Disney Genie announcement

Sorry if I missed it in the long thread.....
If you make a LL with G+ and decide not to ride it.... can you cancel and book something else?

We used G+ at HWS yesterday, so here are a few thoughts about it. (1)We didn’t like the inflexibility of it. While you can see next available time for every LL ride in your park, you can’t modify your choice after selecting. You have to cancel and then choose what is currently offered. (2)We were on our phones much more than usual and had to start recharging early afternoon. We set alarms as reminders for when we could pull next LL, and while I think app showed a time for when you could make next selection, we didn’t want to miss it. For those who disliked being on phones to get additional FPs after first 3, you are really not going to like G+ because you now have to do this for every ride. (3) Just like FP, LL rides can run out, so you have to decide if you would rather book favorite first or risk pulling later so you can get closer to desired time if you have one. Ex - pull SDD first (which we did) or wait to try to get evening return time that we preferred. We didn’t want to take that chance. (4) We were unable to pull our second LL ride after tapping into SDD, as we were supposed to be able to do. It took about 35 minutes and 4 cast members to get this resolved, which was happening during our lunch pick up time. I stayed to resolve while DH got food. They tried several different things but finally had to take my magic band to the second SDD tap point and rescan it to clear the ride off my G+. The reason this was a G+ issue is that while this was happening, our next return window for our next ride jumped back by over an hour, which then pushed our whole day back if that makes sense. Guest services was great and gave us a recovery LL pass for the next ride we had wanted that we could use at any time and also gave us another LL pass to a different ride but for the next available slot she could find. It was just a lot to deal with. (My scan at second SDD had turned blue rather than green, while DH was green. I said to CM “shouldn’t that be green”, and she replied “It’s fine - come in through.” It wasn’t fine!) And (5) We were able to pull 4 LL rides, not counting the “pixie dust” extra ride we were given. So in conclusion, we didn’t like G+.
What 4 rides were you able to get? I’m really curious what rides people are using LL for specifically. Thanks. 🙂

No cancellations apparently. You would have to skip the ride and wait for the window to expire in order to make another G+ selection.

I don't know if this has been ask and answered. My dh and I have rode ROTR twice, my kids haven't been to disney since it's opened. Can we purchase ill$ for this ride for the kids only? Or will we have to purchase an iLL$ for everyone in our party? Also does ROTR, MMRR operate during early entry?

We're not planning to pay for Genie+. We are rope droppers, and we'll just head to the headliners first thing in the morning to get our rides in. Then go with the flow the rest of the day using the standby and single rider lines.
If your kids are old enough to stand in line and ride the attraction alone then you can just purchase the attraction for them only.

No cancellations apparently. You would have to skip the ride and wait for the window to expire in order to make another G+ selection.
That is not my understanding but it wasn't very clear yesterday. Because I read more than one report of someone doing it, it leads me to think it can be done (people maybe just didnt know they could or how to) rather than it being a glitch

I spoke this morning with a CM and he said you can purchase your next Genie+ at 120 minutes. His example: at 0703 I book Jungle Cruise...at 0903 I can book Peter Pan's Flight...let's say that takes 2 minutes so actually 0905...then at 1105 I can secure the next one.

That being said, I read earlier from a poster that they did 10 Genie+ in one day at MK (actually by 1700). They made it sound like once the park is open, each new Genie+ is based on you swiping into the current selection and then being able to secure the next one. If that's the case, I can see some big advantages at MK in our case with 2 little ones.

I believe you can reserve your next time when you use your current one or at 2 hours, whichever comes first. A Youtuber I watch did every ride in Magic Kingdom using Genie+ and only had one long wait they couldn't get a time for.

We are currently here at WDW. Yesterday we decided to test out Genie+ and two paid Lightening Lane Passes. We went to HS first, then hopped at 4pm to EPCOT. We decided it just isn’t worth the extra money and time it takes to do this. Right at 7am I added Genie+ and chose my first ride, SDD. You can’t choose another ride until 2 hours after the park opens. So at 11am we chose RNR. Then we couldn’t add another ride till 1pm. By that time everything we wanted to ride no longer had slots for Genie+. Slots did seem to open later in the evening, but we were already at EPCOT by then. We did do paid LL for ROTR and Ratatouille. ROTR was worth it, not Ratatouille. Now we are seasoned visitors (DVC since 1997), so we don’t want to ride some of the smaller attractions. And unfortunately that was all that was left by early afternoon. The price for all this was $39 plus tax per person. Interesting test, but not for us.
And this is exactly what my problem is with the whole thing. Thank you for the report.

So essentially it sold out before park opening? I honestly hadn't planned on that. I guess if it looks like it will continue to sell out leading up to our trip we will just rope drop since we do get the half hour early entry. Or get in line at the end of the night.
It was reported yesterday that additional ILL$ times for ILL$ rides were added at park opening when they became available for offsite guests to purchase.

I read you can cancel LL it’s just difficult to find where to cancel them and i forget how they said it can be done. I believe I saw it on IG but can’t remember where exactly.

Sorry if I missed it in the long thread.....
If you make a LL with G+ and decide not to ride it.... can you cancel and book something else?
Yes you can cancel and rebook but not if the window has opened. This is the LL as part of G+ not ILL$.

edited: just looked at our genie. Tap on your LL and then follow prompts to cancel.

Last edited:
Except before you could do this in the comfort of your home (for your first 3 at least), not while standing in the park wasting time.

Also, the people who got 12 LL were getting primarily the "little" rides, not the bigger ones. And I'm also going to guess they were bloggers that didn't have kids with them, and didn't mind having to zig zag all over the park chasing rides.
Exactly! Someone posted about one guy getting 14 LL. While he did ride Splash and Pirates most of his rides were like tea cups, Pooh and Ariel. 🙄

As I am understanding it, if you do not have a park reservation, it will only give you G+ and ILL options after 2pm in those parks. Thats how we're thinking of using it as well.

I worded my post poorly. I mean that we're much more likely to return around 4pm than 2pm. So if I'm park hopping and opting to use my LL for the 2nd park, getting a LL at 2pm or 3pm will alter my normal day of plans. We usually rope drop then either eat lunch in the park or back at the hotel. a quick nap (or at least off our feet), then a brief pool visit. We're going in FEB, so it's possible that we'd skip the pool part and 2pm would work.

I guess in that scenario I could use LL for my morning park, then check the schedules for then 2nd park when my next reservation slot opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter