Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only intention was to alert anyone who buys a lot of card to beware. I see now why so many people left this site and went to another one, stating people are too mean and ugly. And you are. Why do you care what I bought? I also spent thousands on household items and bedding and electronics and gifts at Christmas for 6 grandchildren. Whatever raised a red flag I don't know. But it's over, it's done. Why are you finger pointing at me? Do you think I only shop at Target for ebates? I also shop at Chico's and Macy's and UGG and Tom's and Kohl's and Toys R Us and Lands End and Eddie Bauer and Etsy and JoAnn and Organic on line stores and BonTon and Nordic Track and Walmart and more. What is this "She said" She did She is She bla bla bla. Why flame me? Jealous of a senior citizen who is able to take the trips of a lifetime late in life? Trying to find fault with me? What is your goal? I don't know looks like you are on the bitter bus for some reason. Good bye Felicia.

No one is finger pointing, we just want to get a picture of what happened. All we know is you ran a huge amount of gift cards, but only did so via 10% off options? And you say you don't even know what Ebay churn is yet that is most of what this thread is about. Obviously you were running at some discount, using some of the means discussed. Also I think it was you who posted on another thread about a DVA refund not working and having lots of problems there... Maybe you are going overboard with payment methods. And you work fast... and big... and you do this at lots of stores, so you are quite a professional deal-seeker. Anyways. Sorry for your situation, but anything you can offer out here as to what you think the real cause of the ban is, would be helpful. And you keep saying you're just a victimized, retired RN (as if that matters), after having made thousands of dollars off of Target... That is perhaps mis-portraying yourself. You seem to be living well, with cash to spend, and watch these forums, and invest where you think there is money to be made. Swiftly and aggressively, on many sites. You are hardly the helpless senior. :) I would go with bold, resourceful hawk. If you really did get banned, maybe it was for some other reason (?) But we don't know what you actually did. If you are not banned, then maybe (since you are posting fear here and posting fear in the DVA thread) you are drumming up fear about this or that "good deal", perhaps to discourage general use. I dunno, I can't get a good read.

Last edited:
My only intention was to alert anyone who buys a lot of card to beware. I see now why so many people left this site and went to another one, stating people are too mean and ugly. And you are. Why do you care what I bought? I also spent thousands on household items and bedding and electronics and gifts at Christmas for 6 grandchildren. Whatever raised a red flag I don't know. But it's over, it's done. Why are you finger pointing at me? Do you think I only shop at Target for ebates? I also shop at Chico's and Macy's and UGG and Tom's and Kohl's and Toys R Us and Lands End and Eddie Bauer and Etsy and JoAnn and Organic on line stores and BonTon and Nordic Track and Walmart and more. What is this "She said" She did She is She bla bla bla. Why flame me? Jealous of a senior citizen who is able to take the trips of a lifetime late in life? Trying to find fault with me? What is your goal? I don't know looks like you are on the bitter bus for some reason. Good bye Felicia.
WOW! Just plain wow!

What you see as flaming, I see as an attempt to get a handle on what kind of activity will get you banned on Target .com. No one here cares what you're spending your Disney GCs on or how you can afford to buy them. But when you come on here with a warning for others and say that you did not do A or wasn't even aware of B when your own posts contradict those statements, it isn't a helpful warning.

I think the poster meant she got banned from target once she started using ebates (not that she only used ebates once).

That is correct. I saw that post about adding a ruler to your purchase to get ebates, and so I did on my last batch of purchases. I did that in December when I bought a lot of gift cards to finish paying our trip in full. I would gladly give back any ebates to Target. The $300 came mostly from Chico's.

Her post said "only once did I add something to my orders."

I don't think anyone was attaching her or jealous. It was just confusing and as marionette pointed out in playing detective we are trying to get the facts straight.
I totally get it. I just thought maybe she misworded her post.
Now I'm now worried my activity will get me banned too. Luckily Target is less than a mile away and don't rely too much Target.com for anything other than gift cards. So if I end up getting banned it will only effect my Disney discount :(

WOW! Just plain wow!

What you see as flaming, I see as an attempt to get a handle on what kind of activity will get you banned on Target .com. No one here cares what you're spending your Disney GCs on or how you can afford to buy them. But when you come on here with a warning for others and say that you did not do A or wasn't even aware of B when your own posts contradict those statements, it isn't a helpful warning.
You obviously do care. Or you wouldn't be so nasty and attacking me. It is a caution to be careful what you buy, where you buy and not to take advice that may end up hurting you. Enough said.

Has anyone used Best Buy rewards to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy? I got an offer for my cc and I could get a $50 reward, I would like to use it for a Disney gc.
Varying degrees of success. If it's a Best Buy reward certificate from their rewards program and not a Best Buy GC, it should work. If it's a GC, then YMMV.

I totally get it. I just thought maybe she misworded her post.
Now I'm now worried my activity will get me banned too. Luckily Target is less than a mile away and don't rely too much Target.com for anything other than gift cards. So if I end up getting banned it will only effect my Disney discount :(
Me too. I like being able to order online but target is everywhere in central va. I have used the ebates loophole a few times, bought some eBay gift cards and bought $2,500 of Disney gift cards in the past year--always paying with gift card but getting the red card discount. Nothing unusual compared with others on this thread but I realize I could be banned.

You obviously do care. Or you wouldn't be so nasty and attacking me. It is a caution to be careful what you buy, where you buy and not to take advice that may end up hurting you. Enough said.
Okay. I'm done trying to get at the root as to why you were banned on Target .com. You're apparently under a bit of stress from this and the DVA mix up. I wish you luck in straightening out both. Have an enjoyable vacation.

I stopped going through ebates for target. I did do the ruler a few times and a few other items as well around Christmas time when I read about it. But when I also read about people getting banned I decided not to do it anymore. I am still happy to get the gift cards at a discount. I haven't bought any from raise. I have only bought them from target until last week first time buying from gcm on eBay. I am going to space my orders out a bit and try not to draw attention. I don't want to get banned and my closest target is 30 minutes away.

Has anyone used Best Buy rewards to buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy? I got an offer for my cc and I could get a $50 reward, I would like to use it for a Disney gc.
I did this around Christmas but when I got my next reward my best buy didn't have any Disney gift cards anymore so I bought an iTunes one instead. Next time I am going to get eBay!

No one is finger pointing, we just want to get a picture of what happened. All we know is you somehow ran up a huge amount of gift cards over a year, but only did so via 10% off options? And you say you don't even know what Ebay churn is yet that is most of what this thread is about. Obviously you were running at some discount, likely using many of the means discussed here. It's not helpful to say you are banned but then be secretive. Also I think it was you who posted on another thread about a DVA refund not working and having lots of problems there... so it seems to me that you are going overboard with all these payment methods. And you work fast... and big... and you do this at lots of stores, so you are quite a professional deal-seeker. I'm guessing (don't know) that you bought tons from Target as in way more than you do even on the Disney stuff. But I dunno. Anyways. Sorry for your situation, but anything you can offer out here as to what you think the real cause of the ban is, would be helpful.

I regret ever having posted here as I am not a negative person and would not attack as a couple of you have. I am not secretive. I have said it just like it happened. Found out about ebates before ever buying a gift card and like using them. Great way to save money. Then I found on this site how to get a deal on discounted DGC. I was burned by one of the sites recommended the first time I tried it. Cards were not valid. Didn't know about getting 5% off using a target card until I saw it here. Shopped at Target a lot but never for GC's. So, we discussed it and decided if it would save us money on this huge trip to try it. Used cardcash and raise like I said. Then used those target cards like recommended to get my DGC at a discount with my red card. ok. So, discussed it again, and decided that it was a great deal to save 10-18-20 % on DGC so, I read more. Just kept buying here and there, and then I read about the deal on I think ebay was selling Target cards. The limit for purchasing on ebay is $5000 per account. So we used $10000 to buy cards to save money. Nothing illegal. As I said, we were given a very nice inheritence. We are OLD, in our mid 60's and know that our time on this earth is limited. I retired from my RN hospice job and was just collecting SS and my retirement. My husband still works. I have seen death come to so many people younger than we are. We decided that we wanted to go all out. You see we were childhood sweethearts, neighbors, best friends from 2nd grade to 8th grade when I moved. We re met after almost 50 years of not seeing each otherthrough my father in law. Married at 63, and now we are living out the life we always wanted. So, like I said, I suggested we take my BIL and SIL with us on this wonderful trip, as he has prostate cancer, terminal, non operable, non treatable that had spread. He has had it for 2 years now. Saw on this board that you could open a DVA and leave the money in there and get a gift card for every $1000 you use towards Disney. Discussed that and decided what do we have to lose. So I began taking the gift cards and making them into $1000 cards and putting them into the account along with a monthly deposit from our bank account. Saw on here that Target usually has discounted target gift cards black Friday, but I didn't see that happen, then I think near Christmas it did happen. And I did what anyone else would have done. Bought on line, and then we went through the target check out once and got those cards, and used them on target.com to buy disney gc's. Late December we got another chunk of money in our inheritence and it was time to add to the DVA as final payment was soon due on the cruise and ABD. So I saw that you could get an ebate from target if you added something else to your purchase of gc's. I had not ever bought anything along with my gc's from Target. Bought lots of stuff from Target, but didn't buy them together. Of course my daughter who are adults were saying, are you sure this is legal? This doesn't sound right. I said well, it isn't illegal that I am aware of, and other do it. so I did too. And I did add a rule to my cart several times when i remembered to do it, as getting older I often forget, and saw that I was getting a rebate. Humm, didn't know that it was such a good idea, but I did it. So, I had all of my money in my DVA and paid in full just OUR trip which was $18,000 owed on ours, but in my BIL got sick. I didn't pay theirs in full because he was near death. He survived sepsis, a burst gall bladder, and developed back pain, perhaps metastases. But we waited it out until the last minute and before final payment was due, I cancelled our reservations and rescheduled a one bedroom concierge on a 3 day cruise for just us, the vow renewal, 2 nights at Grand Floridian concierge, the Disney Fairytale Wedding Photography shoot at MK and AK, and 2 more days at the Boardwalk upon return. This gave me a $14000 credit due back to me in original form of payment, which I assumed was DVA. I also used DVA to schedule an ABD in Scotland. This is my husband's ancestory. So, I am waiting for my refund from cancelling on 2.2. Saw I was getting an ebates of $300 on 2/15, pretty amazing, but I had bought all new wardrobes as I have been on a weight loss program since June. The problem with DVA is that I had to call numerous times to ask when I would see a refund. Finally a very nice man named Kevin from the DCL said he saw that it was coming back in 6 payments to these different accounts and all he had was the last 4 numbers. One was our Disney Visa, two were to my DVA, and the others I had to search back through my gift cards to find out that I had $1000 on two cards. Had I not called and asked, I never would have known that these cards were reinstated. That is my biggest complaint with DVA. So since 2/2 there is $7 grand missing from my refund that was supposed to go into my DVA. Called and called and now 2 different accounting departments don't know why it won't go back to my DVA, so they might send me a check. I am to find out today. Also a few weeks ago I asked to withdraw $4000 from my DVA. I wanted to give gift cards to my grands and daughters. They responded immediately and asked if I had the cards, yes I did, and they said let us know the numbers on the cards and how you want it back. I asked for 1000 on one card and 250 on others and double typed in the card numbers so I wouldn't make a mistake. I got an email back saying that would take too long, and here are 4 $1000 cards, to go to the DGC website and arrange them however I want. That was a false statement, you can't do that. You can only transfer full amounts. It made me angry because a lot of my cards I put in were in $100 and $50 denominations as I got tired of using the DGC site to combine cards. Ok, so this Sat I was ordering Crest white strips and a tv streamer for my iphone on Target.com and all of my orders were immediately cancelled. I called and was told the items were not available. Next day I tried again, and my orders were immediately cancelled. Couldn't understand why. I did misplace my red card and had to get another one. I had also overpaid my red card by $150 or $250 by accidentally paying it on line twice. See, like I said, I am old and forgetful and screw things up. So I called red card and they said no the orders are fine and my card is fine and they put me through to orders. That person researched and said he had to get someone else, and then someone else, and finally like I said, I was told I can no longer shop on target.com, I am welcome to shop in the store and my redcard is fine, but no more on line. I asked why and was told they didn't know. I said did I do something wrong, and was told yes, but he didn't know what. Told me to go to the rules/regs page. I was in shock about it, and feel like I am a criminal or whatever, but if I am I want to repay whatever it is they want. Nope, can't. Googled being banned from target.com and gift cards and found others were too, and also the article i mentioned about people waiting in line and getting in fights over buying designer children's clothing and reselling it. So I am assuming they think I am making a living by reselling cards. No, just looking for a way to be frugal and save money. Would I do it again? No. I am retired so I have time to research and find things, and it is time consuming. Ikept records of all I ordered and what I paid to keep track and I kept all the cards, fortunately. So here I am, this is my story, I am banned from walmart.com and still waiting for my $7,000 refund to pay for our Scotland trip. I hope we live long enough to have this fairytale adventure. Am I extravagant? You bet I am. Never was a day in my life until I found my prince. He was a bachelor for 29 years and I had a 30 year unhappy marriage that I was recovering from. My father knew my husband all his life and before my dad died, he said he could finally go to his grave knowing that I was with the man God had chosen for me, and that I would be well cared for and loved. My husband is frugal and had never even been to Disney until I came into his life. We were married on the Magic in the Mediterranean. I had never been out of the country prior to this. I am not a bad person, just someone who values life, has seen a lot, held a lot of dying people in my arms, and want to live my fairytale before I die. My children are so happy for us, and my life is wonderful. I was only trying to warn others not to do what I did. I loved shopping on walmart.com. So, that's my story, it's my truth and you can go back and check anything I said previously. It's all there.

Ay Caramba! I beg you, please go back in and edit this with some paragraph breaks. This is too hard on the eyes to read. :magnify:

I regret ever having posted here as I am not a negative person and would not attack as a couple of you have. I am not secretive. I have said it just like it happened. Found out about ebates before ever buying a gift card and like using them. Great way to save money. Then I found on this site how to get a deal on discounted DGC. I was burned by one of the sites recommended the first time I tried it. Cards were not valid. Didn't know about getting 5% off using a target card until I saw it here. Shopped at Target a lot but never for GC's. So, we discussed it and decided if it would save us money on this huge trip to try it. Used cardcash and raise like I said. Then used those target cards like recommended to get my DGC at a discount with my red card. ok. So, discussed it again, and decided that it was a great deal to save 10-18-20 % on DGC so, I read more. Just kept buying here and there, and then I read about the deal on I think ebay was selling Target cards. The limit for purchasing on ebay is $5000 per account. So we used $10000 to buy cards to save money. Nothing illegal. As I said, we were given a very nice inheritence. We are OLD, in our mid 60's and know that our time on this earth is limited. I retired from my RN hospice job and was just collecting SS and my retirement. My husband still works. I have seen death come to so many people younger than we are. We decided that we wanted to go all out. You see we were childhood sweethearts, neighbors, best friends from 2nd grade to 8th grade when I moved. We re met after almost 50 years of not seeing each otherthrough my father in law. Married at 63, and now we are living out the life we always wanted. So, like I said, I suggested we take my BIL and SIL with us on this wonderful trip, as he has prostate cancer, terminal, non operable, non treatable that had spread. He has had it for 2 years now. Saw on this board that you could open a DVA and leave the money in there and get a gift card for every $1000 you use towards Disney. Discussed that and decided what do we have to lose. So I began taking the gift cards and making them into $1000 cards and putting them into the account along with a monthly deposit from our bank account. Saw on here that Target usually has discounted target gift cards black Friday, but I didn't see that happen, then I think near Christmas it did happen. And I did what anyone else would have done. Bought on line, and then we went through the target check out once and got those cards, and used them on target.com to buy disney gc's. Late December we got another chunk of money in our inheritence and it was time to add to the DVA as final payment was soon due on the cruise and ABD. So I saw that you could get an ebate from target if you added something else to your purchase of gc's. I had not ever bought anything along with my gc's from Target. Bought lots of stuff from Target, but didn't buy them together. Of course my daughter who are adults were saying, are you sure this is legal? This doesn't sound right. I said well, it isn't illegal that I am aware of, and other do it. so I did too. And I did add a rule to my cart several times when i remembered to do it, as getting older I often forget, and saw that I was getting a rebate. Humm, didn't know that it was such a good idea, but I did it. So, I had all of my money in my DVA and paid in full just OUR trip which was $18,000 owed on ours, but in my BIL got sick. I didn't pay theirs in full because he was near death. He survived sepsis, a burst gall bladder, and developed back pain, perhaps metastases. But we waited it out until the last minute and before final payment was due, I cancelled our reservations and rescheduled a one bedroom concierge on a 3 day cruise for just us, the vow renewal, 2 nights at Grand Floridian concierge, the Disney Fairytale Wedding Photography shoot at MK and AK, and 2 more days at the Boardwalk upon return. This gave me a $14000 credit due back to me in original form of payment, which I assumed was DVA. I also used DVA to schedule an ABD in Scotland. This is my husband's ancestory. So, I am waiting for my refund from cancelling on 2.2. Saw I was getting an ebates of $300 on 2/15, pretty amazing, but I had bought all new wardrobes as I have been on a weight loss program since June. The problem with DVA is that I had to call numerous times to ask when I would see a refund. Finally a very nice man named Kevin from the DCL said he saw that it was coming back in 6 payments to these different accounts and all he had was the last 4 numbers. One was our Disney Visa, two were to my DVA, and the others I had to search back through my gift cards to find out that I had $1000 on two cards. Had I not called and asked, I never would have known that these cards were reinstated. That is my biggest complaint with DVA. So since 2/2 there is $7 grand missing from my refund that was supposed to go into my DVA. Called and called and now 2 different accounting departments don't know why it won't go back to my DVA, so they might send me a check. I am to find out today. Also a few weeks ago I asked to withdraw $4000 from my DVA. I wanted to give gift cards to my grands and daughters. They responded immediately and asked if I had the cards, yes I did, and they said let us know the numbers on the cards and how you want it back. I asked for 1000 on one card and 250 on others and double typed in the card numbers so I wouldn't make a mistake. I got an email back saying that would take too long, and here are 4 $1000 cards, to go to the DGC website and arrange them however I want. That was a false statement, you can't do that. You can only transfer full amounts. It made me angry because a lot of my cards I put in were in $100 and $50 denominations as I got tired of using the DGC site to combine cards. Ok, so this Sat I was ordering Crest white strips and a tv streamer for my iphone on Target.com and all of my orders were immediately cancelled. I called and was told the items were not available. Next day I tried again, and my orders were immediately cancelled. Couldn't understand why. I did misplace my red card and had to get another one. I had also overpaid my red card by $150 or $250 by accidentally paying it on line twice. See, like I said, I am old and forgetful and screw things up. So I called red card and they said no the orders are fine and my card is fine and they put me through to orders. That person researched and said he had to get someone else, and then someone else, and finally like I said, I was told I can no longer shop on target.com, I am welcome to shop in the store and my redcard is fine, but no more on line. I asked why and was told they didn't know. I said did I do something wrong, and was told yes, but he didn't know what. Told me to go to the rules/regs page. I was in shock about it, and feel like I am a criminal or whatever, but if I am I want to repay whatever it is they want. Nope, can't. Googled being banned from target.com and gift cards and found others were too, and also the article i mentioned about people waiting in line and getting in fights over buying designer children's clothing and reselling it. So I am assuming they think I am making a living by reselling cards. No, just looking for a way to be frugal and save money. Would I do it again? No. I am retired so I have time to research and find things, and it is time consuming. Ikept records of all I ordered and what I paid to keep track and I kept all the cards, fortunately. So here I am, this is my story, I am banned from walmart.com and still waiting for my $7,000 refund to pay for our Scotland trip. I hope we live long enough to have this fairytale adventure. Am I extravagant? You bet I am. Never was a day in my life until I found my prince. He was a bachelor for 29 years and I had a 30 year unhappy marriage that I was recovering from. My father knew my husband all his life and before my dad died, he said he could finally go to his grave knowing that I was with the man God had chosen for me, and that I would be well cared for and loved. My husband is frugal and had never even been to Disney until I came into his life. We were married on the Magic in the Mediterranean. I had never been out of the country prior to this. I am not a bad person, just someone who values life, has seen a lot, held a lot of dying people in my arms, and want to live my fairytale before I die. My children are so happy for us, and my life is wonderful. I was only trying to warn others not to do what I did. I loved shopping on walmart.com. So, that's my story, it's my truth and you can go back and check anything I said previously. It's all there.

Susan,
Thank you for the update again. I haven't read all the posts, but I don't think anyone is trying to call you out, it's just that this could/might happen to anybody who is buying gift cards at a discount and everyone is trying to figure out what NOT to do.

I missed the bit about your misplaced RedCard, I am wondering if that may have thrown up a flag? Not that losing a card in itself, but that plus the purchase of gift cards, maybe that's a clue? Or maybe Target.com looks at those who earn large Ebates checks and goes through those accounts?

Again, I am so sorry for what has happened to you. And I thank you again for being kind enough to share your experiences with Target and with DVA- you are turning something not so pleasant that happened to into a way to help others.

Kelly

It's all there.

Well, that does help some, thank you...

I guess what jumps out at me is the $10,000 spend at one time. Trying to do that Ebay churn of $10k meant you bought Ebay cards worth $10k at Target (bought first at Raise?), flipped them at Ebay, then bought $10k worth of Disney at Target again a week later. That's $20k of gift card spend on other gift cards in a short time. That would look like a reseller to anyone.

FWIW, I'm sure you'll get your DVA money back one way or the other. They can be slow, but they're not going to steal your funds. I wouldn't stress about this.

Last edited:
So you bought about $25 k in Disney gift cards + $10 k in eBay gift cards from Target in a short time. That's a lot and maybe what caused it.

Hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds lovely.

I stopped going through ebates for target. I did do the ruler a few times and a few other items as well around Christmas time when I read about it. But when I also read about people getting banned I decided not to do it anymore. I am still happy to get the gift cards at a discount. I haven't bought any from raise. I have only bought them from target until last week first time buying from gcm on eBay. I am going to space my orders out a bit and try not to draw attention. I don't want to get banned and my closest target is 30 minutes away.

I'll continue, but only with legit items that I actually want. No more repeating of a generic item. Besides I feel terrible when I receive that cardboard box that cost them $5 to ship -- it's truly wasteful. So I'm out of the cheap item cycle.

I'll continue, but only with legit items that I actually want. No more repeating of a generic item. Besides I feel terrible when I receive that cardboard box that cost them $5 to ship -- it's truly wasteful. So I'm out of the cheap item cycle.

Agreed. I did the ruler thing once but then decided to go for things I actually needed. I found a bunch of multipack clearance socks for like $1.80 and felt like I won the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter