Disney Genie announcement

I found a pseudo way to refresh!!! For a given attraction...

Say Rockin Roller Coaster at HS. At the moment 11:49am, it had the LL availability at 2:15pm. This is further out than I want. I clicked the "Book Experience" button, but instead of booking it, I backed out of that screen by hitting the little "x" in top left corner. When the previous screen came back with all the LL attractions and times, RnRC had bumped down to a 12:15pm availability! So you can bounce back and forth by clicking the "Book Experience" button, then back back out and see if the time changed to a better option. It could go longer or shorter, but it does appear to be working like refresh did. It appears to adjust the return window based on guests cancelling and windows opening up.

Once you find a time that you like, THEN book it. You can't refresh then after you actually booked it, but instead you refreshed before you booked it.

Dan

Great find!

I was able to get a better time as well. At first I kept getting 2:25 for a return, but after doing this method a couple of times I got at 1:10pm.

7685F308-8F5A-4C4C-9D02-655C5DAA5B7C.jpeg
Some humor in this stressful day. I found it funny Disney kept the standard Latin language that the bottom of the tip board.

For those not familiar, programmers will insert a generalized text (the Loren ipsum part) when they know text must go there, they just know what it should say yet. The inclusion somewhere usually points to a lack of quality control.

I found a pseudo way to refresh!!! For a given attraction...

Say Rockin Roller Coaster at HS. At the moment 11:49am, it had the LL availability at 2:15pm. This is further out than I want. I clicked the "Book Experience" button, but instead of booking it, I backed out of that screen by hitting the little "x" in top left corner. When the previous screen came back with all the LL attractions and times, RnRC had bumped down to a 12:15pm availability! So you can bounce back and forth by clicking the "Book Experience" button, then back back out and see if the time changed to a better option. It could go longer or shorter, but it does appear to be working like refresh did. It appears to adjust the return window based on guests cancelling and windows opening up.

Once you find a time that you like, THEN book it. You can't refresh then after you actually booked it, but instead you refreshed before you booked it.

ETA: I just had Smugglers run bump from 6pm to 3pm doing this. I think the more popular the attraction the more the times will jump around. Be aware, the time may also go longer, say for Smugglers run it could change from 6:10pm to 6:20pm, but if you keep trying you may be able to snag an earlier time that pops up. Just like my two examples.

I have to say, G+ is a HUGE improvement over only standby. Granted, this is low crowd time, so I'll be interested to see how it works when moderate/high crowds are in the parks.

Dan
That process is called "Fiddle - Faddle"!!! :goodvibes

View attachment 614620
Some humor in this stressful day. I found it funny Disney kept the standard Latin language that the bottom of the tip board.

For those not familiar, programmers will insert a generalized text (the Loren ipsum part) when they know text must go there, they just know what it should say yet. The inclusion somewhere usually points to a lack of quality control.

Mine actually has a legal disclaimer, in English. Strange!

So our ILL$ window opens in about 30 minute but ROTR is down. Any word or idea what the protocol is or will be? CMs kind of overrun at moment.
This is what I read on Twitter about that..."Rise of the Resistance is down. Guests holding Individual Lightning Lane return times during the outage *should* have an all-day return pass appear in Genie once their time hits. Guests who do not have an all-day pass are being asked to go to the Guest Exp. Team. "

Not for everyone. The point of LL for most people is to ride as many attractions in a single day like the old FP system.
Apples and oranges. The point was that in most cases the standby line is always "quicker" if what you're referring to is how long from that moment you can get on a particular single ride. The return time for most rides will be at least a little later than what the standby is. What you're talking about is how LL (and FP) allows you to do standby on another ride or do something else while you're waiting for your return on the reserved ride. So yes - in a day using this gets you on more rides. That doesn't change the fact that seeing a return time 60+ minutes from now for a ride with a 45 minute standby is not odd - it's typical. But as I noted, there will be some quirks - I could almost always with FP+, for example with refreshing, get a Small World return time for 5-10 minutes in the future even if the standby was 30+ minutes!

I have Genie installed. Park tickets and onsite resort is all linked but it says I cannot purchase Genie+ until the day of my park day. Ugh! That is frustrating.

Planning for my day next week-- where in the app do you see where to purchase the Genie+ ?? That day at midnight does something populate the app so you can purchase for that day??

Apples and oranges. The point was that in most cases the standby line is always "quicker" if what you're referring to is how long from that moment you can get on a particular single ride. The return time for most rides will be at least a little later than what the standby is. What you're talking about is how LL (and FP) allows you to do standby on another ride or do something else while you're waiting for your return on the reserved ride. So yes - in a day using this gets you on more rides. That doesn't change the fact that seeing a return time 60+ minutes from now for a ride with a 45 minute standby is not odd - it's typical. But as I noted, there will be some quirks - I could almost always with FP+, for example with refreshing, get a Small World return time for 5-10 minutes in the future even if the standby was 30+ minutes!
The biggest mistake people will make with G+ is trying to use it to save time on attractions before it's really needed. Success with this platform will not be found by how many LL's someone can grab but rather grabbing the ones that save you the most time for the best attractions at the most popular times of the day.

Totally agree with everyone that says they need to get rid of the "only once a day" thing!
If after you ride using LL ... example Thunder Mt.... if there are still times available... you should be allowed to use LL again! that is the stupidest rule!!! You are paying for the use of LL why not let us use it for the attractions we want regardless how many times!
I don't like for me personally it but I at least understand the rationale behind it. It may not be advantageous for some - but it's far from "stupid". Allowing for repeated use will cause the return times to get exhausted much faster. Their goal is to allow as many different people to be able to use LL on each attraction. Taking your "you paid for it" argument - there are lots of other people who paid for it as well and the system won't work if there are too many rides that have all return times exhausted too early. For some rides like SDD it's going to happen anyway - but it would happen with a lot more rides if they offered rerides wtih LL. They need to make sure people who are there later in the day get priority to use LL over someone who's already ridden it.

Planning for my day next week-- where in the app do you see where to purchase the Genie+ ?? That day at midnight does something populate the app so you can purchase for that day??

In the app, I click on My Day tab. Scroll down the park day and a purple bar with Genie+ should be there. Click on "Get Disney Genie+ Service".

Not for everyone. The point of LL for most people is to ride as many attractions in a single day like the old FP system.

Totally agree with this. For me the benefit of LL/FP is being able to ride as many rides as possible while I’m in the park. I don’t mind waiting in reasonable standby lines. (Understanding that what’s reasonable to me might not be reasonable to you.). I just want to be able to avoid massive day-killer lines. Which FP allowed me to do. I always thought of it as an efficiency tool—something that allowed me to get the most bang from my Disney buck. For us, that’s riding as many rides as possible at least once, not avoiding lines completely.

View attachment 614620

You aren't seeing dead people, are you?

So, and I apologize if this has already been answered, if I book one of the in-demand rides like SDD for hypothetically 5PM and then, at 11 book a less busy ride like Barnstormer (I know, wrong park) once I check in to Barnstormer can I immediately book another ride or is the fact that my SDD Genie+ selection going to prevent me since I'll have a ride scheduled and it won't have been 120 minutes since my last booking? In other words, will the app indicate I have a ride booked and it hasn't been 120 minutes since my last booking so I can't rebook until that time expires or, since I've tapped in to the second ride, I'm allowed to book another?
This is an important question that I don’t htink anyone can have the ansewr to yet, since it’s only noon on day one. Hard for this scenario to have happened yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter