Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried self check out once when trying to buy a disney gc with a target gc and must have done something wrong because an alarm went off. could you describe how to do that?

Not all Target's allow it at self checkout even if there is no sign. One by me won't even leave gc at self checkout for the bit x get gc deals because they don't want you doing those there. They also don't have signs.

Saving! I just wish there was a date visible!
Here are three different screenshots with three different people answering at the exact same way. Because it’s this week all it says is Monday. I go back in a few days it might have a date. This isn’t on the regular page. It was an ad that showed up in my feed. So I had to go to add activity to locate it.

Attachments

• AD75F968-AF2D-4169-A53D-B1AF06968DC9.png
    AD75F968-AF2D-4169-A53D-B1AF06968DC9.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 4F878F85-C3DC-49B0-8D4E-37916A18C65A.png
    4F878F85-C3DC-49B0-8D4E-37916A18C65A.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 98B083CD-D619-471A-AAD6-0FD5A6FAB001.png
    98B083CD-D619-471A-AAD6-0FD5A6FAB001.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 61
I am starting to plan what I will have Amazon deliver to the hotel for our trip. Does anyone know which stores carry Amazon gcs? I didn't see any online at Target, and I wondered if any of you recommend a place to get them. Of course I could get them from Swagbucks directly, but if someone knows of a better way, I'd love to know.

I am starting to plan what I will have Amazon deliver to the hotel for our trip. Does anyone know which stores carry Amazon gcs? I didn't see any online at Target, and I wondered if any of you recommend a place to get them. Of course I could get them from Swagbucks directly, but if someone knows of a better way, I'd love to know.

I dont know about online, but most grocery stores carry them and CVS as well.

For the 10% off target gift cards... if I buy more than $300 worth, should I not buy them all on the same credit card so they don't know I bought twice or will it not matter?

Thank you!

I searched for what happened to me last year:

Well, nearly an hour later and they are sending me another gift card. They "force closed" my $300 GC because I purchased it with other gift cards. They said that the new rule was that you could not purchase any gift cards with Target gift cards online. She said that she could send me a new card for $270 or simply refund the cards I used. I asked if she could issue another card for $30 since I was missing out on the 10% off and she is issuing a new $300 e-gift card instead.

Good thing I had time to sit on the phone for an hour. FWIW, Customer Service was VERY nice all around.

They had allowed the sale to go through online but went back later and zero’d out the e-gift Card because I purchased it with another gift card. I don’t remember why they simply did not return the money to the original gift card.

I just realized that all the money I was saving to buy Disney cards at Sams (because you can save 4.5%) will go LOTS further if I use it at Target on Sunday! Glad I figured that out today and not Monday!

So here are the questions I have:
Did they run out of gift cards last year at anyone's store?
Did they run out online?
If you went in a store, did you take them from a rack, or did you get them from a cashier?
What time did the deal go live online?
Can you tell I am excited that I will now have more money to spend at WDW?

Surprised to see that my 3 $15 BB promo savings codes showed up about 11 p.m. Cst time tonight! Yay glad they came so early!

I got my Best Buy codes as well. Now I have some questions... For those of us who have not done this before, what is the best procedure when we go to BB? Do I just grab a loadable Disney card and head straight for check-out? Do I need to have something else "in my cart"? Do I give the cashier the promo codes first or the gift cards first? I'm a little nervous on this one. Can you tell? :scared:

I got my Best Buy codes as well. Now I have some questions... For those of us who have not done this before, what is the best procedure when we go to BB? Do I just grab a loadable Disney card and head straight for check-out? Do I need to have something else "in my cart"? Do I give the cashier the promo codes first or the gift cards first? I'm a little nervous on this one. Can you tell? :scared:
You should be able to go straight to checkout after you grab the gift card. Hand the cashier the gift card first and let them know the amount you want on it then give them the promo codes. They ring up as a coupon so they need to scan them before they hit the payment screen (If they have any problems this is normally why). If you're doing shopkicks they'll want to scan that before the payment screen as well.

Thanks! I'm not sure what shopkicks is, so I'm pretty sure I won't be using it. I only have the gift card emails and the promo code emails.

Be confident! Don't hesitate thinking using Best Buy gift cards, reward certificates, and savings codes aren't allowed on third-party gift cards like Disney. Best Buy's POS system allows for it and many of us have done this countless times. You may get a cashier who is hesitant; be nice and say you've never had any problems paying with Best Buy gift cards before (small white lie) and ask them to just try it. Most times they will and be pleasantly surprised. If a cashier calls a manager over, you can do the same thing; but if the manager refuses the transaction, don't make too much of a fuss and move on to a different store or try again at a different day and time.

Like @Moramoon said, grab a variable load Disney gift card ($25-500), go up to the cashier and tell them how much you want to put on the card. When paying with Best Buy eGift cards, reward certificates, and savings codes, you'd just present the barcodes to the cashier to scan and the cashier will need the 4-digit PIN to type into the register.

What I do is, before I go into a store, I'll open the link to each eGift card et al. on my phone, then take a screenshot of each eGift card, which goes into a photo album. When I'm in line at checkout, I'll open up my Shopkicks app to the QR code (some people use iBotta), and I'll open up my photo album to the screenshots of the eGift cards. When the cashier asks if I have a Best Buy Rewards number, I'll say no (even though I do, because you don't earn Rewards points on purchases paid for with gift cards)*, but say I have this, then present the Shopkicks QR code for the cashier to scan so you can earn kicks towards more gift cards. Then when the cashier rings up the total amount, I'll say I also have these, and present the cashier with the first of my eGC screenshots for him to scan the barcode, then read the PIN to him to help speed up the process, then swipe my phone to the next screenshot and tell the cashier I have a few more, and repeat. In store, I believe the registers can handle up to 10 or 15 gift cards, certificates, savings codes. This is all to make it easy on the cashier and to make them feel at ease with the transaction.

Good luck!

*ETA: If you're redeeming a rewards certificate, your My Best Buy account number will be on it and they'll need to scan this first before applying any other gift cards or savings codes.

Last edited:
Joining in on this thread. I have been lurking for quite a while and just have never posted because you all seem to be so on top of it and have already posted everything I can think of. If I hadn't been following this thread I would have no idea that Bed Bath and Beyond had Disney gift cards that I could use the AMEX deal on. I also wouldn't have known about BJ's. So thank you!

I am trying to gather gift cards more than usual right now for an end of January Christmas surprise trip. I just don't want to miss any potential deals. It seems like there should be more out there right now, but maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part.
I got that BBB offer on a couple of cards..... what's the best way to use it? my mind instantly went to gc, do they sell disney gc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter