Disney Food Pictures...Part IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is indeed the Grey Stuff. It's not the Triple Chocolate one, but it is a chocolate cupcake with the grey stuff on top. And it was indeed delicious-we didn't have to ask the dishes! :rotfl:

Cool.:thumbsup2 We haven't been able to get a dinner ADR at BOG but I do believe we'll have to try for lunch there one day. Only thing is, I would probably want one of the sandwiches but they always look a little dry in the pictures I've seen. I wonder if they'll let me order some extra sour cream or Dijon mayo on the side? Anybody tried that?

Cool.:thumbsup2 We haven't been able to get a dinner ADR at BOG but I do believe we'll have to try for lunch there one day. Only thing is, I would probably want one of the sandwiches but they always look a little dry in the pictures I've seen. I wonder if they'll let me order some extra sour cream or Dijon mayo on the side? Anybody tried that?

I guess you can ask...we didn't find the sandwiches to be dry, though. (This was in Sept.)

I love looking at all of these delicious pictures of food. People need to put what they thought of most of it though. Not too many people write a review about it. I'm curious what everyones thoughts are on some of these things. :)

This is NOT the place for reviews. There is a Dining Review thread already. The purpose of this thread is for food Pictures only.

Does anyone have any Kona dinner photos/reviews to share?

I have a few pictures from July 2012 and March 2013!

July:

Appetizer (As described on allears - Pot Stickers - wok-seared pork and vegetable dumplings with creamy ginger-soy sauce $7.99)

2rrlbar.jpg

My mom's entree. I don't think they serve this anymore :-)( ) but it was a coconut-almond crusted chicken. I stole a few bites and it was AMAZING! :goodvibes

2a9pk6w.jpg

My signature entree, as described on allears : Teriyaki Style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with sticky rice and stir-fried broccolini $28.99

9ga9hg.jpg

And here's pictures from March!

We had a monorail view because the restaurant itself was packed. We actually preferred sitting here, because we made friends with a local who was dining by herself. :)

2wfsuqg.jpg

256ttar.jpg

The bread! And the incredible pomegranate lemonade.

ibmkd4.jpg

Of course, I got the steak again. It's so good!

2zpp01z.jpg

And my mom got her signature option again. We're so adventurous, I know. ;)

eg97r5.jpg

I did try a new dessert though. As described by allearts, this is the Banana-Chocolate Creme Brulee - with a chocolate spiral $5.99

2cid79z.jpg

I love looking at all of these delicious pictures of food. People need to put what they thought of most of it though. Not too many people write a review about it. I'm curious what everyones thoughts are on some of these things. :)

I agree. It doesn't need to be a review, but a quick opinion would be great. If something is amazing to someone, I'd like to try it too.

Be Our Guest - lunch - Braised Pork with potatoes and veggies. The Lemon Meringue cupcake.

The cupcake was better than I thought it would be. The pork was luscious. This is comfort food. Do yourself a favor and sit in the West Wing.

I agree. It doesn't need to be a review, but a quick opinion would be great. If something is amazing to someone, I'd like to try it too.

I agree also, theres a difference between a review and someone just saying "this was only so-so" or "this was so good!" Often you see a picture and it looks great but you wonder if the person enjoyed it or not..
Javamoms heading in the photo above is a perfect example of how just a few words can leave no doubt. Those two items are my favorite things at BOG!!

Dinner at T-Rex May/June, 2013 trip:

Neanderthal New York Strip - Charbroiled New York strip steak topped with steak butter and served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes and your choice of a side:

My son ordered this same steak but asked for double waffle fries:

Tyrannosaurus T-Bone - Charbroiled certified Angus Beef T-bone steak topped with steak butter and served with your choice of a side:

Fossil Fish-n-Chips - Filet of cod, golden fried, served English style, with waffle fries, coleslaw, and tartar sauce:

Tar Pit Fried Shrimp - Tender shrimp lightly fried golden brown, served with tartar and cocktail sauces, waffle fries and cole slaw:

Supersaurus Sampler - For an appetite as big as T-REX! Spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips, Brachiosaurus Bruschetta, T-Rexadillas and Onion Rings:

Sorbet Sampler - Mango and raspberry sorbet topped with raspberry sauce and mango puree and served with a chocolate covered wafer:

Chocolate Extinction - A gigantic portion of chocolate fudge cake served with ice cream, fresh whipped cream drizzled with fudge and caramel sauces and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs. Enough for two or more.

Cosmic Key Lime Pie - freshly baked key lime pie in a graham cracker crust, served with raspberry sauce and fresh whipped cream:

Meteor Bites - Warm chocolate and vanilla donut holes with powdered sugar. Served with caramel and chocolate sauces:

Every single one of us enjoyed our meals and the portions are fairly large. The steaks were cooked just as ordered and were still moist and tender. The sampler platter is huge and would easily feed two people. The meteor bites were not as good as the similar dessert at Via Napoli but a close second. The chocolate extinction cake was large enough to share. This was our 3rd time eating at T-Rex and would definitely recommend it to those who wonder whether or not to eat there.

Via Napoli May/June, 2013 trip

Candele - candle stick pasta, sausage ragu, polpettine meatballs, mozzarella, ricotta:

Quattro Formaggi - mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone (I am not sure if this comes with the traditional red pizza sauce but we did ask for it.)

Pepperoni - pepperoni, tomato, mozzarella:

Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni - Ugly, but good. Amarena cherry and vanilla gelato sundae with ugly, but good cookies of carnevale:

Pistachio gelato:

Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce:

This was our 2nd time to eat at Via Napoli and we'll be going back in May/June, 2014. The portion of the pasta was larger than it appears in the picture and the pizza were definitely large enough to share. The zeppoles were absolutely delicious and even inspired the name of a chapter in my trip report. ;)

Wolfgang Puck Express May/June, 2013

Rotisserie Turkey Club - Avocado, bacon, red onion, plum tomatoes, romaine, remoulade and fries:

Caesar salad - tomato bruschetta, parmesan, caesar dressing with chicken:

I can't find the pictures right now but my son ordered the cheese pizza, my daughter ordered a pulled bbq sandwich (I don't see it on the menu but it was at the time.) and my son-in-law ordered a sandwich as well (not sure which one without looking at the picture). Once again, Wolfgang Puck Express did not disappoint and it was a great meal.

Be Our Guest - lunch - Braised Pork with potatoes and veggies. The Lemon Meringue cupcake.

The cupcake was better than I thought it would be. The pork was luscious. This is comfort food. Do yourself a favor and sit in the West Wing.

This looks utterly amazing! I am going to have to share with DH and the rest of the gang. We are hoping to be lucky enough to get to eat at BOG for lunch this summer.

Anyone have pictures of their Akershus Dinner? I wish there was an index that linked all the pictures for each restaurant. I love looking through everyone's photos though always makes me hungry! :) :goodvibes

Anyone have pictures of their Akershus Dinner? I wish there was an index that linked all the pictures for each restaurant. I love looking through everyone's photos though always makes me hungry! :) :goodvibes

Try this http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2456371: It lists all of the places.
If that link doesn't work, it's under "Disney Restaurants" then under the top sticky portion under "Special Links on the Restaurant Board" and then the link is called "New Categorized Food/Restaurant Thread".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter