Disney Genie announcement

The rumor is the top 2 rides, in each park, will be the ala carte rides and not available with the $15 Genie+

That's fine for MK, but if you take the top 2 at the other 3 parks...there isn't much left...
What is the second most popular ride at MK? Seems like a tiny difference between 2&3 as I don't know which is which.

I'm on the fence. The Complimentary portion is cool, but I don't trust the wait times because they can change so rapidly. Also with the + version, are you going to be waiting around till the next attraction. Say we're in Fantasy land and nothing is really available, next best one is an hour away. What do you do then, scramble on your phone to find an attraction in the meantime.

Oddly enough, I did not receive the email. But then, I never seem to receive the emails.

I really want to know which rides will be a la carte. I know DLR better--I can tell you right now which rides I fully expect to be top tier. But some of the WDW parks have so few rides to start with, or most of the rides seem like contenders. So, MK will probably be Mine Train and I'm guessing one of the mountains. There's still plenty left to ride without those though. What do you do with the other 3 parks that just don't have that many rides or those where most of the rides could be contenders?

I genuinely would like to know…how does the average person who doesn’t keep up with Disney news understand how to navigate the parks? There’s park reservations, new rules for park hopping, mobile ordering, restaurant reservations, boarding groups, all these new Genie things, constantly changing mask rules, etc. etc. It’s making my head spin!

ROTR and Remy’s won’t be available on Genie+ I bet, I think it’ll be individual for-purchase attractions. So families can decide ahead of time if that’s something they’ll even want to pay to ride, and then choose to wake up early not.

From reading Josh D’Amaro, RotR will remain a virtual queue (currently 7 a.m.) as well as paid (Lightning Lane individual attraction purchase 7 a.m).

I don’t quite understand it all, but it all seems like a lot to juggle at 7 a.m.

Count me in the camp of ‘not happy about having to get up before 7am every day of “vacation.”’ Disney, bless your heart, what in the world are you doing?

Totally agree !! We are night owls on vacay !!! Late to bed, late to rise--- Last thing I want to dois wake up so early for this !! -- if they WERE going to make a paid FP service, couldnt they make one where you could book at rides ahead of time (the 60- day window would work)

The fact that there is no price range mentioned for the pay-per-ride attractions is egregiously discourteous.
They are not pay per ride attractions.

You have the option to purchase 2 time specific rides on the Tier 1 group per day just like making an ADR for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

You also have the option of using VQ for rides that support that feature and the normal queue for rides that don't use the VQ option.

Note: the number of Individual Attraction times will be limited just like ADRs.

Dave

The fact that there is no price range mentioned for the pay-per-ride attractions is egregiously discourteous.

Good point. Is it an extra $5 or $50? At this point it could be anything.

What is the second most popular ride at MK? Seems like a tiny difference between 2&3 as I don't know which is which.

Maybe Seven Dwarfs and Space Mountain? In 2022 Tron is definitely going to take the #1 spot.

I'm going with 7DMT and another ride that most the family can ride aka more money paid - Splash Mountain for now. After that I'm going with Tron.

The more I think about it, the more the lack of any legitimate on-site advantage (allowing me to get up at 7am to purchase ride times, while an "advantage", isn't something most people will find value in) really irritates me.

I really don't care they decided to charge for this feature. We all knew it was coming, so I, like many of you, accepted it a long time ago. It was inevitable. In fact, I have no issues with paying for convenience or up charges I see value in. There might be an overall value in this, but it stings to pay the same on vs off site.

The whole gutting of on-site benefits really seems so short sighted and really reinforces the idea that Disney takes their guest's loyalty for granted.

They have seen time and time again that if they rock the boat with a one-sided change, guests will eventually just get used to it. While that will probably happen here too, I really can't see ever staying on-site, after this trip, again.
Things that are the same price on / off site:
Tickets
Food
Genie
Transportation to / from (staring 2022)
Special Events (maybe you get to buy your ticket early or get $10 off, but that's nothing)
Souvenirs
VIP
Parking
I'm sure I've missed some

I can't wait to see what Universal has to say about this as they always seem to know how to hilariously point out the obvious flaws in Disney's "value" proposition.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter