Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I feel too guilty buying little rulers and such. I've bought lined paper, which I actually need/use, and I've started buying tissue paper and gift bags which I need for things for our wedding anyways.

What a neat link. Do you know if there is a link to check the balance on a specific card? I've wanted to be able to see if my cards were a
Has anyone used Best Buy rewards to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy? I got an offer for my cc and I could get a $50 reward, I would like to use it for a Disney gc.

Yes, we had $190 in Best Buy rewards dollars and used them to buy $200 in Disney gift cards, only having to pay the $10 difference. In their terms, it excluded Best Buy gift cards, but all others are good.

Well, that does help some, thank you...

I guess what jumps out at me is the $10,000 spend at one time. Trying to do that Ebay churn of $10k meant you bought Ebay cards worth $10k at Target (bought first at Raise?), flipped them at Ebay, then bought $10k worth of Disney at Target again a week later. That's $20k of gift card spend on other gift cards in a short time. That would look like a reseller to anyone.

FWIW, I'm sure you'll get your DVA money back one way or the other. They can be slow, but they're not going to steal your funds. I wouldn't stress about this.
No that is not correct. I bought the permitted maximum per 6 months on eBay. I bought $5000 in target gift cards and so did my husband. All above board. And bough Disney with them on target. Again all above board. No resale. And it is exactly what I said. I appear as a reseller but I am not. So beware that it could happen to anyone

I'll continue, but only with legit items that I actually want. No more repeating of a generic item. Besides I feel terrible when I receive that cardboard box that cost them $5 to ship -- it's truly wasteful. So I'm out of the cheap item cycle.

I agree! When I got that huge box with a tiny ruler, I felt really bad - though Target needs to come up with a more efficient way to ship those things. So, I am varying my purchases, and when possible, requesting in-store pick up of the add-ons.

No that is not correct. I bought the permitted maximum per 6 months on eBay. I bought $5000 in target gift cards and so did my husband. All above board. And bough Disney with them on target. Again all above board. No resale. And it is exactly what I said. I appear as a reseller but I am not. So beware that it could happen to anyone
Perhaps but again it seems like buying $30,000 or however much in gift cards (between target and eBay) could have been the issue. I haven't heard of many people spending that much per year on target.com.

I'll continue, but only with legit items that I actually want. No more repeating of a generic item. Besides I feel terrible when I receive that cardboard box that cost them $5 to ship -- it's truly wasteful. So I'm out of the cheap item cycle.

Me too! The final straw was getting a 6"x9" bubble mailer shipped inside a good sized box. Since then I've had fun searching out items that I can really use. By the time I'm ready to cash in for my Disney Gift Cards, there won't be a worn towel in my house.

My goodness- I didn't think I'd have to hold my breath after every gift card purchase but now I do. I for sure thought this most recent order was going to be cancelled since it took so long to get the gift cards. $600 worth of eBay gift cards plus a bunch of clothes/sandals (20% deal) and coffee ($5 gift card with purchase of 3). I didn't receive my gift cards until 4 1/2 hours later.

I just want this round of buying gift cards to be over. I have $2,400 worth of Target cards,(of which about $400 is from resellers :guilty:) now $800 worth of eBay and after I convert these eBay cards around $200 in Ebay Bucks. So close to $3,600 if I convert them to Disney now/after next eBay Bucks go out. All of this accumulated in the last 4 months. And I still need $2,000 more for my cruise :scared:

I just wish Target were a little more clear on what they don't want to see done. Or really do some research on those being banned. I wonder why one buyer was told to fax in their information and another was just told to "check the policies."

Well, I feel bad for those who have been banned from Target.com, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am eventually banned as well. I feel like I am small potatoes compared to some folks out there but just for fun I decided to total up all the gift card purchases I've made from Target. I am at $9,525 total since last August. This includes all my Target/eBay churns, purchasing discounted Target cards during promos, combining Target cards, and buying Southwest cards for airfare. I can see how this adds up very quickly. Even though I am not holding $9,525 of gift cards in my hands, it's the churning that is adding up for me. Oh, well, if I'm banned, then I'm banned. It won't be the end of the world for me personally, but like I said, it just is really unfortunate for those who have had this happen to them.
Good luck to everyone. It's so nice to breath that sigh of relief when everything goes through without a hitch!

GCM is getting faster with the shipping. The order I placed on 2/17 just arrived, even though estimated arrival was not until this Friday. 3 whole days early!

Now, do I hold them for a bit or convert back to eBay right away so I'll be ready if there's another extra eBucks promo? I'm not churning large amounts or using any GC's purchased from resellers but I still don't want my account flagged for suspicious activity.

Just because of all the "concern" over target bans. I Just purchased my Disney GCs with Target GCs through the website with my redcard as my default. I made my purchases every other day and have received ALL my GCs with no trouble. This was my FIRST purchase through the website, but I have been using my redcard for about a year in store. (I know none of this is important information, just wanted to let anyone questioning the process know that it still works!! Its my attempt at a good review in the midst of a load of bad ones lately!!!!)

For those that are completely eliminating Ebates from their formula (I have because it never worked for me) you can use MyPoints. It doesn't give nearly as good of a return value but I've made 10 gift card only purchases and every single one of them has been credited by MyPoints without issue. It's 2 points per $1 spent and takes a minimum of 1,750 points for a ($10) Target gift card. So, you have to spend $875 just to get $10 ($2,000 for $25 or $3,900 to get $50) but it's better than a $0 return :)

GCM is getting faster with the shipping. The order I placed on 2/17 just arrived, even though estimated arrival was not until this Friday. 3 whole days early!

Now, do I hold them for a bit or convert back to eBay right away so I'll be ready if there's another extra eBucks promo? I'm not churning large amounts or using any GC's purchased from resellers but I still don't want my account flagged for suspicious activity.

I received mine quickly this time as well - nice surprise! As quickly as Target cards are selling out on eBay these days, I think I would go ahead and convert to eBay. Nothing worse than watching Target cards sell out while you're waiting for your eBay gift cards to activate.

For those that are completely eliminating Ebates from their formula (I have because it never worked for me) you can use MyPoints. It doesn't give nearly as good of a return value but I've made 10 gift card only purchases and every single one of them has been credited by MyPoints without issue. It's 2 points per $1 spent and takes a minimum of 1,750 points for a ($10) Target gift card. So, you have to spend $875 just to get $10 ($2,000 for $25 or $3,900 to get $50) but it's better than a $0 return :)
There are lots of other ways to earn MyPoints - paid click e-mails, surveys, watching videos, searching through their site, etc. So you don't necessarily have to spend that much to earn enough points to get a GC.

There is nothing illegal about reselling, but just because something is legal doesn't mean Target is ok with you doing it.

Loss leaders mean stores lose a little bit of money on a really good deal to get you to buy other things that they'll make money on. Grocery stores have them all the time - they sell items below cost, but they limit the number you can buy. I can bet if you tried to find a way to buy $10,000 worth of Pepsi at a steep discount at your local store, they'd refuse your business. This is Target's way of shutting off the hose - they're fairly certain they won't make back the money they've lost on all the discounts - in fact, based on the buying pattern, they're probably guessing they'll just keep losing money.

We're all trying to find how to walk the line between taking advantage of a loophole and being seen as abusing the system by Target. Thank you Susan for posting your experience here as a warning and for trying to provide information as to what you think might've gone wrong. We're all a bit tense, too, that the gravy train could end for us, so what might feel like very direct comments from some posters come from trying to really nail down specific activities and levels that will tip Target to shut down a user's access to Target .com.

There are lots of other ways to earn MyPoints - paid click e-mails, surveys, watching videos, searching through their site, etc. So you don't necessarily have to spend that much to earn enough points to get a GC.

Yes, sorry, I meant to tag that disclaimer on the end.

I get 100 points per month for doing 41 searches through their search and earn tab. And I also do the click e-mails (email is linked to my phone so I do these while I'm waiting in the pick-up lane at school ;) ). And I try to remember to print my coupons through them (they use the coupons.com portal) for 10 points per coupon used in stores. There have been times that they have had a better payout for things vs Ebates and Swagbucks as well doing shop and earn.

Well, I feel bad for those who have been banned from Target.com, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am eventually banned as well. I feel like I am small potatoes compared to some folks out there but just for fun I decided to total up all the gift card purchases I've made from Target. I am at $9,525 total since last August. This includes all my Target/eBay churns, purchasing discounted Target cards during promos, combining Target cards, and buying Southwest cards for airfare. I can see how this adds up very quickly. Even though I am not holding $9,525 of gift cards in my hands, it's the churning that is adding up for me. Oh, well, if I'm banned, then I'm banned. It won't be the end of the world for me personally, but like I said, it just is really unfortunate for those who have had this happen to them.
Good luck to everyone. It's so nice to breath that sigh of relief when everything goes through without a hitch!
I combined a bunch of $5 gift cards online so that I could use them easier in purchases. Wont do that anymore, will take them in store instead. I agree I feel like small potatoes, but when I think of how many Disney gift cards I have bought, it does add up very quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter