• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Question: can you hold an ILL for 2 rides at once? For example if I’m starting at DCA and get an ILL for WS and notice they are going fast for ROTR can I also book one for that? Or can you only hold one ILL at a time?

Has anyone had success booking the same ride twice? I know the official rule is that you can’t but I just watched a vlog where they said it was letting them book Incredicoaster a second time but they didn’t because they weren’t interested. If I can book the same ride multiple times that changes EVERYTHING

Has anyone had success booking the same ride twice? I know the official rule is that you can’t but I just watched a vlog where they said it was letting them book Incredicoaster a second time but they didn’t because they weren’t interested. If I can book the same ride multiple times that changes EVERYTHING

In my observation, Incredicoaster has been down frequently since reopening. It's possible they booked it, had it break down during their window and it converted to a multiple experience pass. It's my understanding that if happens, even if you later use that pass on the original ride, you can book that ride again.

Last edited:

So when you’ve already ridden a ride can you just see the next available return time but then when you actually try to book it you get an error message since you’ve already ridden it?

Yes, it lets you choose the experience, and then lists all the members in your party as not eligible, either for booking an LL too early, or on something you've already done. I wanted to buy a 3rd ILL so kept checking, hoping for a fluke opportunity.

We had a party of 6. There were tons of times I would click on a return time and then it would automatically kick me to a later return. I don't know if that is because of my larger party size or someone else was just that much faster. It got a bit frustrating when I wasn't paying close attention or trying to minimize gaps. You definitely need to pay attention to the next screens.

As I understand it, you can only use 1 Lightning Lane per ride per day. If you arrive early, is it a better strategy to get onto short rides through the regular Stand-By and then use the Lightning Lane pass in the early afternoon ( Standby early and LL later )?

or

Vice versa ( early LL and Standby Later )?

I would think that if there would be shorter lines earlier in the day and then use the LL later?

Thoughts?

As I understand it, you can only use 1 Lightning Lane per ride per day. If you arrive early, is it a better strategy to get onto short rides through the regular Stand-By and then use the Lightning Lane pass in the early afternoon ( Standby early and LL later )?

or

Vice versa ( early LL and Standby Later )?

I would think that if there would be shorter lines earlier in the day and then use the LL later?

Thoughts?

This is the same exact thought that's been pinging around my brain as I start to plan our March / April trip. We've never been to DLR and never used Max Pass. If we could do return trips on rides it would be so easy- just snag those LLs for whatever you can. But limiting to one per day.... GAK.

I suspect we're going to just do SB at the beginning of the day to leave the option for re-rides w/ LL later, but then never get to it and Genie+ will turn out to be a giant waste of money. :(

So far all I have decided for sure is to use them right away on the rides that I'm pretty certain we will NOT want to re-ride. Like, I'm the only coaster fan so I'm pretty sure nobody will be interested in re-riding Space and Matterhorn. But after that... I got nothin'

This is the same exact thought that's been pinging around my brain as I start to plan our March / April trip. We've never been to DLR and never used Max Pass. If we could do return trips on rides it would be so easy- just snag those LLs for whatever you can. But limiting to one per day.... GAK.

I suspect we're going to just do SB at the beginning of the day to leave the option for re-rides w/ LL later, but then never get to it and Genie+ will turn out to be a giant waste of money. :(

So far all I have decided for sure is to use them right away on the rides that I'm pretty certain we will NOT want to re-ride. Like, I'm the only coaster fan so I'm pretty sure nobody will be interested in re-riding Space and Matterhorn. But after that... I got nothin'
I wonder if you are able to book and use the LL passes for the roller coaster rides and just go on it at night by yourself?

Does the Disney Cast Member check your name and whether you look like the person with the LL Pass?

I mean, if so......and you bought the Genie Plus pass for your family....why not use the LL Pass for those rides if they aren't using it?

I mean, if so......and you bought the Genie Plus pass for your family....why not use the LL Pass for those rides if they aren't using it?

Because won't that lock one (or more) of our party out of making a LL reservation for the rides we DO all want to ride together... and maybe repeat? I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard enough time keeping track of all of this stuff, let alone trying to manage us as separate entities.

Maybe if I were running around trying to ride stuff while they were out of the parks or eating or taking a break or something. It's not worth it to me, though. I like the old rickety coasters more than them, but I'm not obsessed.

I’ve found these last few days that you don’t want to start using LLs right away but you want to start using them soon so you get to use all the ones you want. Today what I did (I started at Disneyland) is I booked Soarin’ immediately after I scanned into the park around 8:15 (when the park officially opened at 9) and it automatically changed the time to 1-2 PM because of park hopping. I could book another LL 2 hours after that and that’s when I started getting and using all my LLs for the day. It also depends if you’re doing both parks and if you want to use LL on everything you can. I easily got everything I wanted today but that didn’t include Autopia, Roger Rabbit, Falcon (because of single rider), Matterhorn (also single rider), Small World (did that on Friday and don’t need to do it again), Grizzly, or Goofy’s.

Also something that I’ve been doing that definitely takes up time is purposely booking rides that are down hoping for a multiple experience LL. I successfully got one each from Grizzly, Goofy’s, and Roger Rabbit breaking down valid on any ride except Rise, Space, Indy, Matterhorn, WEB, Racers, or Toy Story. Because of this I did Guardians 4 times today

Question on ILL and LL, and apologies if it's been asked.

When reserving a time, do you have to take the next available/soonest, or do you have the option to take times later in the day? For example, if we know we want to visit BTMR in the late afternoon, could I select 4:00, even if the next available is 10:00? I realize this could reduce the efficiency of selecting the next LL ride because I'd have to wait two hours, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Question on ILL and LL, and apologies if it's been asked.

When reserving a time, do you have to take the next available/soonest, or do you have the option to take times later in the day? For example, if we know we want to visit BTMR in the late afternoon, could I select 4:00, even if the next available is 10:00? I realize this could reduce the efficiency of selecting the next LL ride because I'd have to wait two hours, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!
It’s the next available time for both ILL and LL at Disneyland. For WDW, it’s next available for LL, but for ILL you pick your hour window.

When you try and book a LL on a ride that is currently down, I am assuming you have to wait for your window and hope it’s still down? For example if I book BTMR at 8:30 for a 9:00-10:00 window and it’s still down at 9:00, will it give me the multi ride LL at that moment or does it need to stay down the duration of my window?

When you try and book a LL on a ride that is currently down, I am assuming you have to wait for your window and hope it’s still down? For example if I book BTMR at 8:30 for a 9:00-10:00 window and it’s still down at 9:00, will it give me the multi ride LL at that moment or does it need to stay down the duration of my window?
It will convert to a multi experience pass

To purchase and pay for the Genie Plus service and the Lightning Lane passes for RotR, Cars RS and Spiderman ride, when's the earliest that you can buy it through the app?

Is it at 12:01am PDT on the day that your Ticket Reservation

or

Is it when your ticket/QR Code is scanned at the main entrance when you physically enter the park?

It sounds like it's best to buy the Lightning Lane passes for RotR, Cars RS and the new Spiderman WebSlinger's ride AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ( since those appear to sell out quick ). But I suspect I can't do that until get to the park.

For those special LL passes that you have to pay for, is it best to get one whenever it is available?

or

Is it best to simply continually check and then buy it when your "desired" time appears?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter