• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did have digital when we were getting shot down at some stores. I'm really thinking about trying a physical one. Does anyone know if you just slide a gift card through the machine or if you have to hand it to the cashier to key in?
You slide the card and hit an "Ok" button. When I handed it to the cashier, he still had to slide it through the machine (and hit the button).

You really need to read, read, read this thread to understand all the different deals, strategies, risks, and quirks with the process. If you're ready to commit to this, start on page 534 (believe it or not, that's only 2 months back). If you want the shortcut, start on page 731.
That's the page I was looking for with Marionnettes explanation! Thank you thank you!

Thank you to all who have posted about eBay not necessarily taking the money from the gift card you think they are. I usually delete mine from my spreadhsheet as soon as my order ships. Well I just went in and checked all the ones I used yesterday ($900 worth) and if I had done my normal routin, I would have deleted the wrong one that I thought had a partial amount remaining on. I probably have deleted money already. Thankfully, I save all the emails from Target where my ebay GC is delivered so I need to set aside a few hours and go through them all.

Not only do I utilize my spreadsheet with the gc numbers, but I also print out each giftcard and put it into a binder I keep. I mark off the balance and date used. I have a sleeve to keep the actual giftcards as well, and use a sharpie to mark off balance/date. I have one section for current giftcards (those with balances) and another section for "used" giftcards. It helps when you end up getting a refund/cancellation on an order...you can go back and adjust as needed. I got an order refunded, and they put it back onto the giftcards I used. I knew exactly which ones were involved in the transaction so there was little confusion. Technology is great but there is something to be said about good old fashioned record keeping.

I received the 8% offer. I put 2 $150 gift cards in my cart. When I go to checkout it summarizes only $8.00 in ebay bucks. What am I missing? I activated the offer.

So I bought 2 $100 Ebay gift cards from Target this morning and had to run out to work. When I get home I received 2 emails from Target, 1 for each gift card. I open them up and print out the gift cards and go to ebay to make my purchase. I put in the gift card id for the 1st card, no problem. I put in the 2nd id number from the 2nd card and nothing. Okay, my eye sight is not that good any more I screwed up. I reenter the number again and nothing. I look at the 2nd card and the ID # is same as the 1st card. They sent me the same card twice. Anyone ever have this problem before??

I received the 8% offer. I put 2 $150 gift cards in my cart. When I go to checkout it summarizes only $8.00 in ebay bucks. What am I missing? I activated the offer.
This happened to me as well. I hit the back arrow and then clicked the checkout button again and it showed the correct ebucks.

So I bought 2 $100 Ebay gift cards from Target this morning and had to run out to work. When I get home I received 2 emails from Target, 1 for each gift card. I open them up and print out the gift cards and go to ebay to make my purchase. I put in the gift card id for the 1st card, no problem. I put in the 2nd id number from the 2nd card and nothing. Okay, my eye sight is not that good any more I screwed up. I reenter the number again and nothing. I look at the 2nd card and the ID # is same as the 1st card. They sent me the same card twice. Anyone ever have this problem before??

I did the same thing on my first order. Scroll down and you'll see your other card below the one you printed. I assumed that each email was for ea h card but all of the cards are one one email, for some reason they send 2 emails if you order 2 cards, 3 if you order 3, etc. Hope that helps

Not only do I utilize my spreadsheet with the gc numbers, but I also print out each giftcard and put it into a binder I keep. I mark off the balance and date used. I have a sleeve to keep the actual giftcards as well, and use a sharpie to mark off balance/date. I have one section for current giftcards (those with balances) and another section for "used" giftcards. It helps when you end up getting a refund/cancellation on an order...you can go back and adjust as needed. I got an order refunded, and they put it back onto the giftcards I used. I knew exactly which ones were involved in the transaction so there was little confusion. Technology is great but there is something to be said about good old fashioned record keeping.

I like good old fashioned record keeping too. I have a very elaborate spreadsheet to track everything, but I also print out my e-gift cards and my order confirmations. All my gift cards get numbered so I can easily match them to my spreadsheet and know when I purchased them and when I spent them. I staple the paper copies of the e-gift cards to the order confirmations so if there is a problem with the order, I have all the info handy. The physical Target gift cards I buy from GCM are also numbered. When they are used I record the date and amount that was spent in my spreadsheet and store them in a container. When this is all over and I finally cash in for Disney Gift cards, I'll probably shred everything, but meanwhile I like seeing the physical evidence of my progress towards an almost free Disney trip.

Just wanted to share my GS experience. I purchased a $100.00 digital GS GC from PPDG with eBay GC perfectly fine. Arrived in my e-mail.

Got off work yesterday, GF and I went to the GS by my work and they wouldn't even attempt it because they said corporate doesn't allow digital GC to purchase other GC. I was disappointed because it was my first GS GC, but my GF was excited that she would get to use it for her Pop Figures. Today I got off work and stopped by the GS by my house. The cashier greeted me and wanted to help me. So I asked what's their story policy with purchasing other GC with GS GC, they were perfectly fine with it! Even walked me over and helped me find it. Handed my phone with the code and it worked.

Extremely YMMV. But so far I really like my local GS by house. Might try it again.

No eBucks offer for me (first time I didn't get one:sad1:) so I am glad that I decided to use $300 and take advantage of the increased eBates yesterday. I still have $400 in eBay gift cards in case an offer does drop into my inbox.

Just wanted to share my GS experience. I purchased a $100.00 digital GS GC from PPDG with eBay GC perfectly fine. Arrived in my e-mail.

Got off work yesterday, GF and I went to the GS by my work and they wouldn't even attempt it because they said corporate doesn't allow digital GC to purchase other GC. I was disappointed because it was my first GS GC, but my GF was excited that she would get to use it for her Pop Figures. Today I got off work and stopped by the GS by my house. The cashier greeted me and wanted to help me. So I asked what's their story policy with purchasing other GC with GS GC, they were perfectly fine with it! Even walked me over and helped me find it. Handed my phone with the code and it worked.

Extremely YMMV. But so far I really like my local GS by house. Might try it again.

Nice.

Since the GameStop is very YMMV, you can just go to a different location and there's a good chance they'll do it. The only thing that will suck is if the general manager in the area is strict about these kinds of things.

I leave too soon to go through this process for this trip, but if I am going to buy some Disney gc before I leave should I use the 8x offer that I got today to at least do Target gc? Then use my red card and the gc to save

I tried it today with the cards I got yesterday, and it would not scan :( I had still printed them just in case and he used those to punch in the numbers like usual.

Nice.

Since the GameStop is very YMMV, you can just go to a different location and there's a good chance they'll do it. The only thing that will suck is if the general manager in the area is strict about these kinds of things.
So there may be a little workaround required, Target and PPDG are just as quirky. They can all be time consuming, annoying and there are no guaranties, for me it boils down to my comfort level of being stuck with one over the other.

Does anyone have 2 eBay accounts linked to the same PayPal? Do you use whichever gets the offers & just keep track to not go over the $500 limit? I opened a new eBay acct when I wasn't getting any of the offers & then started getting them on the old acct & have never used the new one. Today my new acct got the bonus offer but not the one I use. Would you go ahead & do the offer on the new acct or just skip it and wait for one on the one I normally use? I was debating closing the new acct since I'd never used it but now am not sure what to do since it got the bonus. What would you do?

I tend to be a bit more on preferring the old-fashioned method also. I may adopt your binder method as this sounds better for me. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter