Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walgreen's data point
I went to buy a $200 GC from Walgreens with WG GCs.
The cashier asked to see my ID when I showed her that I was paying with GC.
The first card would not go through. The cashier couldn't even enter the numbers to get it to work. No error message, just a beep.
The 2nd card worked.
The 3rd through 5th cards were as of the first. No go.

Cashier had to call manager over to void transaction and then said you can't use GCs to buy GCs. I then calmly said sure you can, other stores allow it for up to $200 and there is nothing on the GCs excluding it. The cashier then spoke up that it did allow the transaction before.

So she voided the $200 Ebay and changed it to $100 ebay. I processed the one card and left.

ETA: I checked the balance on the other 4 cards and they are at $100. These are the red cards from SVM.

Walgreen's data point
The first card would not go through. The cashier couldn't even enter the numbers to get it to work. No error message, just a beep.
The 2nd card worked.

Cashier had to call manager over to void transaction and then said you can't use GCs to buy GCs. I then calmly said sure you can, other stores allow it for up to $200 and there is nothing on the GCs excluding it. The cashier then spoke up that it did allow the transaction before.

So she voided the $200 Ebay and changed it to $100 ebay. I processed the one card and left.

ETA: I checked the balance on the other 4 cards and they are at $100. These are the red cards from SVM.

Well that's not reassuring...
I have $400 in Walgreens that were just shipped. I typically only buy $200 at a time, but I decided to take advantage of the 8% eBucks offer and avoid PPDG. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident.

I also just got a notification from Walmart that I can get a $10 Walmart e gift card for my first app purchase of $75. I'm thinking of grabbing $75 of Walmart gift cards and seeing if that works. They won't go to waste.

I got my $10 egift card from this today! I wasn't sure if I would get it since I bought walmart gift cards as my purchase, but it worked!

Well that's not reassuring...
I have $400 in Walgreens that were just shipped. I typically only buy $200 at a time, but I decided to take advantage of the 8% eBucks offer and avoid PPDG. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident.
It isn't completely isolated. I had almost the exact thing happen to me last week. SVM red cards and all. However, my sister stopped at the same walgreens yesterday and tried again and was successful.

Walgreen's data point
The 2nd card worked.

I have had to swipe the card twice on a few transactions. The cashier said it was because I wasn't using a credit card. After the second swipe, the $100 came off. Maybe try that next time and see if it works.

I haven't really had trouble with my Wgc's themselves. Except for when I didn't slide it right. And just in case this helps, though you are all probably doing it correctly, they says to make sure to slide it when the green light by the slider part is flashing. When mine wouldn't work, she told me that and then it went fine. Everyone probably does it just fine, but I figured I'd share just in case.

OK. Something weird is happening to me. I got the yips when I scan my Walgreens gcs. I'm like the Charles Barkley of churning. My hand was shaking bad on my 3 rd swipe. The same thing happened today. Since there is 2 seconds between swipes, I decided to grab hold of top of scanner and move my hand an inch to right to scan.

I have had to swipe the card twice on a few transactions. The cashier said it was because I wasn't using a credit card. After the second swipe, the $100 came off. Maybe try that next time and see if it works.
I scanned the same card several times. Tomorrow, I will go find another WG and try there.

I scanned the same card several times. Tomorrow, I will go find another WG and try there.

As I said, I had an issue earlier this week. Anytime I scanned it said tender not recognized. I think the machines were malfunctioning in my area. Perhaps they are now where you live?

It isn't completely isolated. I had almost the exact thing happen to me last week. SVM red cards and all. However, my sister stopped at the same walgreens yesterday and tried again and was successful.
Really glad you finally got to use those cards! Was wondering if you'd had any luck with those yet. Interesting it was at the same store as you'd tried a few times already. Good thing you/your sister kept trying! Maybe she's your good luck charm, lol! .

I saw some chatter about Raise giving 8% back on Shop Your Way but their terms say it's not valid on gift cards. Has anyone been successful in getting points through SYW for Raise? I've spent like $20K on Raise in the last 12 months (for my small business mostly) and would love to find a portal that works.

I extended my trip a day :rolleyes1 ...so I had to grab some more gift cards. CardCash allowed my orders to go through (they had been cancelling all my orders, but I left the site alone for 3-4 weeks and decided to try again).

Target Online Note: When I bought my Disney off Target the Target website double counted each card I put in. I just deleted the duplicates out and I have my fingers crossed Target doesn't just batch cancel orders today when they find their glitch. I'm warning anyone else because I didn't catch it at first but caught on pretty quick once I saw my math wasn't adding up right. I didn't want my RedCard getting charged when Target found out half the gift cards in my order were empty! (They even duplicated my 4th gift card and showed my order being paid for with 5 gift cards! Sometimes I think it's a race between Disney and Target for worst IT department.)

I extended my trip a day :rolleyes1 ...so I had to grab some more gift cards. CardCash allowed my orders to go through (they had been cancelling all my orders, but I left the site alone for 3-4 weeks and decided to try again).

Target Online Note: When I bought my Disney off Target the Target website double counted each card I put in. I just deleted the duplicates out and I have my fingers crossed Target doesn't just batch cancel orders today when they find their glitch. I'm warning anyone else because I didn't catch it at first but caught on pretty quick once I saw my math wasn't adding up right. I didn't want my RedCard getting charged when Target found out half the gift cards in my order were empty! (They even duplicated my 4th gift card and showed my order being paid for with 5 gift cards! Sometimes I think it's a race between Disney and Target for worst IT department.)

To put you at ease, their website has been doing that for a couple weeks, so no mass cancellations are due.

I, too, have manually deleted the duplicated gift cards for fear of the charges hitting my Red Card. I think soon I'll try to let an order go through and see if it gets cancelled, charged, or let go with the erroneous GC debits.

Thank you to those who responded to my previous question. Ok, just to clarify. You can purchase 4 Disney gift cards per day or per transaction on the Target website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter