Disney Genie announcement

After our last visit to WDW less than a month ago, as a family we said we wouldn't go back until some sort of fasspass system was in place (as well as characters, parades and shows). The crowds were large and lines were long. Not magical.

We have used DL Fastpass system and it worked. I also liked that we didn't have to plan our rides months in advance.

Looking forward to the reviews in the fall.

Random but will you be able to lightning pass haunted mansion and then go wait standby for Pirates? Or is it like Tapu Tapu at Volcano Bay where you wait (I never went to Disneyland bjt I heard and read that max pass was amazing but I never heard of it stacking rides or not stacking rides so to speak)

I meant as in only able to get 2-3 passes in a full day due to reservations being filled / needing to wait for your current pass to be used to check next availability. You'll not be able to get anything out of the pass to make it worth $15.

It depends on how many rides are included in this versus having to pay individually. If these aren't the big headliners, then return times will likely be sooner, thus allowing more over the course of the day.

I think they are reserving committing to some benefit for on site guests so they can run it as a special. Book during certain periods and enjoy Genie+ included. Or book during certain periods and get 1 or 2 of the extra attraction credits included per day.

Plenty of perks for Universals express pass though.
What's the perks? I've only experienced the free express on the higher tiered passes. One big gripe about Universal Express is you can't even get on Velocicoaster or Hagrid's. The two most popular rides. I'm sure in due time, they will finally add those, but still, if you're visiting and paying $99 - $230+ per person to get on all the rides and can't even get on the most popular ones, what other perks offset that?

I guess if there is one "plus" to it it's that it seems like you can't make reservations until 7am the day of your ticket. Sounds like it will be another mad rush to everyone's phones in the morning, but I personally think it's better than planning your day 60 days in advance. I know we all know there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a fastpass you want gone weeks in advance, especially if you are staying off site or planning a last minute trip. Plus tons of people aren't on these forums, they literally show up the day of their ticket and figure things out from there. And now you can be a little more spontaneous. So... maybe a little silver lining?

Actually... contradicting myself, according to DFB "At Disney World, if you’re staying at a Disney owned and operated hotel, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, or the Shades of Green Hotel you’ll be able to make your first Individual Attraction Selection at 7AM. All other guests will have to make their selections when they enter their first park of the day."

So there is a slight advantage to resort guests. Resort guests will have to jump on their phones at 7, everyone else will have to wait another hour or two (at the earliest) when they enter the park.

Sadly, not every guest is the same. We are older and keep our APs to dine in the parks, plus ride a few attractions. We might go to mk in the morning for 3 hours. So buying an extra perk for the whole day when we don’t spend the whole day will not work for us. So I guess we’ll go, ride a couple of rides via standby and call it a day. We’ve never been all day guest even 20 years ago when we first started buying annual passes. if you spend the entire day at a park, then you’ll feel like it’s worth it. Maybe they’ll offer a senior citizen discount 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter