• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

Just wanted to update the TouringPlans (aka - The REAL Disney genie) expected wait times for some popular MK attractions

Thunder Mnt - 12 minutes
Buzz - 18 minutes
Jungle Cruise - 53 minutes
Peter Pan - 64 minutes
Pirates - 12 minutes
Mine Train - 43 minutes
Space - 22 minutes
Splash - 20 minutes
Haunted Mansion - 21 minutes
Pooh - 24 minutes
Speedway - 20 minutes
People Mover - 13 minutes

further it seems the cool off period once park is open is 2 hours.

so another scenario is I come to the park and I book one for 3pm. It's currently 930- so now I can make another at 1130am. I get a return time for 4pM when I book at 1130. I can now make another selection at 130...at 130 I get a selection for 6pm. I now have passes booked from 3,4 and 6pm. All stacked.
In theory you are correct, however the challenge is finding a LL option for 3 PM at 9:30 AM. You only get what they show as available and most likely a ride will not be booked out till 3 PM already at 9:30 AM unless it’s an incredibly popular ride

Dan

You are paying for the use of LL why not let us use it for the attractions we want regardless how many times!
Oh, you know Chapcheck has that covered when v2.0 drops. It will be called Genie ++ and it will be more money than the one LL Genie +!

The biggest mistake people will make with G+ is trying to use it to save time on attractions before it's really needed. Success with this platform will not be found by how many LL's someone can grab but rather grabbing the ones that save you the most time for the best attractions at the most popular times of the day.
Yes. That would be me as I don’t want to deal with the payment issues. Whoever monetized this is going to get a huge bonus; unless they were fired.

I'm curious about G+ and party nights - we're doing HS on the day we got Very Merriest tickets and will most likely buy G+ for that day. I'm wondering if we'll be able to continue using it for the 7-8pm hour at MK. (Not that it'll make a huge difference... but it would be nice.)

In theory you are correct, however the challenge is finding a LL option for 3 PM at 9:30 AM. You only get what they show as available and most likely a ride will not be booked out till 3 PM already at 9:30 AM unless it’s an incredibly popular ride

Dan
correct and thats when strategy and knowing the patterns will come into play. Also helpful when you plan your return to the park during an afternoon break or arriving late.

I'm curious about G+ and party nights - we're doing HS on the day we got Very Merriest tickets and will most likely buy G+ for that day. I'm wondering if we'll be able to continue using it for the 7-8pm hour at MK. (Not that it'll make a huge difference... but it would be nice.)
hummmmm now thats a question!

So, I have military salute tix and I am unable to add Genie +. Is my only option to call and wait in this hour+ phone line? Any work arounds?
Did you get your tickets from Shades of Green or from a Travel & Tourism Office on Post? I received tickets from Shades of Green so they are already activated through Disney and was able to add the Genie+. Tickets from ITT Offices aren't activated until you go to a Disney Ticket Booth.

For those having issues added Genie+, someone helped me to get it added. I had to log into the MDE online and go to My Plans - Change Tickets. I scrolled down to Genie+ and added. It rang up the total correctly w/tax and I paid for it. Done.
I’m too afraid to do anything right now. I know it will freeze or something.

Um - no. You don't seem to understand how the system works. Not everyone has had the chance to get it yet. You get one ride at a time. It will take you the better part of day to get through all of the rides. You seem to want a system that benefits you to the detriment of everyone else who paid the same amount you did simply because you choose to be in the park earlier. A family that wants to do a ride a 2nd time after using LL can get on line like everyone else. I could use your rationale to say that purchase limits on items are stupid. I mean if they're "still available" . . . . Disney has decided to make a system to allow the largest number of people to be able to ride each attraction. You just want a system that allows you to ride whatever attraction you want as many times as you want even if it means someone else won't get to ride. As I said - you may not like it - but saying it's stupid and there's no reason for it is just amazingly selfish. There is an exceptionally easy to understand reason for this which I don't think is lost on most everyone else who understands the phrase "you've already had your turn".
That would be after hours parties or extended deluxe hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter