Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know folks have had problems with Target Disney gift cards arriving unactivated, but just wanted to add a positive comment on that. We got over $1000 in gift cards this week and all of them were properly activated! Since I seem to read more "unactivated" messages than "activated" ones, just thought I'd give a shout out. So happy!

I know folks have had problems with Target Disney gift cards arriving unactivated, but just wanted to add a positive comment on that. We got over $1000 in gift cards this week and all of them were properly activated! Since I seem to read more "unactivated" messages than "activated" ones, just thought I'd give a shout out. So happy!
So far I have had no problems either. (knock on wood!) I have only purchased a couple at a time though. I add them to my Disney GC phone app as soon as I get them to check the balance.

Thanks for this thread and the info on getting target gift cards on raise! I just got one at 5.5% off then ordered some DGC online with my 5% redacted savings so saved 10.5% total!! Woo hoo!! I was hoping to get a little better than 5% this year since they did away with the pharmacy rewards extra 5% on entertainment cards.

Thanks for this thread and the info on getting target gift cards on raise! I just got one at 5.5% off then ordered some DGC online with my 5% redacted savings so saved 10.5% total!! Woo hoo!! I was hoping to get a little better than 5% this year since they did away with the pharmacy rewards extra 5% on entertainment cards.
Try using eBates to get to Target.com if you aren't already. It is hit or miss for some but it works for me :)

Just a head's up here... You can buy Disney "gift cards" from on line companies that are gift card brokers.. The cards are advertised at up to 8% off! Good deal, right?? nope. These are NOT Gift Cards... they are 'credit for merchandise' cards at the Disney Store... you cannot use them to pay for your trip, or for food, merchandise in the parks. Can ONLY be used at a Disney store. Stick with real Gift Cards.

Just a head's up here... You can buy Disney "gift cards" from on line companies that are gift card brokers.. The cards are advertised at up to 8% off! Good deal, right?? nope. These are NOT Gift Cards... they are 'credit for merchandise' cards at the Disney Store... you cannot use them to pay for your trip, or for food, merchandise in the parks. Can ONLY be used at a Disney store. Stick with real Gift Cards.

Is there a specific website or company that does this? That information would be helpful so we know which ones to avoid.

I bought what I thought was a gift card at Giftcard Zen.com but it was for merchandise credit. I couldn't use it at all for what I got it for.. to pay for food, souveniers. They were VERY GRACIOUS about my returning it for a full refund.. Google discount gift cards.. there are a dozen places (at least) that sell discounted 'gift cards' for many different stores. You may get a good deal for other shopping.. who knows.. just read the fine print.

Another positive review here :). I've successfully received about 140 gift cards. All have been activated, all delivered within a week. Only snag I ran into in the beginning was a bogus Target gift card from CardCash but they refunded me eventually. CardPool, Raise, and GiftCardZen were smooth sailing.

I just bought $94.68 in Target cards from CardPool and I received them via e-mail BEFORE I even got the confirmation of my order! How's that for fast:teleport:! I immediately combined them in my Target app and went through E-Bates to purchase $100 in Disney gift cards. If I don't get the $2 from E-bates, I won't be upset. The only time I got it was when I used the app on my phone, and that only happened once.

At a minimum, I saved 12%:banana:...
...2% rebate on $94.68 from TopCashBack ($1.89)
...1% rebate on $90.41 from PayPal Debit card ($0.90)
...4.5% savings on Target Gift Card
...5% RedCard savings on Disney Gift card
....means my final cost was $87.94! (...and if the E-Bates credits, it will be $85.94!)

For my next vacation, I have a Disney gift card budget of $650. If I can continue to purchase with this method, I will save almost $75:cheer2:!

Just wanted to add some of my experience. I tend to prefer Raise as I just feel they are easier to deal with and just prefer the layout and I can usually do better with them over Cardpool. I have used Cardpool previously and did an order last weekend and it took almost 30 hours before I received my e-gift card for Target. I was waiting on it to place another order so that was a little frustrating. Raise tends to be quicker for me, based on previous experience, but that can be a little "flukey" at times too. Earlier this week I had ordered two separate $100 Target cards on Raise, back to back and the first one came through immediately and the second order took a few hours.

So - if you need them sooner, rather than later, keep that in mind and there really doesn't seem to be any logical pattern to them. It's always nice when the orders come in right away though :)

Heather

When Raise and Cardpool both offer at the same % off I always choose Cardpool just because TopCashBack offers 2% back for them versus 1% for Raise. I've had nothing but good experiences with both.

As far as Target sending cards that aren't activated, I think that is probably the extreme minority and should not be a concern for people. I'm sure it happens here and there but not so widespread that it's worth worrying about.

When Raise and Cardpool both offer at the same % off I always choose Cardpool just because TopCashBack offers 2% back for them versus 1% for Raise. I've had nothing but good experiences with both.

As far as Target sending cards that aren't activated, I think that is probably the extreme minority and should not be a concern for people. I'm sure it happens here and there but not so widespread that it's worth worrying about.
But...to be fair, when it happens to "you", you'll understand the misery it is to get it resolved. I don't mean that in a snarky way as I have ordered the Disney gift cards on Target for almost two years and didn't have issues until I posted my thread back in November. It was so ridiculous I escalated up and did speak to someone in corporate who acknowledged they had issues and I wanted to save anyone from going through what I did so I worked with him to provide as many details as I could. Can you believe it happened again shortly after that? He was truly embarrassed but at least I had his direct number. :teeth:

I agree it definitely is the minority but it's happened to quite a few of us here. I'm willing to take the risk now due to the amount of savings and I do believe they have gotten a lot better, a lot! :thumbsup2

To those that are new reading, just make sure you always check each Disney card to make sure the funds are there and the card is activated. You can do this by calling the number on the back of the card or by checking online at www.disneygiftcard.com

Heather

I am so glad that I found this thread. I first purchased the Disney gift cards using my Target redcard, then found out about Raise and just purchased the rest of what I needed. I am happy with any savings, my problem is telling myself I don't need any more gift cards right now. I...can't...help...myself...:rolleyes:

I am so glad that I found this thread. I first purchased the Disney gift cards using my Target redcard, then found out about Raise and just purchased the rest of what I needed. I am happy with any savings, my problem is telling myself I don't need any more gift cards right now. I...can't...help...myself...:rolleyes:
It does become an obsession:)

We need a new mailbox (ours got destroyed by the snow plow) and I went to CardCash to buy a Home Depot gift card before I ordered it. I saved 7%!

I bought what I thought was a gift card at Giftcard Zen.com but it was for merchandise credit. I couldn't use it at all for what I got it for.. to pay for food, souveniers. They were VERY GRACIOUS about my returning it for a full refund.. Google discount gift cards.. there are a dozen places (at least) that sell discounted 'gift cards' for many different stores. You may get a good deal for other shopping.. who knows.. just read the fine print.

You need to read the fine print very carefully. Raise.com sells three types of Disney Gift Cards - merchandise credit, disney store only and ones that can be used to book vacations, cruises, buy tickets, etc. The cards you want to buy on Raise are the ones with Mickey wearing sunglasses. I never buy them unless they are 11% or more off.

So a dumb question (because the more I read the more confused I get) - buying online, I can get the 5% red card discount when buying with a gift card again? I stopped doing it when I read it wasn't working, but people are saying it does work again?

So a dumb question (because the more I read the more confused I get) - buying online, I can get the 5% red card discount when buying with a gift card again? I stopped doing it when I read it wasn't working, but people are saying it does work again?
Yes. It works. And try to go through ebates as well if you weren't already doing so.

You need to read the fine print very carefully. Raise.com sells three types of Disney Gift Cards - merchandise credit, disney store only and ones that can be used to book vacations, cruises, buy tickets, etc. The cards you want to buy on Raise are the ones with Mickey wearing sunglasses. I never buy them unless they are 11% or more off.

Agreed! The problem was they were advertised as Gift cards but turned out to be merchandise credit.. I truly think they didn't realize the difference until I told them and then they changed the web page to be accurate. I never heard of Raise until I read it here! You guys are soo smart! I did make out like a bandit this weekend at Kroger. I bought $250.00 of Disney gift cards and got enough fuel points to get $1.00 off each gallon of gas at my next fill up! Heard about that right here! So many thanks to that poster who alerted me to check it out! My gas tank should be just about empty by tomorrow! Fill 'er up!

The Target website says they are not able to accept Target GiftCards as payment on an account. I about passed out. How do those of you who buy target cards on Raise (and Disney cards at Target) use them?

The Target website says they are not able to accept Target GiftCards as payment on an account. I about passed out. How do those of you who buy target cards on Raise (and Disney cards at Target) use them?
That means you can't use Target gift cards to pay your Target credit card bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter