Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

1 is only a factor at Deluxe resorts, 2 if your kids are old enough to be on their own they probably have their own phone and CC to use Uber. The Uber rides would be a lot less expensive than the price difference between on-site and off-site. 3 While the Skyliner is cool and is a quick way to the two of the parks, there are also drawbacks. Evidenced by the number of people here complaining they have to walk from IG to the front of EPCOT when the Skyliner goes down. 4 you are absolutely right about, is that theming worth 3 or 4x the cost? Not to me, but I can understand it will be for some people
I would also say that the reason hotels outside of Disney can charge so little is the demand for them, if that changes as so many are predicting, that price difference is going to evaporate.

2 if your kids are old enough to be on their own they probably have their own phone and CC to use Uber. The Uber rides would be a lot less expensive than the price difference between on-site and off-site.

I'm not arguing that on-site accommodation is "worth it" (I would never pay rack rate, personally), but I think there is some space between "too young to go alone" and "old enough to take Uber".

At least for me, I wouldn't hesitate to let my 12 and 15 year olds take Disney transportation without a parent, with some ground rules, but I'm no so sure that I'd be comfortable letting them use Uber on their own, and I'm quite certain *they* would not be comfortable with it.

Maybe I'd feel differently if we lived in a big city and they were used to taking Uber or taxis on a regular basis.

Does anyone know whether EMH will include the $LL rides so we could rope drop them in standby?

This is what I’ve been saying from the start, and completely agree with. The fact that everyone thinks it will be $FP+ Would be Disney asking for punishment from their guests haha, I think this technology has been years in the making. Disney is always forward dreaming, and constantly has to wait to tech to catch up, so we shall see

Quite frankly there isn’t enough to do in any of these parks to create a “unique” experience.

Disney is peddling the same junk now with an app. If that makes it special…you are easily amused

Quite frankly there isn’t enough to do in any of these parks to create a “unique” experience.

Disney is peddling the same junk now with an app. If that makes it special…you are easily amused
You don’t have to go🤷‍♂️ You don’t seem to enjoy the parks, and that’s fine. Some of us do, and that’s also fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what the website/app has been doing when people are trying to book dining 60 days out, I have zero faith that 7am daily Genie + searching is going to lead to a "magical" experience while on vacation.

Disney IT is not ready for prime time and is basing their entire guest experience on it.

Based on what the website/app has been doing when people are trying to book dining 60 days out, I have zero faith that 7am daily Genie + searching is going to lead to a "magical" experience while on vacation.

Disney IT is not ready for prime time and is basing their entire guest experience on it.
Agreed. At least I am not paying 15$ for the privilege of booking an ADR and I’m sitting on my couch at home. If I am at the resort AND paying 15$ per person in my party, then I have an expectation that the app will not crash and that I can actually book a ride pass.

The other issue with the dining ADRs is the inconsistency from Disney. Announced time is 6am EST for booking. I will freely admit I have benefited by them releasing the ADRs 30 minutes early and have booked 3 hard to get reservations in the last week PRIOR to the announced opening booking time. That said, its not wholly fair to the vast majority of people who took 6am as 6am vs “sometime before 6am”

Will Genie+ and the paid option have the same inconsistency? Is 7am really 7am? I don’t want to play the game of get up at 6 am and start refreshing constantly hoping for ride passes to start dropping for me to book.

haha, they haven’t had much luck with anything like that, I’m looking at you Disney+. Crossing my fingers that this launches smoothly and they learn from past mistakes

Agreed. At least I am not paying 15$ for the privilege of booking an ADR and I’m sitting on my couch at home. If I am at the resort AND paying 15$ per person in my party, then I have an expectation that the app will not crash and that I can actually book a ride pass.

The other issue with the dining ADRs is the inconsistency from Disney. Announced time is 6am EST for booking. I will freely admit I have benefited by them releasing the ADRs 30 minutes early and have booked 3 hard to get reservations in the last week PRIOR to the announced opening booking time. That said, its not wholly fair to the vast majority of people who took 6am as 6am vs “sometime before 6am”

Will Genie+ and the paid option have the same inconsistency? Is 7am really 7am? I don’t want to play the game of get up at 6 am and start refreshing constantly hoping for ride passes to start dropping for me to book.
I think with something free offered as a perk, they have wiggle room to do as they please. When people are paying for something it would need to be pretty rigid, (unless they were promoting something better) otherwise they open themselves up for litigation

haha, they haven’t had much luck with anything like that, I’m looking at you Disney+. Crossing my fingers that this launches smoothly and they learn from past mistakes

Given the fact that it is rumored to launch in ~30 days +/- coupled with the behavior of the site/app as of today, there is nothing that makes me think this will launch smoothly or that Disney has learned from past mistakes.

Agreed, fingers crossed, cause that is a strategy that makes for really good customer experience when guest are paying thousands. ;)

Disney pricing has always exceeded inflation

Thats not actually true.

03BE8621-C9FF-48E1-A3E3-3227ADD9120A.jpeg

Looking at WDW ticket prices back in 1971 to today, you can see that based on today's dollars for inflation (green bars) - ticket prices generally speaking stayed around the same price for a 1-day admission ticket until around 2005 when there is an increase in pricing above inflation. This is despite adding 3 parks and a lot of additional attractions.

Thats not actually true.

View attachment 606153

Looking at WDW ticket prices back in 1971 to today, you can see that based on today's dollars for inflation (green bars) - ticket prices generally speaking stayed around the same price for a 1-day admission ticket until around 2005 when there is an increase in pricing above inflation. This is despite adding 3 parks and a lot of additional attractions.
Unless you're using a ticket that includes hopping, the presence of 3 other parks means nothing, since your one day ticket only gets you into one park. Those other 3 parks bring their own revenue.

Thats not actually true.

View attachment 606153

Is there a way to show this based on a 5-day ticket, 1 day tickets are a lot more expensive then lets say a week. I just don't see 1 day tickets being the majority, and you have to take that into account

Is there a way to show this based on a 5-day ticket, 1 day tickets are a lot more expensive then lets say a week. I just don't see 1 day tickets being the majority, and you have to take that into account

I don't - it wasn't my graph, but the pricing should still be relatively the same over time. In other words, a 5-day ticket price increase is roughly the same year to year.

I don't - it wasn't my graph, but the pricing should still be relatively the same over time. In other words, a 5-day ticket price increase is roughly the same year to year.
i guess my curiosity is if the price drops for buying a longer day ticket, would that knock ticket prices closer to inflation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter