• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, new to the Swagbucks train, but trying to stack it with the Amex Offer at BBY. Can I get some help?

After working well twice last week (1,000 points posted), I swung by my nearest BBY during lunch to pick up another $50 DGC. First the SB app wouldn’t generate a QR code and took me straight to the BBY website. I log in to the SB mobile website instead, where I’m able to generate a QR code. When the cashier tried to scan the code (several times), he said he was getting a not authorized message. He called over a manager, who figured it was because it’s a third-party code that doesn’t work on gift cards. I didn’t push it any further since I’ll still get 10% off, and now this cashier probably thinks he can’t scan SB for gift cards. Checked my receipt, and there’s no SB number tracked.

Any idea what went wrong?
I used it yesterday and got the Swagbucks affiliate wording on my receipt. That said, it certainly could have changed today.

I always have Best Buy scan the QR code first before the gift card so I'm not sure how it wouldn't be accepted.

I used it yesterday and got the Swagbucks affiliate wording on my receipt. That said, it certainly could have changed today.

I always have Best Buy scan the QR code first before the gift card so I'm not sure how it wouldn't be accepted.

The BBY cashiers where I shop always scans the GC first before I can offer up my QR code (same with Shopkick), but I’ve never encountered this problem before.

I don't think anyone wants to be the guinea pig and try to do more than one per day. The terms of the Swagbucks promotion clearly say it is limited to 1 per day.

It's already been done and reported. Might have to scroll back to see it but it's there.

The BBY cashiers where I shop always scans the GC first before I can offer up my QR code (same with Shopkick), but I’ve never encountered this problem before.
I’d try tonight but I don’t want to try until tomorrow (once my bonus from yesterday has posted). Because they can scan the qr code first, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Ok, new to the Swagbucks train, but trying to stack it with the Amex Offer at BBY. Can I get some help?

After working well twice last week (1,000 points posted), I swung by my nearest BBY during lunch to pick up another $50 DGC. First the SB app wouldn’t generate a QR code and took me straight to the BBY website. I log in to the SB mobile website instead, where I’m able to generate a QR code. When the cashier tried to scan the code (several times), he said he was getting a not authorized message. He called over a manager, who figured it was because it’s a third-party code that doesn’t work on gift cards. I didn’t push it any further since I’ll still get 10% off, and now this cashier probably thinks he can’t scan SB for gift cards. Checked my receipt, and there’s no SB number tracked.

Any idea what went wrong?
Did he scan it before or after he totaled the order? Maybe he'd hit total and it was trying to read it as a coupon/gift card? That's my only thought.

Hmm would there be a problem with me making a sb acct four ny husband and using both from my phone so i can do 2 Best Buy codes per trip- one is kind of a pain.

My BB scans GC first too. GC, BB number, QR, pay.
Same here. I just did the first $50 with the AmEx offer today.

In other news, I did the $5 off $25 BB&B AmEx offer today and I had the confirmation in my email by the time I was back in my car.

Same here. I just did the first $50 with the AmEx offer today.

In other news, I did the $5 off $25 BB&B AmEx offer today and I had the confirmation in my email by the time I was back in my car.
Did your receipt from B.B. have the swagbucks affiliate language?

Hmm would there be a problem with me making a sb acct four ny husband and using both from my phone so i can do 2 Best Buy codes per trip- one is kind of a pain.

The problem is if you continuously make 2 purchases in a row from those 2 accounts in the same Best Buy on the same day at the same time, it will be pretty obvious to them that it is the same account.

The problem is if you continuously make 2 purchases in a row from those 2 accounts in the same Best Buy on the same day at the same time, it will be pretty obvious to them that it is the same account.
Do you think they really look that closely among what must be hundreds of thousands of accounts? We also have different last names which tends to help with these things. But it’s probanly not worth it

Do you think they really look that closely among what must be hundreds of thousands of accounts? We also have different last names which tends to help with these things. But it’s probanly not worth it
My husband has a SB account i just did it this past weekend I went to my account took a screenshot of my SB BB code then to his took a screen shot of his SB BB code went to best buy. Paid with two different CC and we also have different last names. Both credits posted Yesterday. I also do not plan on doing it daily. BB deal is good but I do not have time to do one trip a day. maybe one a week but realistically once every other week.

My husband has a SB account i just did it this past weekend I went to my account took a screenshot of my SB BB code then to his took a screen shot of his SB BB code went to best buy. Paid with two different CC and we also have different last names. Both credits posted Yesterday. I also do not plan on doing it daily. BB deal is good but I do not have time to do one trip a day. maybe one a week but realistically once every other week.
Yeah I can’t go daily. My trip is in a month and I’d like to get 300 dollars worth of gc with the amex offer. I don’t really feel like making 6 trips but I wil if I have to

Yeah I can’t go daily. My trip is in a month and I’d like to get 300 dollars worth of gc with the amex offer. I don’t really feel like making 6 trips but I wil if I have to
I wish i had the AMEX offer. I have about $1k dollars I need to turn into disney gift cards and get more out of it. When i could do more than i card i was easily doing $200-$300 a trip ( once a month). Now it will take forever at only $50 a day.

When ever we are going somewhere ou of our city I will check if there is a BB near buy with in 10 min of destination. I will buy there then come back the next day to my local BB. They already know me there its quite funny.

Did your receipt from B.B. have the swagbucks affiliate language?
Yes, it does. The cashier had trouble scanning my QR code and I had to close/reopen it for her scanner to read it. However, she is new and I really think she wasn't doing it correctly at first.

Yes, it does. The cashier had trouble scanning my QR code and I had to close/reopen it for her scanner to read it. However, she is new and I really think she wasn't doing it correctly at first.
I had the same experience tonight. Newer cashier, was trying to scan in the payment screen and it kept saying invalid input. A different cashier who I’ve seen before came over and backed him up to the purchase screen and it went through no problem

I had the same experience tonight. Newer cashier, was trying to scan in the payment screen and it kept saying invalid input. A different cashier who I’ve seen before came over and backed him up to the purchase screen and it went through no problem

Kind of sounds like what happened with me. I'll try another store.

I had my discounted Target card loaded onto my Target wallet. Purchase amount was $32.xx and the $25 Target gift card. Everything went great. Target had to email me an activation code for my gift card but I got the email while the cashier was still scanning. No big deal. He rang the gift card first and then tried to scan my bar code for my red card (just the main wallet bar code.) And the register just froze up. Then started saying can only be applied to $32 then $22 then $0.13 and then -$0.01, -$0.01, -$0.01. Then it totally froze. They had to end up getting two managers to come over. The whole time I could see the balance of my gift card was still $25 but when I opened up a browser and logged into my red card account, it showed all of those weird "can only be applied" as charges. There were like over six of them all marked as pending. In the end, the walked to me another register, powered that one down and gave me a $10 GC towards my purchase :cutie:

Because it had already taken 10 minutes, just to be on the safe side, I rang the Disney gift card up as it's own purchase and the merchandise as a separate purchase. I was a little flustered as it was past lunch time and I had my three kidlets with me so I wasn't thinking clearly and I paid for the gift card with my regular debit card and missed out on the 5% red card savings. But I didn't want to scan my red card and have it try to use the gift card and more chaos. So anyway, it worked out for my benefit in the end but sheesh!

I don't think anyone is manually looking at it. They would program their computer system to look for such patterns. I have no idea if they are doing this or not, it was someone else who said that swagbucks shuts down people who have multiple accounts.

I don't think anyone is manually looking at it. They would program their computer system to look for such patterns. I have no idea if they are doing this or not, it was someone else who said that swagbucks shuts down people who have multiple accounts.

You are allowed to have more than one SB account per household, not sure how many but I've seen some post that parents and their two kids had an acct. I would think that one person going in with two different qr codes, one from the DW acct and one from DH acct, paying with different cc, would be the same as them going in Together and each doing their own. That's how DD28 and I did the other day( we do have diff addresses, names, and phone). Still following the rules I think, one person/acct per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter