restocking the Target gc's and to keep checking back. They could just as easily say they can't advise when the cards will be back and leave it at that.
I figure the BB and GS routes are good alternatives to earn eBay Bucks while GCM is out of Target GCs, but it does take your funds out of Target and the REDcard discount if you have to cash out for Disney. BB offers an exit strategy since they carry Disney GCs, but you don't get the final 5% discount on them. The hope is you're making more than that 5% with the extra churn(s), and/or GCM restocks Target before you need to cash out.
I'm still glad you shared this plan of yours, so far at this time it's working perfectly for me, too, and helped me check into the physical GS and try PPDG again for BB. Been great so far and helped me earn good ebucks!
if target told GCM to stop selling their gift cards GCM's ebay listing would be gone. plus when you contact them they say "we will restock". im very optimistic they will be back. ....
Exactly what I think about the listing. No need for auto renewal if they are completely finished, and have ended that relationship permanently.

I am just waiting the program out now sitting on EBay GC. Had to pass up on my 5x offer last week. No BB or KMart or Sears in my town and closest is 2+ hr away. A previous call to our one and only GS said I cannot purchase GC with GC and I do not have others in the area test. I am pleased for the folks here who can use these other avenues and am keeping up on them in case I venture off to the big city! So waiting ...hoping...waiting...etc.
April and May have both been pretty low value churn months for me. I didn't get all the offers of course but keeping up hope for a restocking everywhere of GC and a good June. If just EBay restocks I do have a Target in town and can keep on swimming!
My next planned trip is Fall of 2017 for our first trip to WDW so I have plenty of time but DS19 just got a job at DL in April so I will may visit him in the fall. (Our family just spent a week there in Feb).
I did use some churning proceeds on a 3x offer for DD24 wedding in September for her table decorations and that was fun to do with no capitol outlay! If I get really bored I can always reread pgs 1-903:joker: or do a brilliant spreadsheet to track all my previous churns!

I frequently check Target and EBay through the day and would just love to be that person who posts the return of our CGs there~ wonder who that first poster hero will be!

Until then, many thanks and kudos to the folks here who have been so generous with suggestions and information!

Random theory for Target/eBay:

Target's website had a glitch with eBay gift cards. This resulted in eBay pulling the Target cards from sale for GCM.

One of the posters mentioned that a store got a cut of any sale of GCs. E.g., if Target sold an eBay gift card, then they got a percentage of the card's value as profit. Similarly, if eBay sold a Target GC, then eBay got a cut of the profit. Even though GCM sold the Target GC on eBay, the messages we have been getting are that eBay handles the sales for GCM. Thus, it would behoove either company to ensure that there's a somewhat even number of sales for both sides or keep a ratio from being beyond what is contemplated. More GC sold, but the amount paid to each company is about even. Thus, if Target online couldn't sell eBay GC, then Target wouldn't want eBay continuing to sell Target GC (otherwise, the amount that Target would have to pay would skyrocket or tip unevenly from the prearranged ratio).

Reasons why this may be completely crazy (and my answers):

Q: Why not the other way around? E.g. eBay having issues with supply of Target GCs and eBay asking Target to take it down?
A: It really could be vice versa - I'm not completely sure. I think it would be the same principal issue. That being said, Target was going through a website redesign (which may include some glitches) and when GCM's supply of Target GC ran out, the last sales were for 150s and 100s instead of 50s (which is traditionally what is leftover).

Q: Physical Target stores still sell eBay GCs in store. Why wouldn't they just sell those or allow for pick-up?
A: Most likely Target website is separate from Target in-store. Furthermore, this supports the theory that there is an issue with the Target website as the pick it up option may be unavailable. E.g. when Disney GCs were out of stock online, they showed that they were in-stock in store.

Q: Wouldn't eBay want GCs pulled from the physical Target stores? After all they will have to pay a fee for each eBay GC sold.
A: My guess is that the volume for online sales were about equal for each company's GCs. Thus, pulling the eBay GCs in store would change the ratio. Also, the online Target store is a separate company than the physical Target store.

I just did an online chat with Target.com on the ebay issue and their response was not good:

Ian: It looks like this item is discontinued. While we don’t anticipate future inventory on this item, there may be similar items available online or in store.

I would say purchasing ebay giftcards from Target.com is dead.

I just did an online chat with Target.com on the ebay issue and their response was not good:

Ian: It looks like this item is discontinued. While we don’t anticipate future inventory on this item, there may be similar items available online or in store.

I would say purchasing ebay giftcards from Target.com is dead.
Or they're just updating the sku in inventory. "The sky is falling" seems to be way to popular around here. There is risk in this process. We'll roll with. I doubt it's truly dead.

I really wish that people would stop messaging Target and GCM about the dearth of GCs. The person who is answering you has no more information than you do. The GCs will return when/if the companies are ready to restore/restock them. People have already posted the responses they've received. Asking again and expecting a different result is, well..., crazy. Be patient. Let things shake out. And if you need Disney GCs for your vacation soon, now would be the time to put your exit strategy into play.

In the meantime, there are still ways to churn if you have the time to take things more slowly. It may not yield the swift amounts that we were seeing with the Target ->ebay -> Target churn, but it's still viable.

I'm very encouraged by my trips to Best Buy and GameStop this weekend. Stopped by Best Buy Friday night and picked up the $50 Disney gift card I somehow managed to order online without it being cancelled. Then I took $200 in e-gift cards purchased from PPDG to the register and purchased a $200 eBay gift card. Cashier didn't even hesitate, just scanned the barcodes and entered the pins. This morning I purchased a physical GameStop gift card at Safeway while doing my grocery shopping and used it at GameStop to buy a Starbucks gift card just to test it out. I just swiped it at the register and was on my way. I have three Best Buys and four GameStops within a seven mile radius (I can see one of the Best Buy's from my house if I look between the houses across the street) so I have multiple locations to convert to eBay. Hoping for some sort of eBay bucks offer next week to give this a try on a larger scale, provided PPDG continues to cooperate. May do a final churn for physical GameStop gift cards from GCM just to keep from buying too much from PPDG.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't apply to gift cards, but groupon is doing a targeted 50% off to certain accounts. Promo code is flash50. Great way to save money if you want to eat out this weekend. Just scored $40 worth of sushi for $11 tonight :)

target online should be available may 23-june 10 as that was my new date of expected arrival for 3-200 cards. I ended up canceling on the 11th before seeing their email otherwise I would have left it. if anyone ordered on may 9th and didn't cancel your order have you received an update? the fact that they emailed me and said it would have a new date makes me think they are restocking

I figure the BB and GS routes are good alternatives to earn eBay Bucks while GCM is out of Target GCs, but it does take your funds out of Target and the REDcard discount if you have to cash out for Disney. BB offers an exit strategy since they carry Disney GCs, but you don't get the final 5% discount on them. The hope is you're making more than that 5% with the extra churn(s), and/or GCM restocks Target before you need to cash out.
If I wasn't churning with BB and GS right now, I probably would just be sitting tight hoping they'd eventually be restocking Target gc's. Which, of course, I am hoping for and feel optimistic about, but I'm able to churn and make ebucks, and when I go to cash out some I can do so at BB for the Disney gc's. Thankful for all that! And, I'm okay missing the 5% at this point, at least I'm making ebucks which is a big part of the churn still available at this point if I churn thru BB and GS. It'd be great to be able to somehow get thru PPDG and get all BB on a promo! BB has Disney if I had to cash out all, and if I can keep churning, I'm building up rewards points at BB! If we get a promo next week, hoping to get the offer on both my and DD25's account this time. If I get that lucky, I'll try to go thru half my Ebay cards on my account, half on hers, all in BB if I can get it to work, even if I need some paypal phone help, lol. That'd be best case scenario, but if necessary I'll do the physical GS gc's for some of the churn again. So far, have great experiences in my BB and GS.

I'm very encouraged by my trips to Best Buy and GameStop this weekend.... May do a final churn for physical GameStop gift cards from GCM just to keep from buying too much from PPDG.
Me too! I split my money this week between BB and GS. I'm waiting for my physical GS cards, expected to arrive Tues. Then we'll run them to GS and get ebay gc's to be ready for a promo. Always easy there. I went to BB tonight to finish up my BB to Ebay. I did $400 the other day, worked great. Did the rest of the $600 tonight and had the same giftcard manager person who remembered me and happily rung me up. I asked about any limits, and she said they won't refuse any money I wanna spend there, so as often as I want, lol.
We did try to see if the Ebay loadable cards they use($25-$500), could be reloaded or added to. So we tried to add $100 to the $400 on the card but it did not work. So, they are loadable but not reloadable. Ended up with two cards, each $300. Took maybe 5-10 mins, with chatting and getting the cards, fast and easy. Very happy with this avenue so far! I figure if she ever asks why so much ebay, I'd just say I do business with some buying, and selling(okay not much anymore, but I have done a little in the past, lol), thru ebay.

If I wasn't churning with BB and GS right now, I probably would just be sitting tight hoping they'd eventually be restocking Target gc's. Which, of course, I am hoping for and feel optimistic about, but I'm able to churn and make ebucks, and when I go to cash out some I can do so at BB for the Disney gc's. Thankful for all that! And, I'm okay missing the 5% at this point, at least I'm making ebucks which is a big part of the churn still available at this point if I churn thru BB and GS. It'd be great to be able to somehow get thru PPDG and get all BB on a promo! BB has Disney if I had to cash out all, and if I can keep churning, I'm building up rewards points at BB! If we get a promo next week, hoping to get the offer on both my and DD25's account this time. If I get that lucky, I'll try to go thru half my Ebay cards on my account, half on hers, all in BB if I can get it to work, even if I need some paypal phone help, lol. That'd be best case scenario, but if necessary I'll do the physical GS gc's for some of the churn again. So far, have great experiences in my BB and GS.

Me too! I split my money this week between BB and GS. I'm waiting for my physical GS cards, expected to arrive Tues. Then we'll run them to GS and get ebay gc's to be ready for a promo. Always easy there. I went to BB tonight to finish up my BB to Ebay. I did $400 the other day, worked great. Did the rest of the $600 tonight and had the same giftcard manager person who remembered me and happily rung me up. I asked about any limits, and she said they won't refuse any money I wanna spend there, so as often as I want, lol.
We did try to see if the Ebay loadable cards they use($25-$500), could be reloaded or added to. So we tried to add $100 to the $400 on the card but it did not work. So, they are loadable but not reloadable. Ended up with two cards, each $300. Took maybe 5-10 mins, with chatting and getting the cards, fast and easy. Very happy with this avenue so far! I figure if she ever asks why so much ebay, I'd just say I do business with some buying, and selling(okay not much anymore, but I have done a little in the past, lol), thru ebay.
How are you getting BB rewards? I add my rewards card, but so far with $600 in gift card purchases (n store). I don't show any reward points yet. I am buying eBay with BB gift cards bought through PPDG.

How are you getting BB rewards? I add my rewards card, but so far with $600 in gift card purchases (n store). I don't show any reward points yet. I am buying eBay with BB gift cards bought through PPDG.
hmm that's what I'm doing, too. She asked for my rewards card and I said I get rewards and I thought she said yeah. But I haven't checked it myself yet. I guess I will have to check into that more and see and get back here. Wonder how long it takes for them to show up? Are they immediate or like once a month or something?
ETA: just looked up getting points and looks like you're right, you don't get points on gift cArd redemption purchases. Hmm oh well, that's too bad. Thx for the question though, at least I'm not thinking I'm accruing points I guess. We did look today though it takes fifteen days to post, but w/paying with gcs that's likely the real reason.

Last edited:
hmm that's what I'm doing, too. She asked for my rewards card and I said I get rewards and I thought she said yeah. But I haven't checked it myself yet. I guess I will have to check into that more and see and get back here. Wonder how long it takes for them to show up? Are they immediate or like once a month or something?
ETA: just looked up getting points and looks like you're right, you don't get points on gift cArd redemption purchases. Hmm oh well, that's too bad. Thx for the question though, at least I'm not thinking I'm accruing points I guess. We did look today though it takes fifteen days to post, but w/paying with gcs that's likely the real reason.
Thanks for looking into it. I am glad I am not missing out on something by doing it wrong. At least we are getting our eBay bucks and they are what matters most to me right now. :)

I'm doing the same. Only got ebucks on DHs account we never use last time and PPDG would only let me do $500 total and I had to split that into $200 and $300 purchase then it locked me down on eBay completely and I couldn't even order physical items. It unlocked the next day. I figure $50 ebucks and the 1000 fuel points was better than nothing. I'm trying to think up a strategy for the next round though. Maybe purchase half physical gc from GS FIRST then attempt an order through PPDG. I'm also hesitant to try PPDG on my account as it has only worked on DHs so far and I would hate to miss out completely on a promo because of lockout. I prefer PPDG bc of the very quick turnaround and getting rid of potential physical shipping issues, but I find both churns easy and convenient Target alternatives in my metropolitan area.

Does anyone uncheck/recheck their promo box when they don't get an offer?

I was at Disney this week so missed a lot on the forum. Just caught up. I actually got the last 5x promo but with ebay out of target and vice versa I didnt want to make any uneducated moves. Ready to get back in. I have $600 in ebay right now. Can i get some advice what is working easily enough? Are you buying BB ecards from ppdg and then going instore to buy ebay? Do i have that part right? Miss a few days and it gets confusing! Lol.

I was at Disney this week so missed a lot on the forum. Just caught up. I actually got the last 5x promo but with ebay out of target and vice versa I didnt want to make any uneducated moves. Ready to get back in. I have $600 in ebay right now. Can i get some advice what is working easily enough? Are you buying BB ecards from ppdg and then going instore to buy ebay? Do i have that part right? Miss a few days and it gets confusing! Lol.
"Easy" is a relative term.

Buying BB eGCs from PPDG is a crapshoot. It may work or you may end up in PayPal Digital Hell and be unable to buy anything on eBay until PP lifts the restriction on your account (which seems to happen often, yet so many of their representatives are in the dark as to how to fix it).

If you're lucky enough to have no issue with PPDG, you can take a print out of your BB GC and puchase an eBay GC - if your BB carries them. Or you can purchase a Disney GC - again, if your BB carries them.

Thanks so much. I guess people aren't churning large amounts this way if ppdg is so wonky. I'll follow along to see how much others are doing and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter