Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are other walmarts switching to just the variable load disney cards or is it just mine? Self checkout person wouldn't put $50 on it for me either.

FYI today only on raise.com (giftcard resale) they have 7% off TODAY only up to 15$. Althought the Disney cards are listed a price, I just got $200 worth for $184.00 plus my 1 %cc cash back. =)

By the time I got the email with the discount, they had already pulled all of the Disney GCs from the site. ☹

That would be awesome except the Discover Card for Paypal doesn't start until Monday (7/1).

You know the more I think about Discover's 5% cb via Paypal the more I realized this is for three months which stands to reason we might be able to use it at Raise. Raise often has discounts so we'll see what happens. Keep positive! ;)

You know the more I think about Discover's 5% cb via Paypal the more I realized this is for three months which stands to reason we might be able to use it at Raise. Raise often has discounts so we'll see what happens. Keep positive! ;)
When Chase Freedom did 5% for paypal (last year?) I did lots of Raise purchases. It worked great!

By the time I got the email with the discount, they had already pulled all of the Disney GCs from the site. ☹
Sometimes you just have to keep refreshing. That's what I do to get Walmart. They are continually listing new cards, so just keep checking.

If anyone has gift cards with a few cents left on them (more than .50) you can buy or reload amazon giftcards with the change. I had 6 sb visas i was able to add 5.75 to my amazon account. ...... i keep buying 25 giftcards for less than 25

Just bought three Disney eGift Cards from Target and got the emails with no issue. However, when I open the eCard, it says it's a Disneyland eTicket but can be used as a gift card. I'm trying to link them all to a physical card I have however there is no EAN. I can't even check the balance on the Disney gift card site without it. Anyone else have this issue?

I also got an egiftcard that said the same thing and I was able to use it no problem at Disney to pay down my room balance. My hubs just had them type the number in and it worked like a giftcard would. I was nervous at first that it was a mistake but it was not an issue at all.

Not specifically Disney related but another round of 20% off when you use one MR point on Amazon is live! It's the big one like last summer. Unfortunately many people are getting not eligible messages (including me) but last year slowly more and more accounts were targeted so I'm going to keep checking over the next couple weeks at least for myself. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amaz...-point-50-maximum-discount-expires-july-16th/
Please bear with me guys - I swear I've done a lot of reading both on Disboards and on the interwebs to try to figure out how to buy discounted Disney GCs, but I'm new to this...

I have the Amex Blue card, which is a Cash Rewards card and not a MR card, so the offer is not currently available to me. I'm thinking of signing up for the no annual fee Amex Everyday card, which is a MR card, and maybe then the Amazon offer will be available to me. IF it is (or if it's available to someone in my family on one of their Amex cards, or if I end up buying discounted GCs some other day some other way), how do I know which GCs to buy at a discount to then use to buy Disney GCs? My understanding is this no longer works at Best Buy, is that right? Or Safeway? Does it still work at Stop & Shop? How about BB&B?

Is it generally a YMMV sitch, so you should only buy GCs from stores you'd shop at anyway, and then take your chances as to whether you can use them to buy Disney GCs? Thanks!!

Please bear with me guys - I swear I've done a lot of reading both on Disboards and on the interwebs to try to figure out how to buy discounted Disney GCs, but I'm new to this...

I have the Amex Blue card, which is a Cash Rewards card and not a MR card, so the offer is not currently available to me. I'm thinking of signing up for the no annual fee Amex Everyday card, which is a MR card, and maybe then the Amazon offer will be available to me. IF it is (or if it's available to someone in my family on one of their Amex cards, or if I end up buying discounted GCs some other day some other way), how do I know which GCs to buy at a discount to then use to buy Disney GCs? My understanding is this no longer works at Best Buy, is that right? Or Safeway? Does it still work at Stop & Shop? How about BB&B?

Is it generally a YMMV sitch, so you should only buy GCs from stores you'd shop at anyway, and then take your chances as to whether you can use them to buy Disney GCs? Thanks!!

Most of the deals we post here are short term deals, so if for example you got an MR card just for the Amazon deal, you probably wouldn’t be able to get in on it (the deal doesn’t work for everybody with an MR card anyway it seems). But they do offer deals like that once in a while.

Most of the deals also aren’t very scalable. You’d just need to get smaller amounts of Disney gc’s over time. There are a few decent deals that could be bought in largish amounts. One is Target - Buy Dgc with a Red Card and get 5% off. If your Amex blue card is the preferred version you get 6% cash back on groceries - you can use that to get 6% back on dgc.

Sams Club (and YMMV Walmart) are the only stores right now that I’m aware of that you can use to buy a dgc with a store branded gift card. Some people have been able to use the “Happy” line of gift cards (rung as credit cards) to buy Dgc at Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond. YMMV on that and the terms seem to be changing on this also, so definitely not a sure thing.

HTH some. :flower1:

Most of the deals we post here are short term deals, so if for example you got an MR card just for the Amazon deal, you probably wouldn’t be able to get in on it (the deal doesn’t work for everybody with an MR card anyway it seems). But they do offer deals like that once in a while.

Most of the deals also aren’t very scalable. You’d just need to get smaller amounts of Disney gc’s over time. There are a few decent deals that could be bought in largish amounts. One is Target - Buy Dgc with a Red Card and get 5% off. If your Amex blue card is the preferred version you get 6% cash back on groceries - you can use that to get 6% back on dgc.

Sams Club (and YMMV Walmart) are the only stores right now that I’m aware of that you can use to buy a dgc with a store branded gift card. Some people have been able to use the “Happy” line of gift cards (rung as credit cards) to buy Dgc at Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond. YMMV on that and the terms seem to be changing on this also, so definitely not a sure thing.

HTH some. :flower1:
I can buy a Disney gift card at Kroger with a Kroger gift card. That helps when Amex has Lowe's offers since Lowe's sells Kroger gift cards. Definitely YMMV though.

I can buy a Disney gift card at Kroger with a Kroger gift card. That helps when Amex has Lowe's offers since Lowe's sells Kroger gift cards. Definitely YMMV though.

Yes, @RhodyKP , keep an eye on your Amex offers. There are good ones now and then, like that 10% cash back at Lowes. It expires today, but I bet there will be a slew of new offers tomorrow. With the Lowes offer, a lot of us would buy grocery gift cards at Lowes for 10% back, then take those to the grocery and use them to buy Dgc during their fuel points promos. At the beginning, my Kroger let me buy a gift card with the Kroger gift card. Later they stopped allowing it. But I just used the Kroger gift cards for groceries and then bought the Dgc with my Amex to get the 6% back on that plus the 4x fuel points.

Yes, @RhodyKP , keep an eye on your Amex offers. There are good ones now and then, like that 10% cash back at Lowes. It expires today, but I bet there will be a slew of new offers tomorrow. With the Lowes offer, a lot of us would buy grocery gift cards at Lowes for 10% back, then take those to the grocery and use them to buy Dgc during their fuel points promos. At the beginning, my Kroger let me buy a gift card with the Kroger gift card. Later they stopped allowing it. But I just used the Kroger gift cards for groceries and then bought the Dgc with my Amex to get the 6% back on that plus the 4x fuel points.
Yeah, make sure you realize everything is very fluid. What's allowed today may not be allowed tomorrow. I've been buying Disney gift cards for the last 10+ years (mainly for cruises) and my strategies change all the time. The other mistake I've seen is people buying a ton of Target/Best Buy/HC gift cards then the rules changed before they converted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter