• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

I just got my genie+ announcement email from my travel agent and in following the links to Disney info I am reading the following regarding Ia$:

”this option will be available for all guests - with or without Disney Genie+ service - and let’s you choose a time to arrive at up to 2 attractions each day (booked one at a time).

So, my reading of that is that I can only purchase one of the individual LL selections until I use my second one As this is the same language that is used for booking Genie+ LLs also. does anyone have confirmation of that?

This particular piece surprised me. That will alter my plans if I WAS swallowing the price tags, it means I might not be able to expect to ride say, RotR and Remy in the same day and would have to set those park days up differently.
To me that reads more like you would need to do two separate transactions for each ride but not that you have to finish a ride on one before you can book another.

I saw them. That would be a big fat NO for us. No way are we spending $25-30 for the 3 of us to ride Space Mountain, or $45 to get on Rise, or any of the other pay-to-ride options. If standby lines are long, we may never see some of those attractions again which I find incredibly sad. Hopefully Everest will at least keep the single rider line.

Disney is really working hard to make the parks less and less appealing.
Single rider line is going to have a toll booth on it. Exact Change only.

Am I missing something…have they published the costs for the individual attractions…the only thing I saw was that it would vary based on the day..
ugh..not that we will ever do that ..count me out

the regular lightening lane I might consider for MK depending on how many attractions people actually get on.

I think this whole program is just sad…nickel and diming people for things that were always included……I know they are a publicly traded company and are beholden to their shareholders which I am..but this just seems terrible…Im glad we are empty nesters now and doing all the attractions isn’t the biggest deal.

Am I missing something…have they published the costs for the individual attractions…the only thing I saw was that it would vary based on the day..
ugh..not that we will ever do that ..count me out
It’s kind of hidden in the FAQ and just gives examples, not complete details.

Right smack in the middle of my trip...

Looks like you can add it to *new* ticket orders as an option but *existing* tickets need to have it added on a daily basis?

Very very serious question... How insane is this going to make the parks on launch day??? The thought of logging in from my hotel at 7 am using a brand new Disney system is just a recipe for IT failure.

This reads like you can do in advance ... not sure about AP.

" ... you’ll be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit or purchase as an add-on to a theme park ticket by modifying your existing ticket prior to arrival."

Good luck to anyone who just wants to wait on the normal lines. Disney will do everything in their power to make you pay. I expect it to be slow as hell. You know it, and I know it

I will never get over having to pay for something that was a beautiful perk and free for everyone. I don't blame them. Everyone complains. Everyone hated it. Everyone screamed. Disney said" Yeah so what, you're still going to come anyway " Same with the nighttime shows. They don't care cause people will still come. Who in the HELL wants to get up everyday at 7 if you are not rope dropping to book this? I sleep in till at least 8:30-9 on Disney park days. So instead of 60 days before being stressed. Now we get to be stressed every morning of our trip

And quite honestly, anyone who pays for this, has no right to complain about anything Disney does to nickel and dime its customers. If you want real change, hit them in the pockets and just don't go. If we just continue to go, we're the fools who just complain and still take it.

In the end, it is what it is and we're probably going to just accept this new Disney chapek + era. Remember folks, once this works, it will only get more expensive.. and we will be saying the same thing..with the same result

Last edited:
Another Genie-pig here. It hits on our last 2 days: Magic Kindgom and 2nd Hollywood Studios. We will buy Genie + for those days because of the parks we’ll be at, but I’m envisioning chaos. Hoping they update the app before the 19th so we can play with it a bit. nothing like trying to figure out how to buy and book at 7:00 am day of.

"You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability)."

If there's no MaxPass-style cool down period where you can select another LL after a certain amount of time, I'm out.

It still seems to only mention making one at a time.. anybody read or know any different?

Bloggers are there all the time. Honestly I don't think it'll be a noticeable difference with them spread out.
We were there a few weeks ago. Didn't notice any bloggers even though they are there all the time. Did see John and Kevin though..

"You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability)."

If there's no MaxPass-style cool down period where you can select another LL after a certain amount of time, I'm out.
You beat me to posting. I agree if there’s no period in between to make another selection and I have to wait until afternoon to even make one based on availability I’m out too.

Any mention on park hopping? For example, can I make LL request for MK in the morning and then at Epcot in the evening (after I use my MK LL of course)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter