Disney Genie announcement

Cost of ILL$ according to this post (as of Nov 5, 2021 - subject to change) are:

Magic Kingdom
Mon - Thurs
Fri - Sun
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
$10​
$12​
Space Mountain
$7​
$9​
EPCOT
Frozen Ever After
$9​
$11​
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
$8​
$11​
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
$8​
$10​
Rise of the Resistance
$15​
$15​
Disney's Animal Kingdom
$11​
$14​
Expedition Everest
$7​
$7​

I would anticipate that we may see these increased prices apply on holidays also. Has anyone heard if this will/will not happen?
Thanks! I missed that somehow!

Question for those who have visited the parks with single park/day tickets.

If you logged onto the system and looked at ILL$ options, did it show you all 4 parks or only the park that you have a park reservation for?

I believe that you can book ILL at parks that you do not have a reservation for; however, it won't let you book them until 2pm or later. So, it must be visible somehow. I think if you go to the tip board and change parks, it will show both G+ and ILL for the park. I can see it at home for any park for the current day.

Question for those who have visited the parks with single park/day tickets.

If you logged onto the system and looked at ILL$ options, did it show you all 4 parks or only the park that you have a park reservation for?

I'm sure you have a great reason for asking, but if you have a 1 day/1 park ticket, would you need to see the other parks rides?

I'm sure you have a great reason for asking, but if you have a 1 day/1 park ticket, would you need to see the other parks rides?
I'm asking because a question was raised in another thread, if a guest has a park reservation for Epcot, when they go to book ILL$, do they see only Epcot options or other parks too?

The question came up because the person has a party ticket for the MK. Would they be able to purchase ILLL$ for a MK attraction between when they're allowed to enter with their party ticket and before the party begins? SDMT line often remains between 30 and 40 mins during the party so to them it would be worth the cost of purchasing it to ride it before the party begins.

I used it on my Oct trip. It is worth the money if you don't want to stand in really long lines for just about every ride. You look at what is available for a ride in the park you are in and select on of the Lightning Lane options. You are only allowed to select one at a time and after you have scanned your Magic Band or pass the second time on the ride you can select another one. Lightning Plus is a separate fee and does not require Genie+ for that day. There are only a few rides in each park that have a Lightning Plus fee.

Every ride is HS is currently "sold out" at 2pm.............Not a good sign for Genie+...........................

I think this is playing out as predicted......dont need it when its slow and wont be worth it when its busy

This system is in for a rude awakening a week from tomorrow when Thanksgiving crowds descend on the parks

I will bet you that the top 6 rides in HS - ROTR, MMRR, SDD, MFSR, RnR, ToT - are "sold out" before you even get to your second Genie+ selection 2 hours after park opening

So you are going to pay $15 for 1 ride

Every single hotel room, DVC property and restaurant is 100% booked........You cannot get 1 night at any hotel......even during the busy times in years past there would be campsites, all stars, pop or good neighbor availability.......

Not this year....Pent up demand travel is here and this will be a real test of Genie+

Every ride is HS is currently "sold out" at 2pm.............Not a good sign for Genie+...........................

I think this is playing out as predicted......dont need it when its slow and wont be worth it when its busy

This system is in for a rude awakening a week from tomorrow when Thanksgiving crowds descend on the parks

I will bet you that the top 6 rides in HS - ROTR, MMRR, SDD, MFSR, RnR, ToT - are "sold out" before you even get to your second Genie+ selection 2 hours after park opening

Every single hotel room, DVC property and restaurant is 100% booked........You cannot get 1 night at any hotel......even during the busy times in years past there would be campsites, all stars, pop or good neighbor availability.......

Not this year....Pent up demand travel is here and this will be a real test of Genie+
I wonder how long before they have to "tier" the rides in some of those parks.

I'm not disagreeing with your post but Disney has a current 2 night minimum stay on their resort rooms.

Thanks for posting these prices. It makes the decision for me regarding the parks and genie +. So for sure we’re not going to DHS and will only do the two I originally thought we would do. EPCOT and AKP. I think we will attempt LL for Remy’s and FOP. No genie+ for us. And as we originally discussed, much less parks in our future trips.
Dee

Last edited:
That's exactly what I'm seeing. But the interesting thing is when it's busy, if you don't have it then you have huge lines for everything that you have to wait in.
So maybe some would see it as "worth it" so as to avoid at least a couple of lines.
I for one would just wait in a few lines, catch a show, eat some food and be happy. But if this was a once in a lifetime trip, I would be forking out for the G+. I think that's what Disney is counting on.

I for one would just wait in a few lines, catch a show, eat some food and be happy.
We're going Christmas week and this is the reason I got G+ for our 4 park days. We went in January when no shows were there and short lines for every ride, so we're planning to do as many shows, cavalcades or parades, and Christmas decoration viewing as possible while reserving hopefully a few spots in ride lines. But even now, it's not sounding like that will be extremely useful in most parks. We're just going to have fun and enjoy Christmas at WDW, so we'll take what we can get.

Looking at DHS right now, a little after 11am ET, I still see Genie+ for everything except SDD, which is showing as down, and ILL for MMRR. That's promising for getting at least a second G+ if DHS is your first park. I don't see stacking G+ much on very busy days. Glad we switched one of our Epcot days to DHS for Thanksgiving week. With 2 park reservations and the willingness to pay for G+ and ILL, I think we can get it all in. It's not the end of the world if we don't, since we have ridden them all before. DHS is really going to be a 2+ day park for a while when it's really busy, if you want to do everything.

I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I’m hoping someone has the answer! In 2022, most of us will have military salute tickets with genie+ and others will have regular tickets with genie+. Will I be able to make ILL and genie+ reservations for all of us even through they are different ticket types as long as we all have genie+ already on our tickets?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter