Disney Genie announcement

Believe what you want.
His point was not that he “believes” something different but simply that there wasn’t sufficient information to be certain. If any of us had to actually place a bet I suspect everyone here would now bet it is limited to one ride pp. This is a bit surprising as it suggest disneys primary focus is to reduce wait times and overall customer satisfaction, rather than profiteering as assumed in most of this thread (and leads to skepticism that such a limitation would last long).
However, being confident something is likely is not the same thing as being certain. As more information comes in (such as the post above yours) it becomes increasingly likely. However, until it comes from Disney we can only assume with confidence—similar to but not the same as being certain.

Full disclosure - I went to link and discovered that Scott was going off the info from Carlye on this.
I’m fairly confident they all are, hearing it from someone else that is. Except the 1 or 2 people who actually spoke to this cast member of course. They didn’t all speak to a cast member personally but are reporting it as if they did. That’s enough to cast doubt on the validity of the information.
His point was not that he “believes” something different but simply that there wasn’t sufficient information to be certain. If any of us had to actually place a bet I suspect everyone here would now bet it is limited to one ride pp. This is a bit surprising as it suggest disneys primary focus is to reduce wait times and overall customer satisfaction, rather than profiteering as assumed in most of this thread (and leads to skepticism that such a limitation would last long).
However, being confident something is likely is not the same thing as being certain. As more information comes in (such as the post above yours) it becomes increasingly likely. However, until it comes from Disney we can only assume with confidence—similar to but not the same as being certain.
Exactly. And thankyou.

Last edited:
Believe what you want.
No need for that and as stated previously, it has nothing to do with what I believe. I‘ve gone through it all and am just politely presenting a point of view and perhaps some context of what is been “reported” by the various vloggers and fan sites.

Last edited:
Just chiming in to say that my sister had a meeting at work regarding Genie about a week ago, and her exact words to me were that "you can't re-ride a ride." She doesn't work in attractions so she wasn't given in-depth training, just enough to help guests with simple questions.

I’m fairly confident they all are, hearing it from someone else that is. Except the 1 or 2 people who actually spoke to this cast member of course. They didn’t all speak to a cast member personally but are reporting it as if they did. That’s enough to cast doubt on the validity of the information.
It wasn't 1 or 2 people who spoke to a cast member it was at Genie+ preview event. This quote is right from the AllEars article.

"during a special preview event today, a Cast Member shared with us guests will NOT be able to re-ride attractions with Genie+."

What's more valid then that? It might as well be Disney themselves that say it. Or you don't want to believe that either?

It wasn't 1 or 2 people who spoke to a cast member it was at Genie+ preview event. This quote is right from the AllEars article.

"during a special preview event today, a Cast Member shared with us guests will NOT be able to re-ride attractions with Genie+."

What's more valid then that? It might as well be Disney themselves that say it. Or you don't want to believe that either?
You’re assuming the comment and the cast member in question was part of the official preview presentation. It’s not written that way at all. It’s written as if this was a comment from a cast member who was approached by someone and asked a question. Had this been part of the presentation I would expect details on the cast members position, perhaps name like many many other reports I’ve seen on preview events in the past. It is also written as if it’s seperate from the official presentation as the screen previews of Genie and this are mentioned separately in all the articles. Plus if one vlogger has already admitted they heard of this comment through someone else even though they were there, why wouldn’t have they heard it if it was part of the official presentation?
I probably am wrong, it doesn’t matter, I was just sharing an opinion. But if getting abuse, sarcasm and ridicule from people who should know better is my reward then I just won’t bother any more.
So have it your own way, I won’t bother commenting on this thread any more. Goodbye.

Last edited:

Exactly. And thankyou.
Scott was at the same preview that Carlye was. He was just reiterating and agreeing with what she said. I was only pointing out that he didn’t directly link anything.

This will help the standby lines not having a stream of people bypassing it repeatedly. Whole families booking repeated rides in tsm would cause huge standbys

It also confirms it’s not getting used at AK and probably Epcot for me

Of course they can always introduce Disneygenie ++.

Wouldn’t it be Lightning Lane individual attraction plus (Like Magic Band+). ‘Plus’ is starting to feel like a dollar sign.

We need a Genie minus to cancel all these pluses, otherwise my mathematically challenged mind is going to explode!

Wait- Genie Star *

Wish upon a genie star…

Well, the fact that you can’t use the lightning lane more than once per ride makes it a no go for us. I had planned on buying it for our 10 day trip because we hate to wait in lines. Unfortunately, we don’t ride every ride but like to ride the same rides over and over. I thought $15 was a high but ok price for our family. Now, there is no way I would pay it.

I slept on this and thought overnight. Am I the only one who thinks it’s only matter of time for genie++ where you can pay more to ride more then once? Maybe even a per ride add on fee?

Definitely. Everything right now is introductory. Lots of room to change things and add more.

I agree with you on standby lines moving faster with no re-rides. This is good news for those who weren't going to get G+ or were going to get it rarely.

Or for those that don’t do a lot of re-rides or use other ways to re-ride rides that didn’t include FP. There are certain rides we do ride over and over but we never were big FP refresh people. We got maybe an additional FP or two a day after our initial 3 but most days we didn’t even get 1 extra one.

We re-ride things since we go on longer trips (8-10 nights) and hit each park multiple times and utilize rope drop and end of the night short lines. We did ToT 4 times in a row late at night one trip. We were the last ride of the night too. We did the same with EE one morning. Same with TSM and Splash. We did all this without FP and I think we will continue even with Genie+.

With the new announcement I think stand by lines will move much quicker. We do plan on buying it but I’m also anxiously waiting to read trip reports and how people utilize it and what loop holes they find. We don’t go until late next year so lots of time to see.
Well of course they'll move quicker if fewer people are using the lightning lane. But they won't move faster than they are now. And they're still at a somewhat limited capacity.

The biggest issue with this for me is that there is no longer anything on the horizon making me hopeful about making the parks work for us. We've already cut some Disney days off to head to Universal next time. I can see us turning that dial and adding more days there.

A friend just put this into great words for me. They don't *love* Universal as much. But they always seem to have more *fun* there.

I agree with you on standby lines moving faster with no re-rides. This is good news for those who weren't going to get G+ or were going to get it rarely.

How are people coming to this conclusion that no re rides will lower standby waits? The Standby wait is going to be affected by the core number of Lightning Lane slots for any given hour. Let's just use 500 slots per hour for a big ride like Space Mountain, which has an hourly ride capacity of 2000 (giving us a 1:3 ratio of LL to Standby guests). That 500 number will be fixed, and it doesn't matter WHO uses the LL, just that 500 CAN. If the full number of LL slots gets booked every hour, the Standby line will be what it is.

The Standby line only becomes shorter in this scenario if Disney fails to sell enough LL to fill that 500 slots per hour.

All that rerideability will do is make it perhaps slightly more difficult to get a LL return time. It has no impact on the Standby lines.

I slept on this and thought overnight. Am I the only one who thinks it’s only matter of time for genie++ where you can pay more to ride more then once? Maybe even a per ride add on fee?
I 100% think that's where they are headed with it.

That's the thinking.

So you're saying that by not allowing rerides, the Standby lines will be shorter BECAUSE no one will buy Genie+? Is that right?

I mean, it's a logical conclusion, but it's unfortunately way too optimistic. The same type of people who bought into the dining plan will buy Genie+. It will, to our chagrin, be a success, at least at WDW, where the FOMO mentality is strong among visitors.

In my opinion, it will flop massively at DL because people will compare it unfavorably to Maxpass.

I hate this new development (one lightning lane per ride per day).

It's great for people who like to do everything once. But many of us have our favorites (along with our list of rides that we don't particularly care for). For us, much of the fun of a Disney trip comes from riding those favorites over and over.

Yes, this will probably make the standby lines go faster. But we saw from the peak crowds this summer (which were much lower than they will be when we finally put the pandemic behind us) that, even with no fastpass/LL at all, standby lines can get very long. There are a lot of us out there who simply do not want to pay thousands of dollars for a theme park vacation when we have no choice but to spend much of the day standing in long lines -- or even slightly-less-long lines.

This development seems to be more evidence that Disney is willing to alienate repeat and loyal customers in order to attract more once-in-lifetime visitors --- who are likely to want to try every ride once and don't yet have any favorites --- since those people tend to spend more on each trip.

We have been over the pros and cons of that marketing strategy ad nauseam on these boards. I'm in the camp that views it as short-sighted and unwise. But, regardless of the wisdom of the strategy, it will do what it sets out to do: make Disney less desirable to those of us who have reliably given them large sums of money for years. I think that Disney is playing with fire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter