• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have problems with PPDG doing it? I wanted to do that by don't want any issues.

So far I have not. They arrived pretty quickly. I have not spent them yet, so no idea if I will run into any issues there. I had $337 so I bought $200, $100, and $30, and have some leftover.

Question - I am churning to pay for food & tickets for our trip. Is there a way to convert my churned money into something to purchase through undercover tourist in the end? Visa gift card?? (even though there is a fee) Undercover tourist is about $675 cheaper than Disney's website for what I need (want). Even with a 6% fee, I'd still save about $500.

Can someone please help me, we are going on our Disneymoon May 1 so it's too late for me to start churning for this trip but I'd like to start with $100 for our next trip. Can someone tell me the page with "Most Helpful Posts" to get started churning or tell me where I should begin - I did get the Ebucks 8% today. Thanks so much!

Question - I am churning to pay for food & tickets for our trip. Is there a way to convert my churned money into something to purchase through undercover tourist in the end? Visa gift card?? (even though there is a fee) Undercover tourist is about $675 cheaper than Disney's website for what I need (want). Even with a 6% fee, I'd still save about $500.
I believe target sells Visa cards online so you could eventually cash out for those instead of Disney cards I would think.
Out of curiousity how is the cost savings so dramatic? I've always seen their ticket prices are generally only around $20 off Disney per ticket (give or take)-did I miss something?

ETA-I have never bought one (because of the fee and no 5% off) and other posters think you cannot but them with a target gift card so might want to look into that first.

Last edited:
Can someone please help me, we are going on our Disneymoon May 1 so it's too late for me to start churning for this trip but I'd like to start with $100 for our next trip. Can someone tell me the page with "Most Helpful Posts" to get started churning or tell me where I should begin - I did get the Ebucks 8% today. Thanks so much!

Basically start at about 100 pages back and read all of them. Its time consuming but necessary. There are too many details to the process to just jump in.
The basic idea is Target --> Ebay--> (rinse and repeat) and ultimately Disney.

I believe target sells Visa cards online so you could eventually cash out for those instead of Disney cards I would think.

I would imagine the fees would negate the UT savings. Usually they range from 6.95-8.95 or so per card.

You really need to read, read, read this thread to understand all the different deals, strategies, risks, and quirks with the process. If you're ready to commit to this, start on page 534 (believe it or not, that's only 2 months back). If you want the shortcut, start on page 731.

I would imagine the fees would negate the UT savings. Usually they range from 6.95-8.95 or so per card.
I agree but the poster seemed to think it would save them money buying them so I mentioned it-they seemed aware there was a 6% service fee ($6 per $100 card)

I agree but the poster seemed to think it would save them money buying them so I mentioned it-they seemed aware there was a 6% service fee ($6 per $100 card)
I could be wrong but I thought you couldn't buy those with a gift card? Or is it just that you don't get the 5% off?

I could be wrong but I thought you couldn't buy those with a gift card? Or is it just that you don't get the 5% off?
maybe you can't-I've never tried because I didn't think they qualify for 5% off and they have a fee. I just convert to Disney cards

Aha...I messed up and had an extra 5 day ticket in my cart. That's one way to get over the sticker shock! Yes, no significant savings doing this.

Aha...I messed up and had an extra 5 day ticket in my cart. That's one way to get over the sticker shock! Yes, no significant savings doing this.
Glad you figured that out :)
We had bought discount tickets from AAA in the past but it was nothing compared to the discount using grocery store/ebay/target/Disney churning :)

Through churning, I was able to get 2 7-day park hopper tickets with the water parks for . . . free! These tickets won't expire like the new tickets, so we plan to hold on to these and probably won't use them on our next trip. But our Disneyland tickets for November will also be free. Actually, everything but about $400 of our DL trip will be free as well, using churning, hotel points and airline credits!

If I can figure out a way to post an Excel spreadsheet on here, would someone be willing to take a look at it and let me know what I am doing wrong?

Believe it or not, I used to work in accounting (about 15 years ago), but since I've become disabled and on a drawer full of medications, my brain just doesn't work the way it used to. I simply cannot wrap my mind around these calculations. I think I'm missing accounting for some savings/cash in my totals. I can't figure out how to account for the 5% savings from Target.

Just a note that I was able to again go into my Gamestop store an hour ago and purchase a $500 ebay gc with my GS gc's I bought from PPDG with DD25's ebucks(finally!), and again all went well. Wish it was working that way for all the GS's so some of you didn't have problems!

Still bummed about no promo today.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a consolidated Disney gc from the disneygiftcards website? DO they send a physical gift card or is it an e-giftcard?

With the 4x promo today I got $550 in Target for my DL tickets needed by June 7th. I will need to consolidate Disney GCs prior to going and buy my park tickets online (E-delivery).

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a consolidated Disney gc from the disneygiftcards website? DO they send a physical gift card or is it an e-giftcard?

With the 4x promo today I got $550 in Target for my DL tickets needed by June 7th. I will need to consolidate Disney GCs prior to going and buy my park tickets online (E-delivery).
You just transfer the balance. For example, if you have 10 $50 giftcards, pick one, then you transfer the balance of the remaining 9 to that one you've chosen. You retain possession of the gift card and the balances.

@smellyia - consolidating giftcards on Disney's site is pretty much instant, you use an exiting gc and move your other balances to it, and you should be able to use them to pay for anything on Disney's websites or in their stores with it! Each card can only hold $1000 fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter