Disney Genie announcement

So our ILL$ window opens in about 30 minute but ROTR is down. Any word or idea what the protocol is or will be? CMs kind of overrun at moment.

For me I have a 14 day pass, it can see my park reservations and knows I have a ticket but keeps barracking me about not having valid theme park admission.

View attachment 614619
We have 8 day park hoppers for a trip 11/5-11/12. I was expecting to be able to set up some info ahead of time, but I keep getting the same error as you

Edited to add that I have changed the date, trying each day of our trip and I get the same error every time

Reactions: itf

Seems that LL seems to be a good deal at MK. Looks like you can do back to back attractions. Even if you’re “only” saving 15-20 minutes per attraction that adds up.
So, and I apologize if this has already been answered, if I book one of the in-demand rides like SDD for hypothetically 5PM and then, at 11 book a less busy ride like Barnstormer (I know, wrong park) once I check in to Barnstormer can I immediately book another ride or is the fact that my SDD Genie+ selection going to prevent me since I'll have a ride scheduled and it won't have been 120 minutes since my last booking? In other words, will the app indicate I have a ride booked and it hasn't been 120 minutes since my last booking so I can't rebook until that time expires or, since I've tapped in to the second ride, I'm allowed to book another?

I found a pseudo way to refresh!!! For a given attraction...

Say Rockin Roller Coaster at HS. At the moment 11:49am, it had the LL availability at 2:15pm. This is further out than I want. I clicked the "Book Experience" button, but instead of booking it, I backed out of that screen by hitting the little "x" in top left corner. When the previous screen came back with all the LL attractions and times, RnRC had bumped down to a 12:15pm availability! So you can bounce back and forth by clicking the "Book Experience" button, then back back out and see if the time changed to a better option. It could go longer or shorter, but it does appear to be working like refresh did. It appears to adjust the return window based on guests cancelling and windows opening up.

Once you find a time that you like, THEN book it. You can't refresh then after you actually booked it, but instead you refreshed before you booked it.

ETA: I just had Smugglers run bump from 6pm to 3pm doing this. I think the more popular the attraction the more the times will jump around. Be aware, the time may also go longer, say for Smugglers run it could change from 6:10pm to 6:20pm, but if you keep trying you may be able to snag an earlier time that pops up. Just like my two examples.

I have to say, G+ is a HUGE improvement over only standby. Granted, this is low crowd time, so I'll be interested to see how it works when moderate/high crowds are in the parks.

ETA2: I think I found a faster, simpler way to refresh. After doing the method I mention above one time(clicking the "Book Experience" and backing back out...) then you can simply click the "Tip Board" at the top of the screen. This also refreshes the times times and it's faster/easier.

Dan

Last edited:
I have no idea, but the idea that this would even be necessary is just ridiculous. I used to single handedly plan our trips (for my nuclear family and our extended families). This was fine because I could do it ahead of time, and then relax. Now not only will I have to be figuring all this nonsense on the fly each morning, I'll probably have to rope other members of my party into doing the same, coordinating who is "working on" what. I don't know that this is what I want my vacation to feel like.
Lol, this was my thoughts also. But its just me and my 10 year old. Now i will have to get her a phone. Otherwise, what happens if you break yours? You need a phone for this. But fear not, Disney will have cell phone shops in the near future. Just wait untill you see the prices with those. :teeth:

So, and I apologize if this has already been answered, if I book one of the in-demand rides like SDD for hypothetically 5PM and then, at 11 book a less busy ride like Barnstormer (I know, wrong park) once I check in to Barnstormer can I immediately book another ride or is the fact that my SDD Genie+ selection going to prevent me since I'll have a ride scheduled and it won't have been 120 minutes since my last booking? In other words, will the app indicate I have a ride booked and it hasn't been 120 minutes since my last booking so I can't rebook until that time expires or since I've tapped in to the second ride I'm allowed to book another since the existing booking was made more than 120 minutes prior.

You can continue booking after you are off barnstormer.

Your date says Friday, August 19. Maybe that's too far out or something?

Entirely possible, but it will only let me view dates we have a booking for. When I hit change day, it only shows us Aug 2022, which is where we have park reservations, but then thinks we have no ticket. Maybe I'm an edge case and it'll get fixed with the next revision.

Totally agree with everyone that says they need to get rid of the "only once a day" thing!
If after you ride using LL ... example Thunder Mt.... if there are still times available... you should be allowed to use LL again! that is the stupidest rule!!! You are paying for the use of LL why not let us use it for the attractions we want regardless how many times!

I have Genie installed. Park tickets and onsite resort is all linked but it says I cannot purchase Genie+ until the day of my park day. Ugh! That is frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter