Disney Genie announcement

Sorry for this basic question... We arrive tomorrow and don't have a package. I've been trying to add the Genie to our reservation (we have several split stays) and it doesn't give me an option. Is adding Genie (15.00 per day per ticket) something I have to call to get added?

You can add it to all days on your tickets by changing your ticket type in MDE - or purchase daily if you don't want all days.

Sorry for this basic question... We arrive tomorrow and don't have a package. I've been trying to add the Genie to our reservation (we have several split stays) and it doesn't give me an option. Is adding Genie (15.00 per day per ticket) something I have to call to get added?
No need to call, you can add it day by day in the MDE app. If you want it tomorrow, you can add it any time after midnight tonight. I think most people add it around 6:55 AM, just before they book Genie+ LL and/or ILL$ at 7:00. And remember, Genie is just part of MDE (if you don’t see it, update the MDE app), Genie+ is the $15 add on, and ILL$ are separate.

No need to call, you can add it day by day in the MDE app. If you want it tomorrow, you can add it any time after midnight tonight. I think most people add it around 6:55 AM, just before they book Genie+ LL and/or ILL$ at 7:00. And remember, Genie is just part of MDE (if you don’t see it, update the MDE app), Genie+ is the $15 add on, and ILL$ are separate.
Thank you. I have an Annual Pass so can Genie be added to an AP?

That would be the question.

After you purchase G+, will the system show you LL return times after 2 PM for your second park?

If so, you could book one and then book a second one two hours after your first park opens and a third one two hours after you pick the second one. Then you would have 3 at your second park and would go standby only, or use one or two paid IALL at your first park.

Maybe someone will try this.

I'd love for it to work this way. We always did standby in the mornings and scheduled FP+ for rides in the afternoon. If Genie + works as you describe, we could still continue to tour the parks just as we always have. I never liked the idea of grabbing FP's first thing in the morning just to get more- much preferred booking headliners in our evening park when waits are long for just about everything. To be able to book 3 LL's in an evening park would be awesome.

yes - but you are not happy about it - and that will probably change your view of Disney and how you think about it in the future - and that is what they dont get. what will this few hundred dollars now cost them in the future?
Totally agree, they must have someone thinking ahead, but that common sense must have been overruled. Disney makes a couple hundred now but loses that person´s future hotel/meal/merch when they push back their trips or head to Universal. Or sell their DVC like we are thinking. And all that adds up to thousands! When is upper management going to be replaced?

Last edited:
We are going in December. I have the same thoughts as you. But I just bit the bullet and got Genie+ for my whole trip. We’ve sunk so much money into this trip that, at this point, what’s another few hundred? Especially if it has the potential to cut down our waits and make our trip better. Congratulations, Disney. I’m exactly the sucker you were looking for.
yeah probably what we’ll do….feeling like a sucker too!!

I have two more trips planned to Disney in the next few months... so the trip starting tomorrow will be the trial run to see if paying for Genie + will be worth it for the other trips. I do feel like a sucker for purchasing the Genie+ but then I remind myself I'll be at Disney TOMORROW!!!!

I apologize in advance because I am sure it’s been answered, but this thread is a lot to keep up with! We are staying at an Epcot resort and have no Epcot park reservations. We love to do one park in the morning and end up in Epcot for the late afternoon/evening after a resort break. Am I able to purchase an Individual LL pass for Remy at 7am?

I apologize in advance because I am sure it’s been answered, but this thread is a lot to keep up with! We are staying at an Epcot resort and have no Epcot park reservations. We love to do one park in the morning and end up in Epcot for the late afternoon/evening after a resort break. Am I able to purchase an Individual LL pass for Remy at 7am?

Yes :)

Yes for your question as PP replied.

Keep in mind can’t get Remy’s Boarding group without a park pass reservation Unless you are park hopping and scan in to your first park (some people have had the rare occasion success without Epcot park reservations when BGs were still available after 2 pm)

Sorry to have mislead - it is still working the way described. I WAS able to make a 2-3PM reservation for Jungle Cruise just now. On the Tip Board it was showing next available time - it isn't until you click INTO the attraction that it switches to 2PM (assuming it hasn't already gone out past that).

ETA- I see your follow up post. When I look at the Tip Board now the available time for JC is 10:40 AM so you pretty clearly are being offered something based on your hopper ticket, Did you identify MK as your second park in Genie? Maybe it offers hoppers those later options in all 3 of the other parks.

That's my question too. Is there something you have to do in advance of 7am to indicate that in addition to your park reservation (HS) that your 2nd park is MK? Or is having a park hopper enough?

I'd love for it to work this way. We always did standby in the mornings and scheduled FP+ for rides in the afternoon. If Genie + works as you describe, we could still continue to tour the parks just as we always have. I never liked the idea of grabbing FP's first thing in the morning just to get more- much preferred booking headliners in our evening park when waits are long for just about everything. To be able to book 3 LL's in an evening park would be awesome.
What the quoted poster described is exactly how it works. And what has been described by many people in this thread and elsewhere that have tried it.

Yup, I think tomorrow was even the example of a day with higher pricing - not too shocking that they consider Friday part of the weekend.

I expect the "weekend" pricing to be in place all of Thanksgiving week (and that's probably if we're lucky).
That's our week too!

Disney was kind enough to send me a reminder to have my HELOC in place before we arrive.

yes - but you are not happy about it - and that will probably change your view of Disney and how you think about it in the future - and that is what they dont get. what will this few hundred dollars now cost them in the future?
I have no intention of paying extra to ride attractions that I have ridden hundreds of times before and which should already be included in my park entry fee. I have a WDW trip coming up next week and my annual pass expires a few days after my trip. Depending on how this trip goes with not utilizing Genie+/IA$, I may not be renewing my annual pass for the first time in at least twenty plus years.

Question I am confused on: If you are park hopping do you have to wait until after 2 and/or after you get to the park to make any LLs (not LL$)? thanks!

Question I am confused on: If you are park hopping do you have to wait until after 2 and/or after you get to the park to make any LLs (not LL$)? thanks!
No. You can get them at 7 am if available with Genie+. We are seeing only a few rides like that that will have availability in afternoon in the am

Unless you are rope dropping, I would get first Ll with Genie+ at 7am for 9-8 am. Then keep rolling it until 11 am. Now I think here if you book Test Track at 5-6pm; youhave to wait from time your last got your pass, so in this case at 11 am you book 5-6pm BUT the cool off for getting another Genie+ pass will be 11 am-1 pm (can’t book any Genie+); but at 1 pm you can book Soarin 6-7pm

From what I’ve seen G+ will only let you make LL times after 2:00pm if it’s not in your reserved park. That’s where a lot of the stacking LLs is coming from. Your reservation is at AK. At 7:00am you can make a LL reservation at HS for Slinky after 2:00. Then 2 hours after park open, say 11:00am, you can make another HS LL reservation. Then the same at 1:00pm. You can leave AK and hop to HS at 2:00pm, having never used an AK LL, and you now have 3 stacked ones to use at HS.

That’s great. I was worried I would have to be physically entered into the park to make one. We take a break at the hotel each day so if I can check times then and snag a time that’s good for me (after 2) at the park I am hopping too. Well that works good for me. Thanks everyone!

From what I’ve seen G+ will only let you make LL times after 2:00pm if it’s not in your reserved park. That’s where a lot of the stacking LLs is coming from. Your reservation is at AK. At 7:00am you can make a LL reservation at HS for Slinky after 2:00. Then 2 hours after park open, say 11:00am, you can make another HS LL reservation. Then the same at 1:00pm. You can leave AK and hop to HS at 2:00pm, having never used an AK LL, and you now have 3 stacked ones to use at HS.
Not true. but MK just has a lot of ride availability; but we saw jungle cruise go into afternoon and people were able to stack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter