Disney Genie announcement

I would expect that this would be like FP+ in that there were a certain number FPs available for an attraction and when they are gone, they are gone. What that number is would be anyone's guess. Now that you are paying for it, you would hope that number would be higher.
Also, there will be less people taking advantage of G+ since it isn't free, and more rides available since you can only do them once each.

It really FEELS like there's a chance the good rides might run out of passes, so you'd be left with the rides that never needed Genie+ in the first place.

My baseline expectation is that availability will be similar to the availability of paper FPs, which for the most popular attractions were either gone or pushed well into the evening by late morning or early afternoon.

The erasing the pass if you already rode it is at 18 minutes in the video, so if you rode Big Thunder (standby), genie (free only; not standby) will erase a later pass

Edit: Genie will only erase a selection from a suggested itinerary not your paid passes

Last edited:
That assumes, like under FP+, you get to choose your attraction and return window. Based on discussion so far it doesn’t really sound like Genie+ will operate that way. If Genie never offers you Soarin’ at a time you can use in the afternoon….you may be out of luck. I hope that’s not the case. We’ll know in a week….
From what's been said you won't be able to pick your return time. Whatever ride you pick, you have to take the return time they give you.

I’m watching Dis unplugged and it was said that if you have a pass later and you just rode the same ride, genie knows what you’re doing and will erase that pass!!!!

so I can’t come in during resort guest early entry and ride the ride that I have my first genie+ for
To quote Molly “Don’t you dare Genie!” If i am willing to do standby for a ride I like and have also paid for LL g+ for that ride, my LL pass should not be erased!

Touché. Although I suspect they would make a G+ exception to get rid of CoP LL passes.
You all are forgetting the “Surprise Fast Passes” that used to spit out of the machines when you were getting a FP you actually wanted. Now Genie will just **poof** the equivalent Philharmagic or CoP LL pass to your phone…..to be ignored and unused just like the old paper Surprise Fast Passes.

Not the LLIA paid rides but the genie suggestions Will get erased if you rode it standby

they used slinky dog as an example; if you have a 5 pm genie suggested free (edit: not genie+) pass but rode it when it had a lower wait at 3; it will erase it from the itinerary, so you can’t ride it twice (still confused and think it’s disadvantageous to standby)

Edit: Genie will only erase a selection from a suggested itinerary not your paid passes

Last edited:

I’m watching Dis unplugged and it was said that if you have a pass later and you just rode the same ride, genie knows what you’re doing and will erase that pass!!!!

so I can’t come in during resort guest early entry and ride the ride that I have my first genie+ for
What you are saying is that if you ride something standby the Mouse will know, and that will preclude you from being able to make a G+ or ILL reservation. Sorry, I’m not buying that.

To quote a penguin “well that sucks”

What you are saying is that if you ride something standby the Mouse will know, and that will preclude you from being able to make a G+ or ILL reservation. Sorry, I’m not buying that.
That would make G+ beyond worthless. If that is how it is going to work, Disney needs to state the “rules” on its website before launching. Why buy it? Turn off Bluetooth, use Lines app, and just do what you want.

Well all I think we have discussed it to death lol. ..

All that's left is for it to roll out.. 1 week from today!

those who are genie pigs just know that you will have a wonderful trip and a good story to tell!

They had a media preview and the erasing the genie suggest itinerary (free) pass if you rode standby is mentioned clearly

Last edited:
If it erases your LL if you rode standby it really makes G+ a very rigid system that we now have to pay for. Wow.

If that’s the case I’ll stick with my plan on buying ILL for the evening park and doing RD at a separate park. Like I did with FP+.

The erasing the pass if you already rode it is at 18 minutes in the video, so if you rode Big Thunder (standby), genie+ will erase a later pass

I just watched the video at the point where this is discussed and I'm not sold that he is right. I'm sure that there was some miscommunication somewhere. Not about the Big Brother, that's a given (lol), but about it actually erasing a FF you have if you ride standby earlier. Perhaps it is if you somehow managed to get through on the Lightning Lane earlier that it would then erase your later FP? Because that makes sense and is totally valid.

You’re misunderstanding something I think or they are not explaining it correctly. How could Genie know what you rode using a standby line?
that can’t be true. What if you didn’t have a magic band, and you turned off Bluetooth/location services?
yeah, this.

Not the LLIA paid rides but the genie+ Will get erased if you rode it standby

they used slinky dog as an example; if you have a 5 pm genie+ pass but rode it when it had a lower wait at 3; it will erase the genie+ pass
What if you ride it at 3 but it had a longer wait….do you get to keep your Genie+ reservation then?

Me thinks our Genie+ threads have jumped the shark!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter