Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility, and this is coming from over a decade of retail management experience in a former life, it's possible that the sku (product specific identifier) is close to end of life. They could be getting in a new design and as those old cards are discontinued their availability becomes much more scarce. For example every couple years we would have to switch out our Amazon, Xbox, or even our store gift cards and scrap out the old ones. They obviously weren't in as much demand so ours just got thrown away.
That is a possibility but I doubt it. Reason being that design is still plastered in large quantities in every store in my region and they were all over WDW for sale, when I was there for 2 weeks in April.

I would recommend against making a habit of cancelling, returning, or "tricking" anything related to ebates credit.

https://www.fbi.gov/seattle/press-r...line-reward-scheme-plead-guilty-to-wire-fraud
So I wonder if this will stop people from scamming the Ebates portal for Target GC purchases?

I think fatwallet should have been brought up on charges as well. They had to see that the volume was unusual. They should have investigated. Instead, it looks like, they pocketed the money as well.

So I wonder if this will stop people from scamming the Ebates portal for Target GC purchases?

I think fatwallet should have been brought up on charges as well. They had to see that the volume was unusual. They should have investigated. Instead, it looks like, they pocketed the money as well.
It's a 4 year old story, not new news. Also, I doubt it's worth prosecuting unless it's a large amount.

It's a 4 year old story, not new news. Also, I doubt it's worth prosecuting unless it's a large amount.
Wire fraud for $1 Million and $100 is still wire fraud. I think the difference between a slap on the wrist and serious consequences is $250. At least that was the threshold they used for me 15 years ago.

How many of us here have gained more than $250 from ebates by buying the ruler?

ETA: It may not be new news, but it is probably new information to our community of churners.

Wire fraud for $1 Million and $100 is still wire fraud. I think the difference between a slap on the wrist and serious consequences is $250. At least that was the threshold they used for me 15 years ago.

I'm no where near $250--probably not 10% of that. Regardless, the other portals can figure out how to only pay rebates on included items so it's a bit of a stretch to call that fraud.

Can you use the self-checkout at Target to combine several smaller GCs onto a single GC? Or does it absolutely have to be done at customer service? I swear that the lines at customer service are longer than any checkout line and the team members there aren't always well-informed on how to do it.

I want to use my Target GCs online for a large purchase and with the 4 GC limit, I need larger balances on them.

I'm no where near $250--probably not 10% of that. Regardless, the other portals can figure out how to only pay rebates on included items so it's a bit of a stretch to call that fraud.
If I did it, I would hit 10% of that in a week, easy.

If you read the article, the boys took advantage of a coding error for personal gain. The issue at ebates is no different. So there is no stretch because there is precedent.

Can you use the self-checkout at Target to combine several smaller GCs onto a single GC? Or does it absolutely have to be done at customer service? I swear that the lines at customer service are longer than any checkout line and the team members there aren't always well-informed on how to do it.

I want to use my Target GCs online for a large purchase and with the 4 GC limit, I need larger balances on them.
I never tried it, but I would think it is possible. All the clerk at CS is doing is increasing the amount on a GC by applying payments, IE GCs)

If you read the article, the boys took advantage of a coding error for personal gain. The issue at ebates is no different. So there is no stretch because there is precedent.
Except they knew they would get credit for purchases they would never pay for because Nordstrom banned them. If I buy gift cards and socks from Target, I'm entitled to ebates on the socks. It's not my fault ebates/Target can't figure out how not to pay the ebates on the gift cards. To my knowledge, no other portal has this issue.

And why do you call them boys? They were men.

This reminds me of the guy on the Disney cruise Facebook page who says paying with gift cards but getting the redcard discount online is fraud--although we probably won't be prosecuted.

I'm done. Apologies for taking this off topic!

i'm thinking about using Raise to get a couple GCs with their 5% off sale for some items i plan to purchase immediately online - Vans toddler Jungle Book shoes are awesome! - and I've been reading that some use Raise and some avoid resellers....I see that Raise has to verify the card before they complete the transaction and send email to you and that they have a 100% back guarantee, but I'm not seeing the exclusion of e-cards (like on carpool) to their policy. I plan to use the card IMMEDIATELY online after I receive it. Am I correct in thinking that Raise guarantees their e-cards, unlike carpool? Also, is there any other rules of thumb to follow like using the card immediately I should know before I purchase?

More than likely Fatwallet doesn't see the purchases. It's up to the merchant to determine if the order qualifies for commission and how much. Some affiliate programs do show purchases, but many only notify that a sale has been made and the amount of the sale. I belong and have belonged to several affiliate programs and I can't think of one that shows me a person's name and their order details. It's all tracked by cookies. Most merchants also don't pay out right away (to take into account cancellations and returns) which is why some portals have a waiting period before your points/cash credit or a threshold before you cash out.

My opinion, no judgement, but tricking the system so that the portal credits you for the entire amount is not a good idea because the portal is most likely not getting paid for the full amount. In the end, it cuts into their profit and for a smaller portal may lead to their shutdown. They are basically getting paid for the sale and then sharing that with you, if they are paying you more than they're getting paid then that money has to come from somewhere.

I was not able to and was specifically told it had to be done at customer service. Our line is never long, fortunately.

I *REALLY* wish Target would bring back the app that allowed us to combine gift cards. I've combined them myself by using 4 small ones to buy a larger one, but I fear that they will flag/ban my account if I do it too frequently. It can be a PITA to get to the store to combine them because a lot of the associates at my store don't know how to do it. It's really not a big deal for me to do it myself, but I don't want to raise any red flags.

I especially want that app, because I have been buying lots of items that come with $5 and $10 free gift cards.

ETA: It may not be new news, but it is probably new information to our community of churners.

Fat Wallet is actually owned by eBates.

HOLY COW!!:scared1: I just went through my numbers since I started churning through eBay....WOW:faint:!

I've SPENT $396.94, which includes all of the shipping charges from GCM and the initial starting investment of $300 in Target cards, which I bought at a discount from Cardpool and Raise. I've gradually added $150 to the churn using FREE gift cards from Perk, Swagbucks and Target's FWP offers, and I also bought a $100 card using my eBucks. This is what I now have...
...$800 in Target gift cards...
...$100 Hyatt gift card...
...$132.45 in eBates...
...$139 in eBucks...

So I've invested $396.94 and I have acquired $1171.45 in gift cards and cash:cheer2:...that's a 66% savings:banana:!

:disrocks:
wow... that is amazing..

I take it you continued to just repeat the cycle? Target GC to Ebay to Target GC route?

i'm thinking about using Raise to get a couple GCs with their 5% off sale for some items i plan to purchase immediately online - Vans toddler Jungle Book shoes are awesome! - and I've been reading that some use Raise and some avoid resellers....I see that Raise has to verify the card before they complete the transaction and send email to you and that they have a 100% back guarantee, but I'm not seeing the exclusion of e-cards (like on carpool) to their policy. I plan to use the card IMMEDIATELY online after I receive it. Am I correct in thinking that Raise guarantees their e-cards, unlike carpool? Also, is there any other rules of thumb to follow like using the card immediately I should know before I purchase?
i've been using Raise for over a year and have been very satisfied. I have had two occasions where the received card was bad (ecards). I used the chat box on the site and talked to a representative who did their research and saw the card had no balance and gave me a refund. Drawback is you have to wait for your CC company to post the refund, but there were no issues in resolving the situation.

I have used both with no problems, just fyi.
Raise has a 100 day guarantee that you will get what you paid for. https://www.raise.com/return-policy
Cardpool's policy is actually better, because it covers buyer's remorse, but ONLY FOR PHYSICAL CARDS. http://www.cardpool.com/guarantee

I've read the article and it appears that the brothers who were convicted were exploiting a glitch at Nordstrom's and Fatwallet.

They had been barred from shopping online at Nordstrom for making an excessive number of returns and filing claims that items were never delivered. Being barred, any order that they placed online would be immediately canceled by Nordstrom. However, Fatwallet paid them the rebate for the canceled purchase anyway. They repeated this process, never actually completing and order, and collected large sums from Fatwallet.

The one glaring difference between buying GCs on Target and getting a rebate from a shopping portal and what these guys did is that the consumer that is buying the GCs is actually completing a purchase. Whether that absolves the GC purchaser of any wrongdoing is debatable.

Last edited:
I'm a Canadian who travels to the US occasionally. Where is the best place to buy Disney Gift Cards? Disney Store? Can you get them at Costco? Somewhere else? I don't have points from other paces to turn them into gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter