Disney Genie announcement

How fast are the ROTR ILL going at 7 am? Would someone have time to get SDD LL and then get ROTR ILL right after?

Whoever was at the Waldorf,
You can buy Genie+ starting at 12Am on the day you want to use it.
You can make your first Genie+ selection at 7AM.
You can buy ILLS starting at park opening, unless the Waldorf is an affiliated hotel.

today the ILL for ROTR was unavailable (sold out) sometime between 8:45 and 9:30 am.

I really hope we can get some first hand accounts of people using genie today and some screen shots. This will help us with the strategizing that I do think we all want to do. I personally would like to see some data being generated on when the LLs ”ran out” or return times as of X o’clock, G+ or ILL$. It would help build some planning. Even though the crowd levels are no where near where they will be for my thanksgiving trip it would be helpful to know if SDD is running out of G+ by a particular time For expanse, one poster explained that they had a 11:20 g+ for SDD and therefore it was hard to get more than a few more in the day. I would like to know when the poster booked SDD that it was already 11ish.

I would also love this info on some of the other rides, like RnRc, smugglers run, etc. this is particularly important for HS with their current ride situation.

i can’t help it, I really just want to see some data!

another thing I would like confirmed is whether you can book morning G+ LL for a park which you do not have a reservation or do you have to go through the process of changing your reservation first?

How fast are the ROTR ILL going at 7 am? Would someone have time to get SDD LL and then get ROTR ILL right after?
From what i saw messing with the App yesterday, ROTR were available, albeit pretty late in the day, right until about 10 or 11ish.

Whoever was at the Waldorf,
You can buy Genie+ starting at 12Am on the day you want to use it.
You can make your first Genie+ selection at 7AM.
You can buy ILLS starting at park opening, unless the Waldorf is an affiliated hotel.

today the ILL for ROTR was unavailable (sold out) sometime between 8:45 and 9:30 am.

So essentially it sold out before park opening? I honestly hadn't planned on that. I guess if it looks like it will continue to sell out leading up to our trip we will just rope drop since we do get the half hour early entry. Or get in line at the end of the night.

Yes. per Kyle Pallo it wasn’t worth it until noon at MK;

you could also book MK pass at 10 am big Thunder (at 7 am if available); the. At 9 am book at the park you’re hopping to (2 pm genie+ at say Test track).

Now I’m Confusing myself, is it 8 or 9 when the next pass can be booked
I spoke this morning with a CM and he said you can purchase your next Genie+ at 120 minutes. His example: at 0703 I book Jungle Cruise...at 0903 I can book Peter Pan's Flight...let's say that takes 2 minutes so actually 0905...then at 1105 I can secure the next one.

That being said, I read earlier from a poster that they did 10 Genie+ in one day at MK (actually by 1700). They made it sound like once the park is open, each new Genie+ is based on you swiping into the current selection and then being able to secure the next one. If that's the case, I can see some big advantages at MK in our case with 2 little ones.

So is the next genie+ booking from the start of your booked Genie+ pass? I thought I saw Kyle or Molly say they weren‘t eligible to book another until 11 am when they had a 1 pm?

Yes. per Kyle Pallo it wasn’t worth it until noon at MK;

you could also book MK pass at 10 am big Thunder (at 7 am if available); the. At 9 am book at the park you’re hopping to (2 pm genie+ at say Test track).

Now I’m Confusing myself, is it 8 or 9 when the next pass can be booked
I spoke this morning with a CM and he said you can purchase your next Genie+ at 120 minutes. His example: at 0703 I book Jungle Cruise...at 0903 I can book Peter Pan's Flight...let's say that takes 2 minutes so actually 0905...then at 1105 I can secure the next one.

That being said, I read earlier from a poster that they did 10 Genie+ in one day at MK (actually by 1700). They made it sound like once the park is open, each new Genie+ is based on you swiping into the current selection and then being able to secure the next one. If that's the case, I can see some big advantages at MK in our case with 2 little ones.

Park opened at 9, it sold out by 9:30, so if you have to wait until park opening you had better do that first.

Remy did not sell out, and the 1 PM VQ was open until after 3.
What about the morning VQ's...how quick do they go?

Seconds? Minutes? Enough time to refill my coffee cup?

For offsite, G+ attractions are selected at 7am and ILL$ are purchased at park opening. For onsite, both can be done at 7am.

But in the example given, the first G+ was used at 9:15am, so you can grab the next one as soon as you tap into the first.

You are able to select individual members of your party to purchase for.
Thank you!

So is the next genie+ booking from the start of your booked Genie+ pass? I thought I saw Kyle or Molly say they weren‘t eligible to book another until 11 am when they had a 1 pm?
It begins either two hours after park opening, two hours after the last G+ reservation that you made after park opening (meaning 1 pm if you made one at 11 am for a 9am opening) OR once you've scanned in the second time for your current G+ reservation

IMO from reading the comments, I think the issue people have with Genie+ is not necessarily the cost but that they took away the spreadsheet planning that most loved. I would bet even if Genie+ was free most would hate it.

Personally I love the it. I hated all the planning and booking involved. My family is a go with the flow type.
For me I’m trying to decide if I will get my money’s worth with genie+. I have never before looked at anything in Disney that way. Right now, for my family and how we tour, I don’t see the worth. Maybe that will change as time goes on.

Here's what i got from booking Genie selections:

After you tap in for one Genie booking, you can make another. If you skip it and don't tap in, you wait until the booking expires.
If you book one that starts more than 2 hours after park opening, then you can make another 2 hours after park opening. (If the park opens at 9, you go on at 7 and book Slinky Dog for 5:30, then you can make an additional booking at 11. Apparently you can keep making and using additional bookings until 3:30, which is 2 hours from your Slinky Dog booking. Some of this is not clear yet.)

Sorry I don’t really mean to pick on you. I’m reading this post and just makes me think on where we were with FP+ where one could do all of this for no extra charge. But now people are planning on spending on g+ and ias per day and calling it awesome. SMH
I am sitting here saying the same thing..... What is awesome about it??! depending on the group size.... this person has just spent a significant amount of additional money!!!! Money that should be spent on the next day's meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter